***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Stevie, great post and spot on

@ Leazes, yaaaaawwwwnnnn

was your bottom lip quivering when you went into work and saw those Liverpool "supporters" from Sussex on Monday morning ?

Pardew said when he got the job, in 3-5 years they want us to be in a position where, we can generate enough money to keep our best players, and grow as a club. That 3-5 year period could well have been achieved in just 18 months.

17 Hours later........ @leeryder Pards on 5 year plan "we're one year ahead of schedule.

First Anal, who used to use my crack now this mug. Get your own ideas baaldy.

Pardew said when he got the job, in 3-5 years they want us to be in a position where, we can generate enough money to keep our best players, and grow as a club. That 3-5 year period could well have been achieved in just 18 months.
17 Hours later........ @leeryder Pards on 5 year plan "we're one year ahead of schedule. First Anal, who used to use my crack now this mug. Get your own ideas baaldy.

Good for you Stevie, if you're into bum sex there's no reason to hide it

17 Hours later........ @leeryder Pards on 5 year plan "we're one year ahead of schedule. First Anal, who used to use my crack now this mug. Get your own ideas baaldy.

Good for you Stevie, if you're into bum sex there's no reason to hide it

:lol:

@ Stevie, great post and spot on

@ Leazes, yaaaaawwwwnnnn

was your bottom lip quivering when you went into work and saw those Liverpool "supporters" from Sussex on Monday morning ?

No, why would it?

Was yours when you walked in Saturday night and caught your Mrs banging your neighbour?

if we qualify for the Champions League under Mike Ashleys ownership, say within 2 years [thats one year longer than his "plan"] I'll leave this forum.

all the more reason to finish 4th.

Shit, I've spent near two hours catching up on this thread! Nearly all are reasoned, sound posts, apart from the insane ramblings of one particular mad man. Leazes is a particulary pitiable example of a football 'fan'. I do recognise it a bit though if I'm honest. Under Souness (Shephard/Halls choice, or was it Gemmill's?) I fucking hated going to matches and towards the end wanted us to lose so that he was replaced. I suspect, in fact basically know, this is Leazes attitude for every match now. Qualifying for the CL - possible if unlikely - would kill the man. Here's hoping (he'll quit football, not actually die).

I have absolutely loved the last three seasons - more than any since Robson's 4th place finish. Great football matches, spectacular results, and the odd dismal failure. Now we even seem to be getting consistency. I think the atmosphere at SJP is great too compared to the Souness/Roeder/Allerdyce period. We have a team to be proud of and who can beat anyone on their day. Like Stevie, I still hate Ashley and especially Lambias, mainly for the renaming issue. But in balance our football is like a breath of fresh air. Ashley is here to stay so I suggest that 'true' fans get behind the club and savour our increasing victories and the brilliance of the likes of Collocini, Arfa, Ba, and Cisse.

Finally, it's really pissing me off Leazes using this 'matchgoing' argument. I'm signed up for ten years, and do a fair few aways. Does this make me a better fan than you? No, it doesn't, but the fact I support the team does.

Guest CabayeAye

Shit, I've spent near two hours catching up on this thread! Nearly all are reasoned, sound posts, apart from the insane ramblings of one particular mad man. Leazes is a particulary pitiable example of a football 'fan'. I do recognise it a bit though if I'm honest. Under Souness (Shephard/Halls choice, or was it Gemmill's?) I fucking hated going to matches and towards the end wanted us to lose so that he was replaced. I suspect, in fact basically know, this is Leazes attitude for every match now. Qualifying for the CL - possible if unlikely - would kill the man. Here's hoping (he'll quit football, not actually die).

I have absolutely loved the last three seasons - more than any since Robson's 4th place finish. Great football matches, spectacular results, and the odd dismal failure. Now we even seem to be getting consistency. I think the atmosphere at SJP is great too compared to the Souness/Roeder/Allerdyce period. We have a team to be proud of and who can beat anyone on their day. Like Stevie, I still hate Ashley and especially Lambias, mainly for the renaming issue. But in balance our football is like a breath of fresh air. Ashley is here to stay so I suggest that 'true' fans get behind the club and savour our increasing victories and the brilliance of the likes of Collocini, Arfa, Ba, and Cisse.

Finally, it's really pissing me off Leazes using this 'matchgoing' argument. I'm signed up for ten years, and do a fair few aways. Does this make me a better fan than you? No, it doesn't, but the fact I support the team does.

Spot on. Any reasonable man would accept the stadium naming and red and blue shit everywhere in exchange for the best business model in the league by some distance. We have 7 blinding players who have formed the core of our team and are starting to get a good group of squad players built up around them. We are 4-5 players short of convincingly becoming the fourth best team in the league (behind Man U, Man City and Chelsea) and could barge into the CL consistently as well as genuinely challenging for siverware. All this without pissing money down the drain á lá Liverpool and Tottenham and most certainly in a much more sustainable manner than under Shepherd/Hall et al.

But despite insurmountable evidence, LeazesMag is still clinging to the glory days of scraping into the knockout stages of the CL even though we are well set to surpass those days in the next couple of years.

The only explaination I can give for this is the same reason why people cling to religion: despite overwhelming evidence that there is no God and religion being a deeply bad thing, people still go to church because they've been indoctrinated and have invested too much personal belief in something to give it up, and no amount of evidence to the contrary will cause them to relinquish their position.

Chelsea's schedule with the Fa Cup semi and CL game a couple of days later will hopefully work well for us as their league form will surely dip slightly.

Unbelievable that we've beaten that points tally from the 5th season btw

Spot on. Any reasonable man would accept the stadium naming and red and blue shit everywhere in exchange for the best business model in the league by some distance. We have 7 blinding players who have formed the core of our team and are starting to get a good group of squad players built up around them. We are 4-5 players short of convincingly becoming the fourth best team in the league (behind Man U, Man City and Chelsea) and could barge into the CL consistently as well as genuinely challenging for siverware. All this without pissing money down the drain á lá Liverpool and Tottenham and most certainly in a much more sustainable manner than under Shepherd/Hall et al.

But despite insurmountable evidence, LeazesMag is still clinging to the glory days of scraping into the knockout stages of the CL even though we are well set to surpass those days in the next couple of years.

The only explaination I can give for this is the same reason why people cling to religion: despite overwhelming evidence that there is no God and religion being a deeply bad thing, people still go to church because they've been indoctrinated and have invested too much personal belief in something to give it up, and no amount of evidence to the contrary will cause them to relinquish their position.

Really ??? :icon_lol:

Well, whether we like it or not, the media are now focussing on the race for fourth and due to our excellent position we are being included in the clubs chasing fourth.

The table doesnt lie and we are currently 5th, 3 points off Champions League qualification. Come Sunday evening we could well be joint fourth with 14 games left!

Now I know some will want to stick their heads in the sand and not contemplate its possibility, but we are still hanging in give injuries, suspensions and missing ANC players.

Unless we have a sudden crash of form, we are going to remain within touching distance all the way to the end.

As we have played some crap football and still achieved results, a crash of form would have to be pretty spectactular.

And lets consider our competitors. Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool are not the untouchable forces they have been previously.

And we face these last 15 games with a new striker.

Pretty exciting run in for quite a while.

Well if we are playing that game Happy Face may I draw your attention to the post above. :lol:

Also worth flicking through the dogs abuse I got for it as well :(

http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/31911-official-mike-ashley-euro-express-thread/page__view__findpost__p__1033972

"Delusional"........"odie"........

Maybe some people should learn not to have negativity as their default position. Just saying like :razz: