mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

1 minute ago, Renton said:

You're literally 24 hours too late. It's been added to Parsnip now. Trouble is, there wasn't just one thread, for instance when we were 3-1down apparently several gloating threads came out. They're all merged into one megathread which makes no chronological sense. 

The actual match thread was 76 pages BTW, and was very funny.

I bet it was. :lol:

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

I'd argue that a fair few of our current squad are better than any player they've had at their club in the last 40yrs. 

Isak, Bruno, Trippier at the very least.

I’d honestly say, player for player, that I can’t think of a time in the last 20-30years when they’ve had a better player in any position than us. 

Even when we were shite, we were better than them. 

Even the seasons we spent in the Championship, our first XI blew their team away Mano a Mano. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’d honestly say, player for player, that I can’t think of a time in the last 20-30years when they’ve had a better player in any position than us. 

Even the seasons we spent in the Championship, our first XI blew their team away Mano a Mano. 

There have been times that they have signed players and I have been frustrated that we didn't go for them (Bent, Johnson, Defoe, Rodwell) but I have not held that belief for any period of time afterwards. 

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I dunno, they might have had a better left back than us at the time, or whatever. But if you stack their very best against ours for a combined XI and the entire squad is turning out in black and white. 

Like, is Wilson a better forward than Bent, Defoe or Phillips? Arguably. Wilson isn't even in my top 5 Newcastle forwards of the past 40yrs.*

Honestly think that's why they fawn over Henderson and Pickford even though those two played there briefly and played their best football elsewhere. It's because they're the closest claim they've got to actually good footballers. 

Shearer, Beardsley, Cole, Ferdinand, Ba, 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

There have been times that they have signed players and I have been frustrated that we didn't go for them (Bent, Johnson, Defoe, Rodwell) but I have not held that belief for any period of time afterwards. 

Claudio Marangoni, lasted a year and sacked them off. Went home to Argentina won Argy player of the year, multiple titles and capped 9 times.

They are tremendous at stalling careers.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Claudio Marangoni, lasted a year and sacked them off. Went home to Argentina won Argy player of the year, multiple titles and capped 9 times.

They are tremendous at stalling careers.

Turned down the chance to sign Maradona at the same time though marra. 

(As if that's a good thing to brag about). 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, NJS said:

Turned down the chance to sign Maradona at the same time though marra. 

(As if that's a good thing to brag about). 

Handy player. 

(copyright @Monkeys Fist)

🙂 

Just came here to post that :lol: 

Tbh they’ll do the mackem version of our 4-3 turnaround and lose 3-0

• Haha 8

Looking at their match thread, it appears the god like status bestowed upon that Onion bloke for tackling a 17 year old has been rescinded.

• Haha 7

6 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Time to head over to RTG I take:

huckleberry hound boomerang GIF

Fighting /abusing each other, a new thread every few minutes, owners out ! blah blah blah ! 

Funny as fuck ! 

• Haha 4

Quick glance at the thread titles and I think it might be safe to suggest that perhaps just perhaps the model might not be working. 

Unfortunately for everybody else all they've got to do is tap into their local 7 a side scene to pick up a few players that can lay ruin to full Brazil internationals.

• Haha 9

Being a massive fan of lads musnt be much fun. Alright, you get loads of admiration in far corners of the World, with people wishing you well in the fight against the Mags, FTM, but the toxic atmosphere at home games? The only fun is betting who will leave first. 

Screenshot_20240401_173835_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ffd7540e2ffcc92ada9e78056c9e14fb.jpg

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 4