mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

18 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

As it's nearly Christmas, let's embrace the spirit of this old broon ale advert. :lol:

IMG_20231212_170713.thumb.jpg.fbaa5a10ee43db1c0967a0c5c7373231.jpg

is that genuine? serious question!

I've got the golf one and the camping one in me garage workshop, never seen that one before on ebay or anywhere else.....

am I being whooshed here?  :lol:

Edited by thebrokendoll

2 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

is that genuine? serious question!

I've got the golf one and the camping one in me garage workshop, never seen that one before on ebay or anywhere else.....

am I being whooshing here?  :lol:

It's definitely real, it was in the reception entrance of the new bottling hall when I worked there! :good:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's definitely real, it was in the reception entrance of the new bottling hall when I worked there! :good:

never seen that before mate, just had a look on ebay.... nowt. would love one of those!

got these two....

503756301_Screenshot_20231212_172408_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.050daceb0c1d22c33e06601f5e82e500.jpg

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

The simply splendid for the outdoor life was there as well. Can't remember seeing the other one in there? 

I can only find one picture of the one you've posted above on google images and that was a photo of one on flickr taken in a pub in fucking copenhagen!

honestly never seen that before, would love to get me hands on one, ebay appears a non starter though, they must be like rocking horse shite! 

:)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I can only find one picture of the one you've posted above on google images and that was a photo of one on flickr taken in a pub in fucking copenhagen!

honestly never seen that before, would love to get me hands on one, ebay appears a non starter though, they must be like rocking horse shite! 

:)

You can be as silver-tongued as you like, he’s not going to give it to you :lol:

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

You can be as silver-tongued as you like, he’s not going to give it to you :lol:

there used to be a pub in cheltenham called '1992' right den of iniquity and probably a huge embarrassment to the town's council as it was in a prime spot on the promenade next to the fountains etc, loved it in there me, was the cotswolds equivalent of the black garter!

anyway.... bizarrely it was owned by newcastle breweries and just before it closed down to become an Italian restaurant I erm acquired the tin golfing and camping ones from the wall. inconsiderate twat's could've had that one for me to steal too!

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

Did you shove them down the back of your designated driver’s wheelchair? 

no mate, just walked in with a screwdriver and announced to the landlord I'm having these. just shrugged and said, aye ok.

me mate borrowed the screwdriver and had the johnny machine off the bog wall and walked out with it on his shoulder 

can still picture it now!  :lol:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

As it's nearly Christmas, let's embrace the spirit of this old broon ale advert. :lol:

IMG_20231212_170713.thumb.jpg.fbaa5a10ee43db1c0967a0c5c7373231.jpg

When I was a bairn I heard tales of old cunts going to both depending on who was at home.

I think humans can't function without challenges and post WW2 they were provided without effort so tribalism prevailed and we pretended to like them.

However, that accent would have been accepted through gritted teeth and I can't have their annoyance going unrevenged whilst we enjoy the pleasures of sleeping with their women in Easington twice a month, sometimes three or one. I'm well up for it already. Lucky bewer.

My dad and uncles used to go to both - I honestly don't think there was the same level of antipathy before the late 60s. 

Don't get me wrong, they very much preferred NUFC and supported us in derbies but they just loved watching football. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, BobHopeandNoHope said:

Scumbags if this is true IMG_3576.thumb.jpeg.6ae715cda1088d44da9773ca503fde98.jpeg

They probably scale their prices depending on the size of the club they play. I wouldn't be surprised if it was more expensive for the home tickets too. It's their cup final, you know marra!

15 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

They probably scale their prices depending on the size of the club they play. I wouldn't be surprised if it was more expensive for the home tickets too. It's their cup final, you know marra!

I suppose, aye. 
It’s one of the great things about the FA cup, mind, that being drawn against one of the big boys can help out these little struggling teams with things like ground rent, lift repairs and whatever. 

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I suppose, aye. 
It’s one of the great things about the FA cup, mind, that being drawn against one of the big boys can help out these little struggling teams with things like ground rent, lift repairs and whatever. 

Or fixing the roof that pisses itself onto the fans when it rains.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

Did you shove them down the back of your designated driver’s wheelchair? 

Reminds me of a "jolly jape" - In The Farmers for last orders as per and I noticed a picture on the wall and happened to say to the lads "wor lass would love that picture" and as we were leaving one of the lads ripped it off the wall (rawlplugs and all) and stuck it up the back of his jacket - his shoulders looked like that lass out of Dallas.

I gets home, Mrs in bed so I prop picture up on the mantlepiece as a surprise. She gets up next morning and all I hear is "WHATS THAT" - safe to say she didn't like it !!

• Haha 9