Newcastle United - Aston Villa 2-1

Aeris

• Replies 625
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bent was fucking shite today.

By the way, how many fans did Villa bring up? They're the worst supported "big club" in the country.

I heard 1,300

edit I mean apparently there was 1,300 there, I didn't hear any of them.

also, reading the reactions on that forum in a brummay accent is hilarious

Edited by The Fish

This caught my eye on that Villa forum:

yillan user_offline.gifPost subject: icon_minipost.gifPosted: Feb 05, 2012 - 03:23 PM

Star Player

ball_5.gif

1702599834d10f394b4e91.jpg

Warnock, You are human tennis elbow. You are a pizza burn on the roof of the world's mouth. You are the opposite of Batman

"opposite of batman..." :lol:

Gary Neville was spot on btw, we deserved it for the second half where we were by far the better side.

Villa :lol:

Funny that, always thought he was a bit of a cunt, but I really like him as a pundit. Gave us some credit yesterday, even Redknapp did.

Gary Neville was spot on btw, we deserved it for the second half where we were by far the better side.

Funny that, always thought he was a bit of a cunt, but I really like him as a pundit. Gave us some credit yesterday, even Redknapp did.

Aye, I quite like him as a pundit too (and always thought he was a cunt prior to that).

Aye, I quite like him as a pundit too (and always thought he was a cunt prior to that).

Well, who didn't? :D

Had a disliking for him for years. Always came across as a right twat. Dislike him even more for being one of the better pundits now. How dare he made me think he is canny :lol:

Cunts don't change their spots.

He's a good pundit, probably the best around though. I actually quite liked Jamie Redknapp enthusing about Cisse's goal "It's right in the corner, look! You couldn't throw it up there! Couldn't even THROW it up there! Given had no chance, neither would two keepers, on stepladders, not getting there, no way". :D

Him and Souness (both cunts) are easily the best two pundits. Andy Gray has hardly been missed, I'd say Keys has been missed more than him.

If Darren Bent had more composure we'd have went in 1-3 down at HT, tremendous from Timmy though, has to have a strong shout as a contender for Premiership team of the year.

Perch was competent and fuck me what a goal that would've been, Guthrie did well, all in all not too different from the QPR game, shit game but under strength Newcastle just about deserved it. We'll be rocking when the midfield is back, all looking rosey at the minute.

pmsl @ Villa singing shit support ma lord at us. Anyone see that Celtic gimp in the Leazes? Donno where he sat but he was at the bookies at half time. Would you go to a Celtic game in a toon top? Attention seeking wanks.

Aye I like Neville. Not afraid to criticise the top 4 either, including his ex colleagues. Dunno if it was him or Redknapp that said of DeGea last week "There's something not right about him. He doesn't even fill his kit properly." :lol: Think it was Neville.

Aye I like Neville. Not afraid to criticise the top 4 either, including his ex colleagues. Dunno if it was him or Redknapp that said of DeGea last week "There's something not right about him. He doesn't even fill his kit properly." :lol: Think it was Neville.

Some of Neville's comments are gold – the one with Luiz ("controlled by a 10-year-old on the Playstation") is my favourite :lol:

@McFaul: Have to agree, what I like about Souness the pundit is that he speaks his mind, was spot on with the Tevez thing ("one bad apple")…

I was surprised by how positive and free flowing Villa were at times. The noises coming from there all season are that they're far too negative. I thought they looked quite good at times coming forward. Be funny as fuck if we took 4th seeing as the press still have it as a striaght fight bertween Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. I like it though, I'd rather we just sat below the radar quietly doing our thing while the others get the media pressure piled on them.

Villa were decent in the first half. Like you said, fairly positive and they kept the ball on the ground.

Then for some reason despite arguably having the advantage (equaliser right before h-t, better side in the first hakf) McLeish inexplicably had them playing mostly negative, long ball football in the second half.

Tactically Pardew got it right in the second half, McLeish got it wrong.

Pardew's good at sorting out the problems at half-time like. I think we'd have seen a similar tightening up even if Keane hadn't scored. Keane was sharp in the first half. He was the difference for them but after the break he didn't do much. How the fuck Ireland gets a start ahead of Bannon as well.