Manchester United v Newcastle United

McFaul

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got no nails left, but completely worth it. Great effort. If they hadn't have scored that lucky goal then who knows where this game could have gone. I know the penalty shouldn't really have been one, but if we are being honest, if it was Rooney who had gone down and it was the Man U fans screaming for a pen then it would have been given.

Krul the stand out performer and a worthy MOM. Ben Arfa showed flashes of genius that I hope will become more so when he gets more settled, although he showed his temperamental side for his booking. Very sturdy performance. Rode our luck, but at the end of the day we got a point for it.

Ben Arfa showed flashes of genius that I hope will become more so when he gets more settled, although he showed his temperamental side for his booking.

Played well. I don't mind seeing players who want to stick up for their teammates. Its worth the yellow card to let each other and, more particularly, the opposition know that its a 'one in all in' mentality.

Top result. Didn't expect any points in Manchester at all.

We're still 4th :lol:

Well done lads, really showed true steel in hanging on. Let's hope Colo is given a new contract because he sure as hell deserves it. Can't wait for MOTD to see this 'penalty'. Bout time some decisions went against the fuckers at Old Trafford.

Ben Arfa showed flashes of genius that I hope will become more so when he gets more settled, although he showed his temperamental side for his booking.

Played well. I don't mind seeing players who want to stick up for their teammates. Its worth the yellow card to let each other and, more particularly, the opposition know that its a 'one in all in' mentality.

It was a bit daft but the ref should've booked Rooney for it anyway. Took two swings at Colo because of the firm challenge. Typical Man Utd wanker tbh, can give it in spades but can't take it.

Edited by alex

Cabaye says, "sacre bleu," and bounces the ball: yellow card for dissent.

Rooney pushes Gutierrez over and subsequently screams, "FUCK OFF!" towards the ref: nout.

Still, the excellent decision for our penalty makes up for it. Laughable that after such a fantastic performance to get a result with 10 men, the Manchester players first thought at the final whistle was to crowd the ref whinging.

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew: "We had some Geordie heroes. A brilliant display. We showed we can compete with one of the best teams in Europe. We looked a bit edgy after their goal and it was all hands to the pump. Ferdinand played the ball - it was fortunate for us. We have a resilience in this team. We closed them down and made it difficult for them. We did very well. We were absolutely superb. We've shown we a good side. Next week - against Chelsea - is a platform to show we can beat a top Premier League side."

Heard your match when I was driving home, what a brilliant defensive display and a fantastic result. Beat Chelsea and EVERYONE will take you seriously, well done Newcastle.

Yup. A win, draw, and a loss from the 'big 3' games would be more than I had hoped for. More importantly, it won't see us drop significantly down the table.