NUFC vs QPR

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rest really arnt worth mentioning as there performances were sub par.

no mention any of the defenders? Santon looked class, colo was his usual coloy self

Consider me frozen, uninspired and grumpy.

Colo was his usual rock self and Santon was fine, just his attacking seemed below what he has shown so far.

Maybe he looked better on the telly? Did some pigeon spotting at times and may have missed stuff.

Did seem a bit funny how Cabaye was up on his feet one minute pushing that qpr player in the back then going off on a stretcher the next.

Butch Wilkins-tastic. Love the crab me.

Edited by Dr Gloom

Did seem a bit funny how Cabaye was up on his feet one minute pushing that qpr player in the back then going off on a stretcher the next.

I may be wrong but at the time i felt he jumped up and went for their player because he was furious (rightly) with the tackle, but once the adrenalin wore off he realised he was in pain and hit the deck. He certainly wasnt trying for a freekick or anything as the ref had already given it.

Seen that happen to a few players - Nani I think it was last season at Anfield did it and everyone criticised him. Then it turned out he had a very bad gash to his leg which more than justified his reaction. It was clear after a couple of minutes that Cabaye wasn't faking anything, but don't let that get in the way of Wilkins' intelligence.

I may be wrong but at the time i felt he jumped up and went for their player because he was furious (rightly) with the tackle, but once the adrenalin wore off he realised he was in pain and hit the deck. He certainly wasnt trying for a freekick or anything as the ref had already given it.

This is what I think happened. I don't understand how people don't get it, obviously never took a knock to the ankle.

My friends broke his leg and dislocated his ankle, tried to get up and walk, reckoned it hurt abit but when he put pressure on it the pain was unbearable.

Edited by StevenL

Think Fabregas did similar once, seem to remember him scoring a penalty, sprinting away celebrating like a madman and then having to come off with a serious hamstring injury or something he'd done taking the pen.

Was in the CL against barca I think

fouled, took the pen, then went off

Ben Arfa 8? He wasn't very good, a few moments aside.

Colo 9? He hardly had to do anything!

Can't see how any of our lot deserve a 9/10. QPR were that poor, like said above we probably could have gone up another level.

this is why you shouldn't be allowed to comment on football matches

Ben Arfa 8? He wasn't very good, a few moments aside.

Colo 9? He hardly had to do anything!

Can't see how any of our lot deserve a 9/10. QPR were that poor, like said above we probably could have gone up another level.

this is why you shouldn't be allowed to comment on football matches

Haha fuck right off man, because I dared to criticise Ben Arfa?

He was alright, not at his best. Can you really argue with that?

I'm the one who has been quite happy to see him on the bench! He came on today and changed it, only lost the ball in their 3rd and played some sublime through balls that a half decent striker would have been all over. He also chased anything he lost.

As for Colo he bossed the back 4 and spent half the game doing Tiotes job in midfield. Santon and Guthrie were great too.

<h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{"type":1}">

<span class="messageBody" data-ft="{"type":3}">I really can't abide Hughes. I see he's got footballing side QPR kicking people already? I prefer Warnock to the mucle-heeded, dirty twat any day.<wbr /></span></h6>

Love the way the entire crowd are hoping that with 15 or 20 minutes to go Pardew is going to bring someone on to help us attack and go two up.

Groans then start to go out as someone says "that's not Perch coming on ffs"!

This is where Pardew is getting u's extra points. Knowing when it's time to shut up shop and see the game out. Something good sides can do and something we are really not used to seeing at SJP.

Normally would have thrown that game away in the last 10 minutes.

Well Played Alan, what do we know :)

A tiny gripe to get off the chest.

When the SJP announcer was reading the team and subs, he did them all in the normal way and then went ape shit over the top announcing HBA.

If I was one of the other players I would be looking for the fucker after the game!

A tiny gripe to get off the chest. When the SJP announcer was reading the team and subs, he did them all in the normal way and then went ape shit over the top announcing HBA. If I was one of the other players I would be looking for the fucker after the game!

Nee offence, CT, but I've heard that gripe is actually the size of King Kong's fist, it just appears tiny on your chest, mate. ;)

Love the way the entire crowd are hoping that with 15 or 20 minutes to go Pardew is going to bring someone on to help us attack and go two up.

Groans then start to go out as someone says "that's not Perch coming on ffs"!

This is where Pardew is getting u's extra points. Knowing when it's time to shut up shop and see the game out. Something good sides can do and something we are really not used to seeing at SJP.

Normally would have thrown that game away in the last 10 minutes.

Well Played Alan, what do we know :)

A quick look shows that the only game we've dropped points in after Pardew has brought Perch on in the second half to attempt to kill the game off was against Spurs nearly 12 months ago.

He's not great by any stretch of the imagination but he does help up shut up shop.