Newcastle v Everton match thread (+ as a bonus , the Tim Krul! Thread)

Anorthernsoul

In an attacking sense we have to have a go at Everton. Marveaux should be the first name on the team sheet as well. We probably won't have Demba, I don't think it makes any sense for him to play while his agents are prostituting him to other clubs, both for us and for them. I don't blame Demba as long as the club he goes to is bigger than us who can win the league in the long term, and there's only three really plus Man City with their money. If he goes somewhere like Tottenham or QPR on 80k a week, I'd be up in arms. I don't think it's right that he plays again for us personally, and despite that I think we'll win this game, with Cisse in a central role.

Everton have had an amazing season, they spend fuck all every season because they're not a big enough club to generate substantial funds is what it boils down to, but we really should be winning this game, irrespective of their over achievement,it heralds the start of an easier run of fixtures that with or without injuries, we should be taking wins from.

Our record against them at home in the last 20 odd years at home is W13 D5 L2, I'm a firm believer in records like this and will be gutted if we don't add to it. High tempo start and we'll win it I'm pretty confident. Great price 15/8 at home to Everton.

Edited by McFaul

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We probably won't have Demba, I don't think it makes any sense for him to play while his agents are prostituting him to other clubs, both for us and for them.

So then do we leave him out for the entire month of January or until he's sold/signs a new contract?

His agents have been whoring him around for a while now and it hasn't had a negative affect on his game. Though if there was any sign at all that he wasn't 100% committed on the pitch then Pardew should haul him off and fine him a week's wage.

So then do we leave him out for the entire month of January or until he's sold/signs a new contract?

His agents have been whoring him around for a while now and it hasn't had a negative affect on his game. Though if there was any sign at all that he wasn't 100% committed on the pitch then Pardew should haul him off and fine him a week's wage.

The fact that it's completely out in the open that his agents are sitting down with clubs because he wants a move a) because the terms we've offered are shite and B) some top clubs want him, makes it a whole new ball game. It's evident he will move in January it is to me, a whole host of clubs want to have a chat, meaning he'll be away. In his position knowing this, a bad injury could scupper this, if he has a stinker Pardew will get grilled as it was obvious he wouldn't give 100%, I just think given the fact the plan is for him to move in the next few weeks, it makes us look small time, and risks the deal by playing him, UNLESS he miraculously signs the contract.

I don't buy the defensive solidity from Jonas line, he's weak as piss in the tackle and bottles at least 5 challenges a match. Tracks back like and is not bad positionally but I don't see him as a defensive rock, far from it when it comes to putting his foot in.

He's class as a ball winning midfielder.

definitely, and he has a seemingly insatiable thirst for throwing in a meaty slide tackle when he gets the chance! pardew definitely deserves some credit for finding a way to bring out the best natural use of his footballing abilities

Worried about this one. Hope we attack and get at them from the off. If we sit back and give them room into the game I think we might be in trouble. I wouldn't go so far to say it is a 'must win' (though it's pretty close), however it is absolutely a must not lose, for morale more than anything.

Worried about this one. Hope we attack and get at them from the off. If we sit back and give them room into the game I think we might be in trouble. I wouldn't go so far to say it is a 'must win' (though it's pretty close), however it is absolutely a must not lose, for morale more than anything.

I agree that we must attack although the players will be nervous of overdoing it after the last two games.

I'd play Ba, if possible, but you wonder if he'll want to risk injury during the transfer window.

He's always been a mercenary so I don't think much would affect his game.

I'll go for 2-0.

Winning this could well be a major turning point in the season, if we can go into our next run of games with confidence and take some points we'll pull right out of the bottom section into comfortable midtable land. Though with the players we have a available it's not going to be easy, particularly if we give them lots of space out wide. Perch in particular with marking responsibilities as right fullback will be a big cause for concern. Last match before Tiote heads off for the African Cup apparently.

Winning this could well be a major turning point in the season, if we can go into our next run of games with confidence and take some points we'll pull right out of the bottom section into comfortable midtable land. Though with the players we have a available it's not going to be easy, particularly if we give them lots of space out wide. Perch in particular with marking responsibilities as right fullback will be a big cause for concern. Last match before Tiote heads off for the African Cup apparently.

I think Anita will get the right back job and also could be good news losing Tiote for a while in this form, particularly with Cabaye set to return.

How the hell can these two post come from the same person???

Seems to be getting really well talked up by all the local journos etc as a massive future star for us at CB.

Obviously only a kid yet, but when realistically should / can a kid centre back break through. Is it a position where really you need to be in your mid twentys or is it common to do it earlier?

I think Anita will get the right back job and also could be good news losing Tiote for a while in this form, particularly with Cabaye set to return.

Squad: United are without Ryan Taylor, Dan Gosling, Haris Vuckic, Yohan Cabaye, Steven Taylor, Hatem Ben Arfa, Jonas Gutierrez, Vurnon Anita

Which bits your problem dim nuts?

The problem where you openly admit to knowing nothing about football and then telling everyone who should play where.

It's not a new phenomenon for you but as you can possibly see from the amount of people who keep calling you up on it and giving you grief - it's obviously getting tiresome.

But it's forum of free speech, so go for it, keep embarrassing yourself.

Regards

dim nuts

The problem where you openly admit to knowing nothing about football and then telling everyone who should play where.

It's not a new phenomenon for you but as you can possibly see from the amount of people who keep calling you up on it and giving you grief - it's obviously getting tiresome.

But it's forum of free speech, so go for it, keep embarrassing yourself.

Regards

dim nuts

I openly admit to only watching Newcastle ( from inside the ground ) not knowing nothing about football.

You don't have to be Statto to know that Anita has played there this season and is a likely candidate or that Tiote has been playing like David Batty on a bad day or that Marveaux links up play well in the middle.

You are so thick at times.

This is nearly as bad as your last attempt at being clever when you called me a liar for being at the match because " you can't be at the match AND posting on the forum".

Tit.