Bruce sacked.

Guest CabayeAye

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bruce Arena being mentioned now, that's as difficult a word for a mackem to say as Reuben Agboola. 33/1 in the betting, would make sense and tick a lot of boxes with Short being yank himself.

Lad at work reckons Brian McNally is claiming he has the name of the new manager but can't divulge it. Apparently it isn't one of the names being talked about, i.e. Hughes or O'Neill. Could be complete shite like but it would tie in with the likes of Bruce Arena. Would love it to be someone like that like.

Tina Arena?

Either her or Bruce Dern.

http://www.sunderlan...ntentId=7.91045 feel free to put your views on this page.

Wouldn't want it to be O'Neil like. Although if it is you'd like to think he's due one that he just completely fucks up/fails to get to grips with.

See O'Neill though, he did well at Leicester, at Celtic his budget blew Rangers away yet still McPish won two SPL's during his reign including one treble, granted he did well, and well Villa he couldn't really take them that much further forward. I'd have no sleepless nights put it that way.

Aye true enough. Plus you have to wonder budget wise what's available now Bruce has laid it on thick in the transfer market with limited return-might mean the next man comes in and receives a different brief altogether.

You can also add the fact that whenever you see O'Neill on the telly for the last couple of years he really seems to have lost the plot. He talks utter nonsense most of the time.

Personally I think he's had his time and they're deluded for wanting him. It would be unbelievably funny if they got him after all these years of wanking over the prospect only for him to fail massively.

Man City.

Everton.

Norwich City.

Aston Villa.

Anyone think of any other clubs they've blatantly arselicked over the years in a desperate bid to be liked/noticed/taken seriously?

Feyenoord, their strongest link with any club is with Feyenoord. Republic of Ireland too.

Man City.

Everton.

Norwich City.

Aston Villa.

Anyone think of any other clubs they've blatantly arselicked over the years in a desperate bid to be liked/noticed/taken seriously?

Feyenoord, their strongest link with any club is with Feyenoord. Republic of Ireland too.

Aye can few Dutch Mackems got nicked coming here for the derby game

O'Neill they reckon.

If they give him £150m to spend in January we've got something to worry about.

They'll only spend it on about 150 players from various top clubs' benches and potential from the championshit.

http://www.readytogo...ad.php?t=649643

Mags at work...

Mags are seriously caking it at the thought of Martin O'neil taking charge. We will slaughter them in the derby if he gets the job!

:lol:

they say that about every factor that has an impact on them though

im sure it must have been said when short decided to become chairman himself

Aren't we like 15 points ahead?

I reckon O'Neill needs a lot of money to do anything anywhere - plus they've been pining for him for years so they expectations will go into over drive.

Hilarity ensues...

:lol: They come out with how they're going to hammer us every single derby whether they sign a 12 year old youth team member or they do nowt. I remember watching North East tonight the week before the 2nd derby last season and they were saying they were going to beat us 6-0 "cos the mags beat us 5-1 so we're going to really embarrass them" fucking mugs.

Didn't O'Neill leave villa less than 2 weeks before we thrashed them 6-0? if so not sure how he's supposed to thrash us with a worse squad.

Mags at work...

Mags are seriously caking it at the thought of Martin O'neil taking charge. We will slaughter them in the derby if he gets the job!

Well I've just got in from work and this Mag is happy to report no near 'touch cloth' experience at the thought of Martin O'Neill, Mark Hughes, Guus Hiddink :rolleyes:, Billy Hardy, Kate Aidie or even Wee-ahside Jack managing the dopey bastards.

Mags at work...

Anyone else getting de ja vue? Glad to see they're seeing O'Neil as a chance to get into Europe etc..on no they're not..they just want to beat us. Fucking hell.

Edited by sweetleftpeg

Do they actually have mods on RTG? Never seen such a mess of a forum in my life.

Instead of a couple of threads on O'Neill, they've got about 30 and rising. Half of them saying the same thing.

I know this board has a lot less members but it's taken over 6 years to accrue twice as many pages of threads as they've created since October this year.

Edited by Tecato

Apparently O'Neill has got the job. Good appointment, I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but he's done fairly well everywhere he's been. This could well be the toughest job he's taken on though depending on the money he is given.

Certainly not useless, but overrated by those in the press easily impressed by his charm and university degree. Frankly those fuckers could appoint a joint managerial team of Fergie,Jose Mourinho with the ghost of Cloughie as DoF and l'd still be more concerned about who Ashley is going to sell in January.

Do they actually have mods on RTG? Never seen such a mess of a forum in my life.

Instead of a couple of threads on O'Neill, they've got about 30 and rising. Half of them saying the same thing.

I know this board has a lot less members but it's taken over 6 years to accrue twice as many pages of threads as they've created since October this year.

They're fuckin nobs man, at the stop of the site there's a big sticky "po-al fwoah oo we wunt uz manajur" then below there's 3 or 4 people starting threads "we nead t dee a poahl t see oo moast of us would tak". There's not one way possible you could look down your nose more at mackems more than I do. They are the most incredible bunch of tramps you've ever seen, maybe scousers are very marginally more trampy, but scousers have a deluded belief they're someones, mackems accept deap dewn they're not.