mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

What’s their main striker’s xG, though,eh? 

( Also, who is their main striker?) 

Jermain Defoe isn't it?

Oh....

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Howay said:

:lol: What a weird fucking thing to go after, I also forgot they had such a glowing track record of youth prospects themselves. 

To be fair, our youth development has been pretty shit since the mid 90s and I hold Keegan mainly responsible for that. Since then, what has come through - Carroll, Dummett, the Longstaffs? 

Sunderland in the same period produced Henderson and Pickford who, despite what we might think on a personal level, both have become England regulars. 

I can see why they went after this tbh.

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It's most likely because there was fuck all investment in the academy under Ashley. A prime example of him being a penny wise pound foolish idiot.

Oh most definitely. That fat fuck stuck a massive 2 fingers up to any level of development - either in the academy or the training facilities.

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

To be fair, our youth development has been pretty shit since the mid 90s and I hold Keegan mainly responsible for that. Since then, what has come through - Carroll, Dummett, the Longstaffs? 

Sunderland in the same period produced Henderson and Pickford who, despite what we might think on a personal level, both have become England regulars. 

I can see why they went after this tbh.

I’m not saying ours has been good, just it’s a weird thing to suddenly start banging on about. It also, as the Fish points out, fucks up their “Ashley is brilliant” mantra as one of the areas Newcastle fans brought up was lack of funding in the youth side. 

I mean, they have Henderson and Pickford but in the same time frame we’ve had Carroll, Dummett, Forster, Woodman (borderline atm), Armstrong, Longstaff, and going a little further back Shola, Taylor, Ramage, Aaron Hughes, Chopra. While I agree Henderson is the best of the bunch I think we’ve produced more who have been fairly regular PL players compared to them. Is our academy producing far less than it should be? Absolutely but I don’t think theirs is some conveyor belt of talent that warrants them taking the high ground on this topic. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It's most likely because there was fuck all investment in the academy under Ashley. A prime example of him being a penny wise pound foolish idiot.

Yeah. I’ve mentioned before it’s one of several examples where his talk about self-sustainability was shown up to be absolute bollocks. He only ever thought in terms of getting through the season unscathed 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Craig said:

I don't disagree with you, I just think it is an easy target for them.

An easy comeback is they jumped ship as soon as a better offer came along. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

To be fair, You can't blame Sunderland's two best strikers that they've had since I've been watching football, Gabbiadini and Phillips, for jumping ship when the big guns of Crystal Palace and Southampton came calling. :good:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The flukey twats have won another game in injury time. They will still drop to 7th if Sheff Wed win tomorrow. Hanging onto the playoffs by their fingernails :lol: 

The worrying thing is they have started winning again but hopefully will still fuck it up for a 5th season in the shit league

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The flukey twats have won another game in injury time. They will still drop to 7th if Sheff Wed win tomorrow. Hanging onto the playoffs by their fingernails :lol: 

It's only the mags who are lucky, marra. FTM.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Rosco said:

The worrying thing is they have started winning again but hopefully will still fuck it up for a 5th season in the shit league

If, by some miracle, they got promoted to Div 2 this year, it’d just mean we get to laugh even harder as they spend a season getting completely humped by the entire division, then getting relegated just after Christmas. 

They’re fucked, whatever happens :lol:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If, by some miracle, they got promoted to Div 2 this year, it’d just mean we get to laugh even harder as they spend a season getting completely humped by the entire division, then getting relegated just after Christmas. 

They’re fucked, whatever happens :lol:

Their natural home is being mediocre/average in the 2nd Division. PL and 3rd division seasons are outliers but I'll accept it if they want to change and become a perennial 3rd/2nd leyague yo-yo club. 

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 3

Has to be said like, I never would have believed that the season after we went down to much amusement at their end, the universe would bitch slap them so hard they would fall right through the championship and into 4(+?) seasons in League One :lol:

• Haha 6

So is it sportswashing, or an investment to make money? 

I also enjoy that “the mags are adamant PIF are” and investment fund, I mean those two words are in the name of the thing. Thick as pig shit. 

No clue whatsoever what that jlaws point is. They’re a £700B (that’s only liquid funds iirc) fund who have effectively spent £1.3B on a football club, a notoriously hard thing to turn a profit on. How would we ever be sold at a profit unless we are one of the elite sides? And to get there they’d have to spend a fortune which makes profit even less likely. They can keep making up scenarios but the real reason they bought the club is staring them in the face. If they wanted profit they could have put £1.3B into Google shares ahead of the split. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 4

:lol:

I’m also pretty sure Staveley has already stated that her aim is to step back from the day-to-day running once the right people are in place, so it’ll be no surprise to anyone except the Morlocks, tearing the neck off it at the speed of light, when it happens. 

I hope this becomes their next “truth”, as it’ll make the despair of another season in Division 3 even greater when, like every other “truth” they tell themselves, it doesn’t happen. :lol:

( There’s multiple accounts of medieval towns being overcome by “dancing fever”, a form of mass hysteria- I wonder if RTG and it’s noncesense is like a modern day version of it… they all get carried away with it, it spreads like crabs at a mackem family reunion, and they’re a medieval town?) 

• Haha 4

On 14/04/2022 at 00:55, Alex said:

Truth is it doesn't even need a comeback. They need every scintilla of relief from their continual suffering, if that's feeling smug about our former owner's mismanagement then so be it.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

I’m also pretty sure Staveley has already stated that her aim is to step back from the day-to-day running once the right people are in place, so it’ll be no surprise to anyone except the Morlocks, tearing the neck off it at the speed of light, when it happens. 

I hope this becomes their next “truth”, as it’ll make the despair of another season in Division 3 even greater when, like every other “truth” they tell themselves, it doesn’t happen. :lol:

( There’s multiple accounts of medieval towns being overcome by “dancing fever”, a form of mass hysteria- I wonder if RTG and it’s noncesense is like a modern day version of it… they all get carried away with it, it spreads like crabs at a mackem family reunion, and they’re a medieval town?) 

1518 AD: When Dance Fever Was A Real Disease | Don't Touch The Holy Fish

FTM marra

• Haha 2