mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

I went on rtg last night in me slightly intoxicated state at about 01.30 as 'theolivegrove' lasted about half an hour before getting a life ban. managed to generate several pages in quick succession, can't revisit me handy work though, the touchy twats!   :lol:

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I went on rtg last night in me slightly intoxicated state at about 01.30 as 'theolivegrove' lasted about half an hour before getting a life ban. managed to generate several pages in quick succession, can't revisit me handy work though, the touchy twats!   :lol:

They're not keen on you marra. Was your username after the famour Esplanade underage drinking den? 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

They're not keen on you marra. Was your username after the famour Esplanade underage drinking den? 

no, I don't think they were!  :lol:

I only took them to task over their outrage at us showing support for tonali yesterday.

you'd think they'd appreciate our efforts really after the unequivocal backing both their club and fanbase gave to a bloke who was fingering a young lass behind a chinese takeaway.... but apparently not.

not sure about esplanade, was a bit of a hoolies bar down by marlborough crescent bus station in the mid 80s.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I only took them to task over their outrage at us showing support for tonali yesterday.

you'd think they'd appreciate our efforts really after the unequivocal backing both their club and fanbase gave to a bloke who was fingering a young lass behind a chinese takeaway.... but apparently not.

not sure about esplanade, was a bit of a hoolies bar down by marlborough crescent bus station in the mid 80s.  :)

Right, was also a famous bar in Whitley Bay 1980s where the average age was 15 years old, don't recall any hooligans there! I remember getting a (probably Grants) triple vodka there, the barman asked if I wanted a mixer, I didn't know what a mixer was, so I said no and got it neat. Second place I was ever served in, the first being the White Lion in Patterdale when I asked for a pint of "beer". 

Anyway, it's an absolute shit show that place at the moment. All these Tommy Robinson types screaming on and on about racism and noncery. The fucking irony. 

• Like 2

One of the best moments on RTG was a quarterly NUFC related thread which was providing a running commentary on our in limbo Saudi takeover. 

The celebrations and jeers when the Saudis "officially" pulled out of the deal due to a pack of cooperation with the PL came with an onslaught of piss taking from our 6 fingered friends. Funny how they try and tell us they're not even arsed. God it's class being a toon fan right now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ian259 said:

And Exile with his “Saudis walked away” patter.

He went missing for 3 days straight when the takeover went through.  I genuinely think he was under his bed with his hands over his ears.

You’re mistaken, mate. His only concerns are human rights abuses 👍🏻

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, ian259 said:

And Exile with his “Saudis walked away” patter.

He went missing for 3 days straight when the takeover went through.  I genuinely think he was under his bed with his hands over his ears.

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

Welcome To The Team GIF by MOODMAN

47 minutes ago, ewerk said:

image.gif.d333d1c1308032b9ba99eb0478119ed9.gif

harvey-cunt.gif

• Haha 6

On 22/10/2023 at 15:14, thebrokendoll said:

Remember that place well. Next to the dog and parrot. Casual type fuck nuts last oasis before the prison bus home. 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, SpartaFC said:

Remember that place well. Next to the dog and parrot. Casual type fuck nuts last oasis before the prison bus home. 

:lol:

aye!

I remember it was probably the only place in town that would serve you a green monster.... a snakebite with a shot of blue bols. classy drink for the discerning quaffer.

also, they had a shil load of teles everywhere at the advent of video jukeboxes, no bad thing when zz top's legs came on.  :)

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

aye!

I remember it was probably the only place in town that would serve you a green monster.... a snakebite with a shot of blue bols. classy drink for the discerning quaffer.

also, they had a shil load of teles everywhere at the advent of video jukeboxes, no bad thing when zz top's legs came on.  :)

Girls on film on a loop. 

Im Horny Zach Galifianakis GIF

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

aye!

God yes, I remember that slime!

Our paths probably passed, I was a regular in the Doll.

Slalom D........

• Like 2

Their monthly thread where they declare Newcastle is a shit hole, then back track and admit the city centre is canny good, and further backtrack and admit there are some nice residential areas like Jesmond and Gosforth. The rest is a shithole though and our worst areas much worse than theirs. 

Observations. I have never heard anyone claim Newcastle is "the Land of MilK and Honey" as the OP claims, not once in >50 years of existence. Also I could not comment on how our most deprived areas compare as I hardly ever visit ours and would obvuously never have a reason to go to theirs. I'm surprised that mackems traipse around Cowgate taking notes on how rough it is. Seems like another intangible unprovable fact they've made up like them being classy. Looking at Rightmove as a proxy, average property prices are about 22% higher in Newcastle and 38% higher in North Tyneside, I don't know what the distributional spread is though. Also both Newcastle and North Tyneside are growing in popualtion whereas Sunderland is in decline. I also do know Sunderland "city" centre is, lets say, not a destination place. 

image.png.0881c6c185142f59adcf3fa39e9dc856.png

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

Their monthly thread where they declare Newcastle is a shit hole, then back track and admit the city centre is canny good, and further backtrack and admit there are some nice residential areas like Jesmond and Gosforth. The rest is a shithole though and our worst areas much worse than theirs. 

Observations. I have never heard anyone claim Newcastle is "the Land of MilK and Honey" as the OP claims, not once in >50 years of existence. Also I could not comment on how our most deprived areas compare as I hardly ever visit ours and would obvuously never have a reason to go to theirs. I'm surprised that mackems traipse around Cowgate taking notes on how rough it is. Seems like another intangible unprovable fact they've made up like them being classy. Looking at Rightmove as a proxy, average property prices are about 22% higher in Newcastle and 38% higher in North Tyneside, I don't know what the distributional spread is though. Also both Newcastle and North Tyneside are growing in popualtion whereas Sunderland is in decline. I also do know Sunderland "city" centre is, lets say, not a destination place. 

image.png.0881c6c185142f59adcf3fa39e9dc856.png

Per crimerate.co.uk

"Sunderland is the most dangerous major town in Tyne & Wear, and is among the top 5 most dangerous overall out of Tyne & Wear's 28 towns, villages, and cities. The overall crime rate in Sunderland in 2022 was 114 crimes per 1,000 people. This compares poorly to Tyne & Wear's overall crime rate, coming in 18% higher than the Tyne & Wear rate of 97 per 1,000 residents. For England, Wales, and Northern Ireland as a whole, Sunderland is the 28th most dangerous major town, and the 527th most dangerous location out of all towns, cities, and villages."

Aye it's a proper cultural oasis is mackemland :lol: