mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

14 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Not many peypul know that Sunderland and their inhabitants from yesteryear actually invented inventing stuff. Up until the first time they said 'let's start just inventing stuff' everything new in the world was just a big massive flewk that somehow just happened, it took a mackem to actually plan on makking owt, marra. 

Fade to title......

ca6a447c90f77dab0a55a83cc3227585.jpg.b6689248a9023219580416f81eb93952.jpg

🎵

I'm a story teller

And my stories must be told.

We invented inventing

And then we invented massive flags

We invented those cloth like symbols

And we did it before the mags.

🎶

Verse 2

🎵

I'm a bullshit spreader

My bullshit is in bold

Not only did we invent all flags

We also so I'm told

Were first to say ha'way the lads

My bullshit I trust on you are sold 

🎶

• Haha 7

ca6a447c90f77dab0a55a83cc3227585.jpg.33cf977ee5ab1b1af5e60c8481b7d631.jpg

🎶

I was watching European club football

From my home upon the Wear

And watching all those clubs playing

Brought forth a mighty tear

For watching half the teams playing

It brought paternal pride

Formed by travelling mackem workmen

Who journeyed from Wearside

Many flags we did make them

Many strips we did donate

Some of this is bullshit

Not a little bit.....

.....but we'll just......

..... Keep riding......

......with it.

🎵

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

Isn't it nice to have real things to be proud of? 

Glass. They invented that. Surprised they don’t make more of, it’s a clear winner.  

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol:

4 more years and Dan Neil will still be at Sunderland, questioning his life choices after reading that they opted out of a promotion they were never in the running for.

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Reading that, you’d think maybe they’d signed some Brazilian wonder kid called Daniel. 

But no. 

dan-neil-extends-contract.jpg

It’s Dan Neil. 

Looks like someone drew a face on a balloon

• Haha 9

38 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

Glass. They invented that. Surprised they don’t make more of, it’s a clear winner.  

That is so bad I actually feel pane.

• Haha 2

He’s a fucking knacker like. He’s not the only one on there who assumes that the promising young players they have will improve exponentially between now and the age of 25 either. Because that always happens. Like them talking about Jack Clarke being the next Waddle. And the way they went on about Ross Stewart. Instead of recognising them as being just another good player at that level. They’ve obviously recruited well within their financial restraints but the ‘model’ they're following is unlikely to be sustainable in the long run. It’s not like it’s anything new, most clubs without a benevolent owner and / or parachute payments are trying to do something similar. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alex said:

the ‘model’ they're following

I’m still yet to hear a single one these scruffs lay out what this mythical “model” they’re jizzing their pants over actually is? 

Is it the one Donald Stewart/Stewart Donald used, ( spend fuck all), the or has The Pocket Money Billionaire come up with one that we’ve all missed? 

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’m still yet to hear a single one these scruffs lay out what this mythical “model” they’re jizzing their pants over actually is? 

Is it the one Donald Stewart/Stewart Donald used, ( spend fuck all), the or has The Pocket Money Billionaire come up with one that we’ve all missed? 

It's the model where the fans fix their own seats and they have to take out a loan to fix the lift. :good:

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's Pop Robson I feel sorry for here, he's unwittingly the face of this fucking idiot, (I'd say half wit but does he even have half?)

you'd think really that keith not only as a moderator but also someone who has as his avatar a mackem who devoted the best years of his career playing for newcastle would be more prone to reasoned debate. but no.

a slobbering, stupid cunt right up there with exile.

• Haha 6

On 08/10/2023 at 15:01, SouthAussieMag said:

I think a lot of people get caught up in viewing things through their own cultural lense and biases. You have to remember, to middle eastern countries such as Saudi, they view the practices we see as despicable as just and par for the course. The concept of sports washing would imply that they feel guilty or ashamed of their practices and were trying to cover it up through smoke and mirrors involving sport. In reality they seem to view the west's approach to criminals and dissidents as  strange and unusual. I'm not defending the policies of the House of Saud here at all, far from it, but I find when dealing with international cultural understanding and politics it's easy to assess the situation through the lense of your own culture and sensibilities.

The Muslim religion has existed since the 7th century and the Arabic and Berber culture even longer, and is very explicit about how to govern the population and how morals and ethics should be adhered to. Unlike Christianity which has been seen as malleable and open to interpretation with major reforms coming through the protestant reformation and later the Vatican 2 reforms, Islam is seen as absolute and unchanging by its scholars.

Again I am not defending this and also at the same time I'm also not going to judge. It is what it is and many studies and surveys have shown that an overwhelming majority of Muslims like it as it is (Pew have done multiple exhaustive worldwide surveys with gigantic sample sizes https://www.pewresearch.org/religion/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/). As an English man (yes I see myself as such, we still live in the empire here, and I was raised by an English mother), I'm cautious about forcing beliefs on to other cultures as it's just perpetuating a colonial mindset and it really hasn't worked out well on our last three forays with the US into Muslim countries over the past 3 decades. If anything it's made them more fundamental and murderey. 

What I'm getting at here is that the sportswashing label is ridiculous on the face of it. These middle eastern theocracies, caliphates and absolute monarchies don't care about what the west thinks of their behaviours. They do care about prestige and the accumulation of wealth, deeds and status, especially when competing with rival states.

As you said people are going to judge us based on how our owners govern and project their power. If you dig slightly under the surface of any of the other owners of other teams you're going to find a sleazy underbelly. US billionaires, Chinese concerns, South East Asian oligarchs, Russians etc etc. Until the Prem adopts a model like the Bundesliga that puts the power into the hands of the fans (lol good luck), it's going to continue to be dominated by unscrupulous types who are inflating their own egos with spare change from their unbelievable fortunes.

When it comes down to it people don't like change. They like the established order of top 6 teams and sometimes an outsider like Leicester busting through. When someone like us comes through to upset the apple cart and oust some of the top 6, they will use what they can to delegitimise us. This happens to be easy with a very obviously nefarious power as the owner. However, glass houses and all that.

Sorry I've been on the vodka again tonight and I've written another essay.

Sportswashed 

6 hours ago, Alex said:

He’s a fucking knacker like. He’s not the only one on there who assumes that the promising young players they have will improve exponentially between now and the age of 25 either. Because that always happens. Like them talking about Jack Clarke being the next Waddle. And the way they went on about Ross Stewart. Instead of recognising them as being just another good player at that level. They’ve obviously recruited well within their financial restraints but the ‘model’ they're following is unlikely to be sustainable in the long run. It’s not like it’s anything new, most clubs without a benevolent owner and / or parachute payments are trying to do something similar. 

:lol: Aye, we’ve all said it before but fucking what a brass neck they have to call NUFC fans deluded. I suppose that sniffer forgets Longstaff had serious interest from Manchester United at a similar age to Dan Neil, Jack Clark, and whatever other super duper wonder kids they have. In contrast there’s been no interest in Neil, and so far Clark has interested Burnley. Keep in mind they’re both similar age to Gordon who is ripping it up in the Premier league. 

Longstaff has basically fought his way back into the side after it looked like Tonali might slot in there. He might not be a glamorous player but he fills an integral role in what is now a top side - if this idiot for one second actually believes Dan Neil will definitely match that he’s fucking dreaming. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1