The No. 10.

Park Life

It comes back to his body language again doesn't it when we talk of 'despondency'.

He's definately an enigma and I hope he hasn't got a lip-on because of the position he's being asked to play in.

Dyer gets shit to this day for an albeit more extreme view when SBR asked him to do similar .

If he's not happy he isn't getting on the pitch, like said previously, and by a fair few, he's not exactly looking elated to get on either ?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah no way that that is going to happen, though I kind of agree it would be the best place for him in terms of potency in attack.

However with two strikers up front and HBA in behind I'd say there would be a very good chance that the midfield would be overrun and Williamson would be horribly exposed.

Yeah no way that that is going to happen, though I kind of agree it would be the best place for him in terms of potency in attack.

However with two strikers up front and HBA in behind I'd say there would be a very good chance that the midfield would be overrun and Williamson would be horribly exposed.

Wouldn't even matter, we'd be too busy Harlem globe trotting around their box for 90 minutes.

everytime ive seen him come on i think he's far to pressured and looks like he wants to make something every time he gets the ball.

90% of the time just loosing it. greedy player but can change the game.....

NEEDS to be getting a game over Obertan though FFS

Shit, am I chief Ben Arfa hater now or something?

And why are you dodging his question?

Nope, you just pick up everyone on the shittest of points all of the time, which is what he done just there, because apparently you can't play have more than one preference for where you want to play in a team.

Unfortunately for Ben Arfa, I really don't see a part of him in the team with Pardew. The chance to get him starting games was before we signed Cisse, as there was always that one position which was always up for grabs and no one had nailed it down, yet he wasnt getting picked ahead of Shola and Best.

He is clearly struggling to recover from his injury. He has not recaptured the form he showed prior to the break: I have never seen him lose possession so frequently and as sloppily as he has done in recent weeks. He also appears to have lost a some pace.

I'm almost certain that his left leg is a prosthetic operated by James Perch from the bench.

To be fair though, we've hardly seen much of him anyway. How many minutes of pitch time has he had since we signed him? I'm undecided about him to be honest, he looks a player in the very limited time we've seen him but there seems to be this mythical aura built up around him that I've yet to see. I think the club and management need to stop with it as well as there is a danger he'll begin to believe his own hype which will cause all sorts of problems.

Didn't he leave his last two clubs because he felt he was under-appreciated? If I am not making that up (it is fully possible) you have to wonder why those who have managed him have been wary about playing him.

He is obviously a massively talented player, I do think he probably has a bit too much faith in his ability hence why he tries to do it all on his own. One lasting memory of his youtube videos (yeah I know!) before he signed was they were mainly him running with the ball, taking everyone on then it would cut to the next clip of him running with the ball, taking everyone on, no passing, crossing or anything :lol:

When he does look up for a pass though he has exceptional vision and will completely take the defence out of the game threading it through like a top playmaker.

That said his stats this season are pretty good in terms of contribution to the team. I think the problem Pardew has isn't work rate, just playing as part of a team. That and the areas HBA will lose the ball in and our vulnerability to the counter attack.

Edited by Gejon

"He has talent but he only expresses it sparingly," said Deschamps, who left Ben Arfa, one of the most talented French players, on the bench for most of the season.

http://football.uk.reuters.com/leagues/ligue1/news/2010/05/06/LDE6420UJ.php

Marseille President

"Clearly, he is not committed enough physically. He does not do enough for the team, does not sweat enough for the shirt. If that is what Didier [Deschamps - manager] thinks, I cannot contradict him.

"I regret this deeply because, as a player, he has what it takes to be a great.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=711820&cc=5739

It's not a Pardew problem, it's a Ben Arfa one.

A lot of that came out when we signed him....a gamble by Ashley that hasn't (and was masssively unlikely to) paid off.....yet.....who knows though? The signs dont look good at the moment, but Dennis Bergkamp was written off at this stage too. He needs to do as Pardew tells him though, then he'll maybe get the run that he needs.

I saw my mate who owns the Rennes supporters bar in Paris last saturday for the first time in ages. He is the biggest expert i know on french football and the one who called me to tell me about how good Cabaye was. He was criticising Ben Arfa for the exact same reasons just highlighted, i said 'we're waiting for him to understand the English game' he reckons we'll wait forever. It seems odd to report someone else's opinion but this lad watches more football than Ant and knows the game in France very well. Anyway, the point being that his doubters are not restricted to old gadgies in the Leazes end with their arms crossed thinking 'who's this frog think he is?', a very high proportion of french fans have the same doubts.

"He has talent but he only expresses it sparingly," said Deschamps, who left Ben Arfa, one of the most talented French players, on the bench for most of the season.

http://football.uk.r...6/LDE6420UJ.php

Marseille President

"Clearly, he is not committed enough physically. He does not do enough for the team, does not sweat enough for the shirt. If that is what Didier [Deschamps - manager] thinks, I cannot contradict him.

http://soccernet.esp...=711820&cc=5739

Willing to agree with this tbh.

http://football.uk.r...6/LDE6420UJ.php

Marseille President

http://soccernet.esp...=711820&cc=5739

They're just singling him out man, never gave him a chance etc.

:razz: