Newcastle United - Manchester United 3-0

Aeris

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If his new hair transplant's resistance to the evening's capricious wind suggested that investment in such an expensive weave may have been worthwhile after all, his increasingly vocal complaints and irritable body language indicated that his recall was definitely not as advertised in the brochure."

:huh:

Guess who...

Cabayaye jumps the shark :lol:

He's right about Ferguson doing a great job with what he has (in the league anyway).

Surely by now they're all his buys though....!?

Well aye but I suppose that's a slightly different issue. What Cabayaye was saying was countering the notion he'd lost the dressing room. Chelsea and Man City both have a lot more money to spend than he does these days though so he's arguably doing well on the transfer front too. Not that I feel sorry for him like ;)

"If his new hair transplant's resistance to the evening's capricious wind suggested that investment in such an expensive weave may have been worthwhile after all, his increasingly vocal complaints and irritable body language indicated that his recall was definitely not as advertised in the brochure."

Guess who...

Without even googling that I'd say that's Louise Taylor's handiwork.

Guess who...

Deadman?

Guess who...

Without even googling that I'd say that's Louise Taylor's handiwork.

Correct!

Guess who...

Deadman?

:lol:

Cabayaye jumps the shark :lol:

He's right about Ferguson doing a great job with what he has (in the league anyway).

Surely by now they're all his buys though....!?

Well aye but I suppose that's a slightly different issue. What Cabayaye was saying was countering the notion he'd lost the dressing room. Chelsea and Man City both have a lot more money to spend than he does these days though so he's arguably doing well on the transfer front too. Not that I feel sorry for him like ;)

Yeah, I can think of more deserving targets for my sympathy!

It was tongue in cheek but I wondered if Giggs might just have been there before 1986.

Edited by Asprilla

Alright fella's.

Sat in the Upper Gallowgate last night and have to say I was very impressed with the atmosphere generated. As for the game, even as someone who supported neither club on the field last night it was quite obvious how poor a game Howard Webb had, Man Utd seemed to get the majority of the decisions until it was obvious the game was beyond the Mancs, it was a stone wall penalty when Ferdinand fouled Ba, that much was obvious to me who was sat at the other end of the field.

Missed the third goal as I left on 80 minutes, but just like to say well done and acknowledge the fact you have a canny little team there, was especially impressed with the two Newcastle goalscorers and I though Tioté had a good game too, but everyone did their job to a good degree as they have to do against a team like Man Utd.

Edited by Rhys1879SAFC

Our defense were solid with Raylor playing on the wing!

In Colo and Santon we've got an excellent centre back coupled with a serious talent. Imagine if we signed someone like Samba to sure us up at the back; we'd be laughing.

Ben Arfa could have been brought on towards the end because ManUre were just playing ridiculous passes as their heads had gone down. He needs game time and would offer so much more than Obertan. Perch shouldn't have been anywhere near the game though, would rather have seen Vuckic come on for some first team experience against a top club.

But in all honesty we outplayed them and had more attempts on goal. Not many teams can say they had a go and refused to be afraid of a team's reputation. All off the back of a bumming at Anfield too!

Going by the excellent performance of our right side a lot is going to depend on Pards resisting putting Obe back in.

Lets face it, you dont shore your defence up with attacking midfielders :lol:

They've got a highly rated south american coming this window for right back. Can't remember if he's Uru or Arg..

What you on about Cryptic Peg?

Lets face it, you dont shore your defence up with attacking midfielders :lol:

They've got a highly rated south american coming this window for right back. Can't remember if he's Uru or Arg..

What you on about Cryptic Peg?

Thought you were on about Valencia (ManU have a right back coming in). ;)

Glad you enjoyed your birthday present btw, Rice.

Birthday present. :ninja:

Two free tickets as my uncle and auntie (both Mags obviously) couldn't make it.

Was more pissed off with how difficult driving home was in those weather conditions than the result to be honest.

Going by the excellent performance of our right side a lot is going to depend on Pards resisting putting Obe back in.

Spot on. I think Santon is a real talent - an opinion I've gained across all of his games for us that I've seen and I want him to stay at LB. His only flaw in that position is that he cuts inside more than Enrique would as he's right-footed. Keep Taylor at RW.

With Santon, Simpson and Jonas we do still have a fair bit of pace in the team - and Ba is no slouch either. It's not what Ben Arfa is known for but he's hardly slow himself.

Glad you enjoyed your birthday present btw, Rice.

Birthday present. :ninja:

Two free tickets as my uncle and auntie (both Mags obviously) couldn't make it.

Was more pissed off with how difficult driving home was in those weather conditions than the result to be honest.

Free Ticket Mackem tbh.

Just watched the full match. Have to say I thought Ryan Taylor did extremely well out there helping out with both attack and defence. Him there and Santon at left back made us look a proper balanced team again and allowed more options from the midfield.

Santon in particular put in an impressive display and looks like he's going to be an extremely good attacking performer.

Cabaye back to his Rob Lee best and Pardew somehow needs to fins a way to get those sort of all action displays from the team against the lesser teams.

Quite speechless about Ba as well. The bloke is simply immense.

I actually thought R Taylor was poor defensively, on two occasions he jogged out to the winger on the right clutching his arms behind his back, without really putting pressure on the oppossing player. On neither occasion did he stop the crosses going in. That said, I thought he contributed more to our play than Obertan has done and would rather see him there in the future.

I fancied our chances far more at Old Trafford than I did last night, just didn't see that coming, just gutted I was at work all night. Seen the goals and thats it. Fantastic result and by all accounts performance too. Been too long since we beat these arseholes so everyone just enjoy it! :D