***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

I know nothing of finance this is just a naive curious question, but surely almost every club bar the relegated would be rising slowly during that time due to inflation and the increasing amounts of money throughout the game as a whole e.g bigger tv deals? So would be better to compare it to the average growth for a premier league team? Or is that nonsense?

edit : to show how well our share price was rising

Edited by jonasjuice

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know nothing of finance this is just a naive curious question, but surely almost every club bar the relegated would be rising slowly during that time due to inflation and the increasing amounts of money throughout the game as a whole e.g bigger tv deals? So would be better to compare it to the average growth for a premier league team? Or is that nonsense?

Makes sense. That's why buyers were all over PL clubs. My point still stands. Among all those clubs changing hands, we remain one of the most expensive. Doesn't tally with the financial mess being portrayed in hindsight.

Makes sense. That's why buyers were all over PL clubs. My point still stands. Among all those clubs changing hands, we remain one of the most expensive. Doesn't tally with the financial mess being portrayed in hindsight.

The financial "mess" is not hindsight, it's a nailed on fact and is evidenced in the accounts, liabilites exceeding assets, revenues spent in advance etc etc To contend there was nowt wrong is ridiculous.

The sale price is driven by what someone is prepared to pay, no-one who did do due dilligence, in the previous year, was prepared to pay anything. People get stung on buying stuff all the time, if they don't do their research. More fool them, and more fool Ashley in particular, but thank fuck he had deep pockets.

Ashley is a businessman and he bought NUFC to make money. Its utter bollocks to say that he spent that much money without looking at the clubs finances; remember its the Fat Liar himself that later stated he had not done the due dilligence, quite frankly who believes his shite? Mugs thats who. JSM wise up and stop spouting Ashley drivel.

He is running NUFC as he runs his other businesses, maximizing the profits. Buy cheap players, hope they keep us in the PL and sell whomsoever commands a high return. The longer we stay in the PL the more money he gets before he sells us to the highest bidder

Yes we are doing very well at the moment, well done to Carr and Pardew for that, but, Fatboy will sell Cabaye/Tiote/Krul/Colloccini/Ba if he gets a good enough offer. I doubt very much if we can keep finding such good players at bargain prices. Ashley does not give a toss if we are 3rd 7th or 17th as long as we stay in the PL so he can keep getting free advertising for all the SD shit on display at SJP.

I must have missed Ashleys journey to Sainthood

Ashley is a businessman and he bought NUFC to make money. Its utter bollocks to say that he spent that much money without looking at the clubs finances; remember its the Fat Liar himself that later stated he had not done the due dilligence, quite frankly who believes his shite? Mugs thats who. JSM wise up and stop spouting Ashley drivel.

He is running NUFC as he runs his other businesses, maximizing the profits. Buy cheap players, hope they keep us in the PL and sell whomsoever commands a high return. The longer we stay in the PL the more money he gets before he sells us to the highest bidder

Yes we are doing very well at the moment, well done to Carr and Pardew for that, but, Fatboy will sell Cabaye/Tiote/Krul/Colloccini/Ba if he gets a good enough offer. I doubt very much if we can keep finding such good players at bargain prices. Ashley does not give a toss if we are 3rd 7th or 17th as long as we stay in the PL so he can keep getting free advertising for all the SD shit on display at SJP.

Is the club making a profit?

Just for info, the all time low of the share price was something like 20p making the club worth £25m at that time. Throughout 2006 and early 2007, Fred, John and Douglas all bought loads of shares. I think Fred went from 20% to 30% of all shares. This restricts supply of shares on the market, which of course increases the share price. The only reason to do this if you are not going to make a bid to be the majority shareholder (required by law once a single shareholder owns 30%) is to maximise income from a sale.

Do I take it from the pointless question that you agree with what I posted then?

However hold on whilst I get my crystal ball you tool. As the last set of accounts released relate to the Championship season when we lost £17m I would guess at yes the club is making a profit and Fatboy will be cashing in his loans sooner rather than later. Its not just the figures tho, remember he gets a shit load of free SD advertising at SJP which would cost him a good lot of dosh if he had to pay for it.

Agree with all of that - I think you sum up the situation perfectly

Just needs Leazes to quote and state "Exactly" and we'll have a full set

Do I take it from the pointless question that you agree with what I posted then?

However hold on whilst I get my crystal ball you tool. As the last set of accounts released relate to the Championship season when we lost £17m I would guess at yes the club is making a profit and Fatboy will be cashing in his loans sooner rather than later. Its not just the figures tho, remember he gets a shit load of free SD advertising at SJP which would cost him a good lot of dosh if he had to pay for it.

Parts of the initial post I agree with and also as I have stated numerous times every player has his price, £35m for Carroll for instance, I guess any bid north of £25m would be enough for Tiote,Colo,Cabaye etc. You seem to be in the school of thought,like Leazes, that we can keep players that want to leave and play C.L. football, or think they will anyway, like Carroll/Enrique did

I just wonder.

Joint Fifth, heading towards the end of January and clearly within not a million miles off a CL spot.....

Could the Gambler side of Mike Ashley be tempted to have a reasonable punt?

Hold on to all the stars and get a couple in?

I'm sure the conversation must be going on within the halls of power.

Played 21 Points 36

Not our best performance of the season but we got the job done, I thought we played better against West Brom and Swansea and didn't win either of them but it goes like that sometimes.

Nice to see we're bouncing back from our tough fixture period too.

I just wonder.

Joint Fifth, heading towards the end of January and clearly within not a million miles off a CL spot.....

I bet you still believe in the tooth fairy as well.

I just wonder.

No chance.

The financial "mess" is not hindsight, it's a nailed on fact and is evidenced in the accounts, liabilites exceeding assets, revenues spent in advance etc etc To contend there was nowt wrong is ridiculous.

The sale price is driven by what someone is prepared to pay, no-one who did do due dilligence, in the previous year, was prepared to pay anything. People get stung on buying stuff all the time, if they don't do their research. More fool them, and more fool Ashley in particular, but thank fuck he had deep pockets.

Never said there was nowt wrong. I was saying in 2007 there was plenty wrong. But hindsight has it that Ashleys frugal ways are saving us from shepherds overspend, but Ashley spent 2 years making things worse himself when he arrived, having come in with his eyes wide open about the level of debt.

Just needs Leazes to quote and state "Exactly" and we'll have a full set

And Leazes' king-of-the-sandpit arrogance ...

Edited by dbsweeney

I just wonder.

Unfortunately more along the lines of - "Wow, this is easier than it looks! Lets sell some off and we'll still survive comfortably!"