mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

22 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Reminds me of a "jolly jape" - In The Farmers for last orders as per and I noticed a picture on the wall and happened to say to the lads "wor lass would love that picture" and as we were leaving one of the lads ripped it off the wall (rawlplugs and all) and stuck it up the back of his jacket - his shoulders looked like that lass out of Dallas.

I gets home, Mrs in bed so I prop picture up on the mantlepiece as a surprise. She gets up next morning and all I hear is "WHATS THAT" - safe to say she didn't like it !!

canny story.

if they make a thomas crown affair II though i think im probably favourite for the pierce brosnan part.

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Renton said:

Eeeeh, the stories you radge older hoolies are coming up with. Disgraceful. 

:lol:
Watched the classic ‘96 Manure 5-0 in the Archer. 
When Albert chipped Schmeicel one of my mates jumped up, fist in the air, which went straight through the ceiling. 

The gaffer never got it fixed and it was named Albert’s Hole in his honour.  

• Haha 8

20 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

canny story.

if they make a thomas crown affair II though i think im probably favourite for the pierce brosnan part.

I was thinking more the Duke, where MF's dad stole the Duke of Wellington portrait. Canny film actually. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It’s bad news for Basic Mick if it’s his turn to wear the family trainers, aye. :lol:

‘C’mon Uncal Mick, it’s my turn to wear the Lonsdales’

’What have I told you, Basic Mick? Call me Dad’

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, BobHopeandNoHope said:

Pewma all day marra

Pumas are expensive man

They only wear old school Lonsdales or the old donnay trainers sports direct had on the tables near the front:

s-l1600.jpg

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

"But we're brothers"

"Aye, as well marra"

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

Reminds me of a "jolly jape" - In The Farmers for last orders as per and I noticed a picture on the wall and happened to say to the lads "wor lass would love that picture" and as we were leaving one of the lads ripped it off the wall (rawlplugs and all) and stuck it up the back of his jacket - his shoulders looked like that lass out of Dallas.

I gets home, Mrs in bed so I prop picture up on the mantlepiece as a surprise. She gets up next morning and all I hear is "WHATS THAT" - safe to say she didn't like it !!

And here's the picture he took a shine to.....

DSCN0714.jpg

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Pumas are expensive man

They only wear old school Lonsdales or the old donnay trainers sports direct had on the tables near the front:

s-l1600.jpg

About 18 months ago absolute morons were calling that style fashionable and paying £400 :lol: 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

About 18 months ago absolute morons were calling that style fashionable and paying £400 :lol: 

They used to fly off the shelves(table) back when I worked at sports direct 20 years ago. It was inevitable that Donnays would come back into style, look at them... £15 for comfort, class and style. For an extra fiver you could get the ones with plastic air bubbles - in a range of green, red, blue, black or orange. The extra fiver would have you oozing in sophistication, and drowning in the finest heroin-addled blart.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

I wonder how many of the Micks are still

1- Alive

2- At liberty

3- Illiterate 

Unkal must be getting close to his 40s, which is ancient for a mackem. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, safcforever said:

haven’t wore a pair of them in years, now that Ashley doesn’t own you lot I might pick some up as a Christmas present to myself 

I'm sure the carpets of your caravan/permanent abode will love them :lol:

4 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

And here's the picture he took a shine to.....

DSCN0714.jpg

It was actually the picture left behind after all the packs KP Nuts were sold 

I'm gutted that not only did we come last in the group of death, we didn't even play any proper teams. :(

image.thumb.png.d06ffafbccef5367655ae4127e189a86.png

Anf of course, the mackems would have beaten AC Milan.

image.thumb.png.92b5e66aae82526b0349c5655c8f60d1.png

Time to give up I reckon. Let's just give up our ambitions and live our lives vicariously through the mackems. That's what football's all about marra. 

• Haha 3