mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Tbf there's no real way of knowing what the gulf in quality between the two leagues is as well, since the three teams that beat them to promotion last season are doing so well in the prem now, every reason to think this Neil bloke can be the next Declan Rice. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Tbf there's no real way of knowing what the gulf in quality between the two leagues is as well, since the three teams that beat them to promotion last season are doing so well in the prem now, every reason to think this Neil bloke can be the next Declan Rice. 

Possible, given some people think that Rice isn't much good. :smile:

• Haha 1

Reading the Mackems trying to point score about the Israeli Hamas conflict is quite the thing. A combination of their pig ignorance, lack of any empathy and astounding hypocrisy really makes me think they are complete cunts. I guess just like the Palestinians and Hamas, it's crucial not to judge them collectively. That thread always attracts their dregs. The itony being, these are often right wing nut jobs who crave to live under an authoritarian regime. Classy fans. 

8 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

The simple fact is that if they are any good then they won't be playing for Sunderland much longer. If they couldn't keep hold of the massive MLFs that are the two Jordans then they've no chance with these young lads.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, ewerk said:

The simple fact is that if they are any good then they won't be playing for Sunderland much longer. If they couldn't keep hold of the massive MLFs that are the two Jordans then they've no chance with these young lads.

Wooo wooo wooo wooo, hold up there mister. I believe history has been rewritten recently and that shoudl read:

If they couldn't keep hold of the massive MLF that the Jordan, (that other dirty Saudi loving scouse cunt is dead to us), then they've no chance with these young lads.

• Haha 5

15 minutes ago, ewerk said:

That's the risk of the 'model'. Anyone who wants to copy Brighton and Brentford's approach has to understand that the key to it being successful is that you need to recruit for two steps down the path, all the time. And every transfer is a gamble, even if you have great analysts, great scouts and so on., it's still a gamble.

Say you're Ipswich, you need to buy undervalued players who will deliver Premier League survival, because if you sign players who can get you promoted, you'll likely need to replace them when you succeed. That's incredibly difficult. Ipswich likely don't have the resources to hire the best analysts, or provide for them the best resources. They likely can't afford the best scouts, or afford to send them all over the world to unearth the next big thing.  Brighton have made it look easy, but it's really not. 

Just a thought, but was this easier for Brighton because they've been operating in this way since Bloom took over? They've consistently been 2-3 steps ahead of every other team they're ostensibly competing with since League 1.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

That's the risk of the 'model'. Anyone who wants to copy Brighton and Brentford's approach has to understand that the key to it being successful is that you need to recruit for two steps down the path, all the time. And every transfer is a gamble, even if you have great analysts, great scouts and so on., it's still a gamble.

Say you're Ipswich, you need to buy undervalued players who will deliver Premier League survival, because if you sign players who can get you promoted, you'll likely need to replace them when you succeed. That's incredibly difficult. Ipswich likely don't have the resources to hire the best analysts, or provide for them the best resources. They likely can't afford the best scouts, or afford to send them all over the world to unearth the next big thing.  Brighton have made it look easy, but it's really not. 

Just a thought, but was this easier for Brighton because they've been operating in this way since Bloom took over? They've consistently been 2-3 steps ahead of every other team they're ostensibly competing with since League 1.

Brighton is also an attractive cosmopolitan city on the South Coast, playing in a modern arena, an hour or so from London. I can imagine up and coming players being attacted there. Sunderland is a shithole Brexit voting town who play in a toxic litter-strewn shed in front of the hills have eyes. An uphill task recruiting the higher you go. I can barely think of a single player they've had who's praised the place after they've left. 

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 9

They do seem to have a lot of ex-players who are happy to let it be known they have nothing but disdain for the club. I can’t think of other clubs where that’s the case. McClean absolutely hates them. Bent seemed delighted to relegate them 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alex said:

They do seem to have a lot of ex-players who are happy to let it be known they have nothing but disdain for the club. I can’t think of other clubs where that’s the case. McClean absolutely hates them. Bent seemed delighted to relegate them 

There was that lad Maja when they were in league 1 who couldn't wait to get off to France, didn't they have another striker Grabben or somethings that absolutely detested them, even when he played there, Loch Ness Drogba was off as soon as he could, then the was Darron Gibson who could only cope being there by becoming a raging alcoholic. Compare and contrast that with us, how many players have had a bad word about the city (Ashley maybe, a different matter). And the funniest thing is this just makes them hate all these players and the clubs they now represent, such as now they hate half the EPL and have invented friendships based on clubs they have never played against, like Feyenoord and Bilbao. 

• Like 3

That Bilbao Black Cats thing and the attempt to prove a story they basically invented about the origins of the club and the kit etc. With the big reveal, which didn’t actually prove anything (except that they had no evidence and were seeking to make events fit their narrative). It’s absolutely bizarre behaviour 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Alex said:

https://www.joe.ie/sport/james-mcclean-reveals-sickening-incidents-forced-leave-sunderland-586858

Classy.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

It's the arrogance of it, too. "I think you'll find we know the history of your club better than you do, thank you very much" :lol:

think you’ll find that it’s not Bilbao’s club, it’s sunderlands’s, based on this Historical Document.*

* doubts have been raised about the veracity of this source based on;

1. The language used is an arcane, little known variant of Middle English, which pre-dates the existence of football by several centuries. 
2. The claim that the author’s father passed on his knowledge- it is well established that fathers in this village have little to no contact with their offspring beyond conception. 
3. The dumb cunts cant write. 

• Haha 2

As an armchair psychologist I always thought that their fairytales were as a result of a need to feel relevant due to their constant overshadowing by their more successful neighbours but if you look at the likes of Everton and Man City (when they were shit) I don't think they behave in the same way. Perhaps it was because they had pride in their local area whereas if you're from Sunderland you don't really have a lot to point to. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ewerk said:

As an armchair psychologist I always thought that their fairytales were as a result of a need to feel relevant due to their constant overshadowing by their more successful neighbours but if you look at the likes of Everton and Man City (when they were shit) I don't think they behave in the same way. Perhaps it was because they had pride in their local area whereas if you're from Sunderland you don't really have a lot to point to. 

I think this is a dimension to it, a true inter-city derby with geographical segregation adds to it, especially when one area is so inferior. 

1 hour ago, Dougle said:

I'm not sure me and James Mclean are aligned on what makes a story 'funny'. 

Me: On the way to work a bird shat on my hungover face and I immediately threw up on myself.

Him:  a kid's dad threw back his shirt in his face and some people spat at him and his pregnant wife 

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Me: On the way to work a bird shat on my hungover face and I immediately threw up on myself.

Him:  a kid's dad threw back his shirt in his face and some people spat at him and his pregnant wife 

To be fair, he grew up in Ireland and had a seemingly very militant upbringing so a bit of hockle is probably funnier than hearing about his da's mates getting into shootouts with the British Army :lol:

21 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Well there is funny strange as well as funny haha, I’d err on the strange stde here, it being about mackems.