mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

6 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

"Our hungry young squad would give the murderers a much better game. Our defence wouldn't give their attack a sniff, and our attack would be relentless against their slow, aging defence. The real battle would be in midfield, where our hunger and drive, elevated by the fans, would see us come out on top. When we go up, we just need to pray we don't lose our best players like Sheffield did, and hope the Saudis don't buy the referee like they likely did today. We're developing a squad that will leave the mags reeling every time. Can't wait til we go back up."

seems balanced

10 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

"Our hungry young squad would give the murderers a much better game. Our defence wouldn't give their attack a sniff, and our attack would be relentless against their slow, aging defence. The real battle would be in midfield, where our hunger and drive, elevated by the fans, would see us come out on top. When we go up, we just need to pray we don't lose our best players like Sheffield did, and hope the Saudis don't buy the referee like they likely did today. We're developing a squad that will leave the mags reeling every time. Can't wait til we go back up."

whoomp-there-it-is.gif

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: Does that Jack Ford remember that game eh? 

Like Jack says, at first I'd thought we'd done well scoring 8 (eight) goals today but then I realised Sunderland beat us 9-1 the year we won the league over a century ago and now I'm sitting here pondering life's existence. Imagine if we'd got beat from a late goal at home in the championship? I'd be in absolute despair!

• Haha 5

It is odd that regardless of their result today, our game would have made it a bad weekend. I had no interest in the Premier League when we were in the Championship and they were in the Premier League. This wasn't due to some warped belief that the Championship was better, just that I am mainly focused on NUFC so there have been two seasons where I didn't really check up on the table regularly or the other results to see how they impact on us. Likewise, I often get a little surprised when I check on the Championship to see who is there and how they are doing as it doesn't impact on us. I couldn't really care less how they were doing when we were in the Championship and the same applies now. I feel the rivalry loses a bit when we don't play. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I think they lost a match about 8-0 the same season. Some matches will have been farcical at times in the eta before subs. The tragic fucking cunts

At what time did the sub eventually arrive ??

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think they lost a match about 8-0 the same season. Some matches will have been farcical at times in the eta before subs. The tragic fucking cunts

Yeah, Southampton. Nearly as impressive as our result, except Southampton were at home, and only had 7 different scorers. And 3 of them were Sunderland players. :lol:

Screenshot_20230924_215533_Google.thumb.jpg.73375bf8516fd6a00ee2f9f1e7b63768.jpg

• Haha 6