He never...

luckyluke

On here the other day somebody mentioned Kluivert. It took me a while to understand the reference as I'd completely forgotten he played for us.

Similarly, I lost a bet with my brother because I couldn't believe that Bellamy played for West Ham before he went to City.

It's funny how famous and memorable players can have so little impact on the memories of fans. I'm sure I'll forget that Owen played for us in 6-7 years or so.

While the Kluivert we got didnt resemble the one we al knew from Barca (ie he came here a fat twat), he still showed some sublime skill on the ball. Shame he couldnt have done more here, starting with getting fitter.

Guest CabayeAye

Patrick Kluivert could head a ball harder than any man I've ever seen play. I remember watching him headbutt a ball (2 yards wide) of the Leazes end goal and I thought it was going to smash through the hoardings (which had already been proven to be solid by Dabizas and Ketsbaia).

Marc Ziegler the German keeper went on to win trophies for Borussia Dortmund too. Forgot all about him till someone mentioned the fact we had a German keeper once. (he never played a competitive game like) The Dutch keeper as well Karelse forgot he existed.

Edited by McFaul