***Official Mike Ashley Euro express thread***

Baggio

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we need better than simpson at right back, i'm afraid. he's a good player but makes too many individual errors for us to go about getting 6th or 5th in the league. him and williamson are good enough squad players but long term aren't good enough first teamers.

Thought Santon looked powder-puff again defensively. He's good driving forward on the wing, was often caught out of position and Jonas had to cover his arse.

Our season is summed up perfectly by our goal difference: 0

That means we have conceded exactly as many goals as we have scored; in essence, the season has been one massive draw. Are we really going to accept that? If you connected all the games into one massive game, we would be on 1 point. That is relegation standard. Pardew has faffed about with his formations all season, he still doesn't know what his strongest starting 11 is. For a long time he thought, "I bought Obertan, that means he must be good enough for the starting 11," long after the supporters had realised Obertan would be better suited to being an extra in a sci-fi tv movie. So now finally Pardew has realised Obertan is shit at football, and now he plays Ryan Taylor on the right. In between this discovery he faffed about with a 4-3-3 and we got humped, conceding 5 goals a time. Sort it out Alan.

we need better than simpson at right back, i'm afraid. he's a good player but makes too many individual errors for us to go about getting 6th or 5th in the league. him and williamson are good enough squad players but long term aren't good enough first teamers.

Williamson is a squad player. The only reason he's playing is because S Taylor is out for the season. He's not really good enough as a squad player.

Thought Santon looked powder-puff again defensively. He's good driving forward on the wing, was often caught out of position and Jonas had to cover his arse.

That means we have conceded exactly as many goals as we have scored; in essence, the season has been one massive draw. Are we really going to accept that? If you connected all the games into one massive game, we would be on 1 point. That is relegation standard. Pardew has faffed about with his formations all season, he still doesn't know what his strongest starting 11 is. For a long time he thought, "I bought Obertan, that means he must be good enough for the starting 11," long after the supporters had realised Obertan would be better suited to being an extra in a sci-fi tv movie. So now finally Pardew has realised Obertan is shit at football, and now he plays Ryan Taylor on the right. In between this discovery he faffed about with a 4-3-3 and we got humped, conceding 5 goals a time. Sort it out Alan.

Obertan as Barton's replacement has failed,the jury's still out for me on Santon and Ben Arfa,and as you say Simpson and Williamson are squad players at best. Theres huge plus points about this season, but there are also things that are plainly utter shite. We appear to be targeting certain players, and if the deal doesn't suit us we walk away. Which is ok, but then when we fail to bring a centre half in to replace Taylor last month we're stuck with the great lump who had 2 chances to clear the ball before Wolves scored the equaliser. Cisse coming in will make us go 442 every game, which is good if Pardew sticks with it as Cisse will benefit from the consisitancy. The defence is a worry though.

That means we have conceded exactly as many goals as we have scored; in essence, the season has been one massive draw. Are we really going to accept that? If you connected all the games into one massive game, we would be on 1 point. That is relegation standard.

you MUST be taking the piss

no one can be that stupid.

well, if you apply your formula to everyone we'd be 8th

so "relegation standard" is bollocks. its all just bollocks.

Call it bollocks if you like, but I am only interested in pure FACTS, I am not interested in papering over the cracks with sentimental gibberish. Fact is with 1 point we'd be rock bottom of the league. Do you need me to explain it to you? It's not string theory, 1 point = ROCK BOTTOM. Even Wigan have amassed 20 points at this stage.

Call it bollocks if you like, but I am only interested in pure FACTS, I am not interested in papering over the cracks with sentimental gibberish. Fact is with 1 point we'd be rock bottom of the league. Do you need me to explain it to you? It's not string theory, 1 point = ROCK BOTTOM. Even Wigan have amassed 20 points at this stage.

What about the teams on minus goal difference? Surely they would be below us on zero points. Daft as fuck theory by the way

Some people are so stupid.

Here's a list of the teams on minus goal differences and their corresponding points tallys:

Norwich -5/35 points

Everton -1/33 points

Fulham -4/33 points

Stoke -12/33 points

West Brom -2/32 points

Swansea -6/30 points

Villa -5/29 points

Wolves -21/22 points

QPR -18/22 points

Blackburn -22/21 points

Bolton -25/20 points

Wigan -27/20 points

As you will notice, the lowest points total amongst those teams is 20 points, which would leave us lagging 19 points behind at the bottom of the table, according to the rule changes I have implemented. It's that simple. I can't lay it out any simpler than that, and if YOU can read that and YOU are still satisfied that we are on the way up, then I would advise a trip to the local doctor's office for a MRI scan, because there is clearly a lack of brain function going on in the tiny cavities inside your skulls where a brain should be. The goals are flying in, into our net: 5-0, 5-2, 2-2, it's an absolute disgrace.

English European Competition Qualification 2011/12

1st Champions League Group Stage (currently Manchester City)

2nd Champions League Group Stage (currently Manchester United)

3rd Champions League Group Stage (currently Tottenham)

4th Champions League Third (Final) Qualifying Round (currently Arsenal)

5th Europa League Third (Final) Qualifying Round (currently Chelsea)

League Cup Winners - Europa League Qualifying - Liverpool

FA Cup Winners - Europa League Qualifying. If winners achieve Qualification via League Position the runners-up will take their place in Europa League. If both have achieved qualification via League Position the slot goes to the highest placed team not qualified by other means.

How can NUFC get in to Europe?

Champions League:

NUFC Finish in the top 4. Unlikely.

Europa League:

NUFC Finish 5th

NUFC win FA Cup

NUFC reach FA Cup Final but lose to Champions League Qualified Team

NUFC Finish 6th with Liverpool winning the League Cup and finishing 5th

NUFC Finish 6th with two teams contesting the FA Cup Final who have already qualified for Europe (CL place or Europa Lge via League or League Cup)

NUFC Finish 7th with two teams contesting the FA Cup Final who have already qualified for Europe (CL place or Europa Lge via League) AND Liverpool win the League Cup whilst finishing in a position that would afford them European Qualification.

That means we have conceded exactly as many goals as we have scored; in essence, the season has been one massive draw. Are we really going to accept that? If you connected all the games into one massive game, we would be on 1 point. That is relegation standard.

you MUST be taking the piss

no one can be that stupid.

wanna bet

So basically, it the FA Cup final features 2 of Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea, we can finish 7th and still get into Europe. Pardew needs to ram this home to the players because the amount of shitty draws and losses we have suffered against the likes of Wolves, West Brom, Swansea and Norwich might well end up costing us a Europa League place at the end of the season

What?? you are actually serious aren't you?

one point from one game can't put you bottom unless everyone draws..... so EVERYONE would be level AND evryone would have a zero goal difference.... think about it!!