mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Oviedo looked decent before his injury, Gibson is a total clogger. 

I can guarantee in a derby vs them, if Pardew was our manager that Gibson would hit one of those 35 yard spectaculars that 99% of nearly clear the stand. 

Top corner, we was unlucky. 

They went through years of having complete shite players score class goals :lol:

I think when O'Neill was manager it was every other week, they'd play shite and some clogger would blast a goal out of nowhere.

Oviedo has looked ok when I've seen him play but he's a downgrade on PVA and his fitness record has been poor (I might be being a bit unfair there as I think he had a bad injury).  Gibson is an average player with an absolutely horrendous fitness record.  I'd be hard pushed to see how he really improves their team but I suppose he's another body in for the squad.  Dunno how much they've cost but it doesn't seem to me that they've improved their position by selling PVA and bringing these two.

There's a thread about which 3 clubs they think will go down, only 5 from the 32 who answered the OP's question think they'll go down. 

They're bottom of the league with 19pts, 2 wins in their last twelve games.