NUFC summer transfer activity thread

Baggio

Borini looks like a total flop as well. His work rate is higher than most italians which is why he did well there.

Here in england everyone runs as much as him and he is a total nobody.

will struggle to get 10 goals if that

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has he? :lol: I still reckon there is a chance our interest is just a tactic to put Liverpool at a disadvantage by pushing them to the wire and then pulling out of the deal at the last minute.

There is also another part of me that thinks Carroll and Ashley planned this all along :lol:

Aye, although most of that will come from having the ball lumped up to him and no-one getting onto his flick ons

Carroll arrival unlikely, says Pardew

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew does not expect Liverpool striker Andy Carroll to return to Tyneside in the current transfer window.

Carroll left Newcastle in a 35-million-pound deal in January but has been linked with a return to the club and was the subject of a rejected loan bid.

West Ham have also expressed interest in the England international but Pardew is not expecting Newcastle to push through a move for the target man.

"Not as far as I'm aware, no," he told reporters when asked if a deal could be done.

Pardew went on to reveal that Newcastle are waiting patiently for possible opportunities to present themselves over the course of the final two days of the transfer window.

The 51-year-old did concede, however, that the players that they were interested in appeared settled at their current clubs.

"We are just watching the market and seeing if anything pops its head up that's appealing to us," he explained.

"Agents keep ringing me and giving me all sorts of names - they must think we don't scout - but we are aware of the ones we are watching and if they decide to move on, then we might trigger ourselves.

"But at the moment, the targets we have are all very much secure at their clubs."

http://uk.soccerway.com/news/2012/August/30/carroll-arrival-unlikely-says-pardew/

ALAN PARDEW today admitted he was still fearful of losing one of his big hitters Yohan Cabaye or Cheick Tiote.

And with the transfer window still in operation until 11pm tomorrow night, he warned that Newcastle United are not in a position to knock back big-money offers from those clubs eyeing up their stars.

Pardew could also not offer any guarantees that United would definitely hold on to his big names.

With Arsenal still being linked with Cabaye and fans concerned over a deadline day exit akin to that of Andy Carroll in January 2011, Pardew told the Chronicle: “I’m never confident

“I lost Andy Carroll for £35m. Who would have actually said that there’d be a bid for £35m for Andy Carroll?

“No one, and we have to look at those bids if they’re in that region. We’re not in a financial situation where we could say we couldn’t use £40m.”

Pardew played down talk that United will swoop for Carroll yesterday.

Instead, he stated that Newcastle must consider all offers for players in an outgoing sense.

“Until the day comes when we’re in the Champions League and in a healthier position, that’s going to be our fate right up until 11pm on Friday night,” he admitted. “I’m not going to rule out anything other than that we’re on top of it all.

“The most important thing is we don’t lose one of our key players. I’m on guard at that. The club’s on guard, and we’ve got to be careful.”

Should United offload some of their stars then they could move for other targets. With the likes of Mathieu Debuchy of Lille linked with Real Madrid, Pardew said: “I want the fans to know that myself, Lee (Charnley) and Derek (Llambias) are monitoring all the transfers.

“We know the players we’re looking out for, and if they move, that might trigger us.

“If they don’t, we may hold off until such time we think the deal might be better.”

Edited by Lake Bells tits

I think you have to be particularly stupid to put that interpretation on it.

what kind of interpretation on it would you put then, it being the 10th time they have said it this summer.

Wouldnt it be better to just keep the cakehole shut and hope noone comes in rather than promoting it on the front page?

"Oh no I hope noone comes in for our BIG BIG players".

I think you have to be particularly stupid to put that interpretation on it.

Strange that he is inviting big offers by regularly touting our top players then. If you were worried about it you wouldn't advertise them via the press.

Perhaps he has been told to sell to buy?

He does come across sometimes as trying to invite bids, if you cant see that you are blind.

Edited by Lake Bells tits

Strange that he is inviting big offers by regularly touting our top players then. If you were worried about it you wouldn't advertise them via the press.

Perhaps he has been told to sell to buy?

Sometimes its that and sometimes its just answers to questions that get asked at the pre match presser that then get turned into statements to sell papers.

Pardew = George Gently

You used George Gently last night in analogy too, and no one knew who he was then neither.

I think Brevik is a WUM, his racism goes unchecked too I've noticed.

I'm still convinced Carroll will come, but I am massively MASSIVELY concerned about our defensive options. What if Taylor did his knee in the next week, followed by Colo breaking his ankle, we'd be going in to January with Perch and Williamson at centre half, I'm sorry like it's just not acceptable. Anyone half decent would do, even Bassong would've done.

You used George Gently last night in analogy too, and no one knew who he was then neither.

I think Brevik is a WUM, his racism goes unchecked too I've noticed.

I'm still convinced Carroll will come, but I am massively MASSIVELY concerned about our defensive options. What if Taylor did his knee in the next week, followed by Colo breaking his ankle, we'd be going in to January with Perch and Williamson at centre half, I'm sorry like it's just not acceptable. Anyone half decent would do, even Bassong would've done.

So who is going to be our number 11 or was that paddock lads prediction?

what kind of interpretation on it would you put then, it being the 10th time they have said it this summer.

Wouldnt it be better to just keep the cakehole shut and hope noone comes in rather than promoting it on the front page?

"Oh no I hope noone comes in for our BIG BIG players".

You're the one stupid enough to put that interpretation on it in the first place, i dont expect you to work it out.

If i wanted to explain it to you, i would have done with my previous post.

Twitter now reporting Carroll is staying :lol: 3 hours after Rodgers said he was going

Smacks of MA telling Carroll to refuse all other offers as we will buy him on the last day of the window with the Tiote money. Except nee one wants Tiote!

MA is leaving a trail of discontented clubs with his hardballing. Clubs like lille, Sochaux and Liverpool will tell us to fuck off in the future if we want any of their players

I have convinced myself now like that our planned purchases were on the back of selling someone like Tiote for £20M. When offers were not forthcoming we backed away from some of the players we wanted. Bringing in Anita was done on the back of getting rid of the deadwood.

imo ofc.