mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

From wiki

After meeting them in New York, Courtney Love said:

They're a big bunch of sex, that band Kenickie. They're a big, raw-boned bunch of fucking sex — all three of them and the boy. I hope they get good. I hope we're a good example to them, I hope this record's huge and then the big labels will start sniffing around and then those big fucking raw-boned sexy Newcastle (sic) girls will be huge and have Number Ones and there will be an Amazon planet the way I want it.

Fewmin marra. FTM

• Haha 7

The SMB is increasingly bizarre, full of threads about territory and MLFs living everywhere. This is from a whole thread on MLFs living in Alnmouth of all places, as discussed it's apparently heroic for MLFs to come from Northumberland but county Durham Mags are vermin for some reason. 

Anyway, this has to be one of the most needy posts of all time. Wifey in St Abbs visitor centre has a neighbour who is an MLF, man in St Abbs harbour is a a Glasgow rangers fan but has a colleague who is a MLF, and a Sunderland top was spotted on a washing line in Alnmouth. Crikey. 

Screenshot_20230917_205108_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5a9acb4e888a11c76ccef08dd15865a8.jpg

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 6

:lol: 

That’s just fucking weird man. So a story about a bloke on a shit holiday that heard someone’s next door neighbor is a mackem. Not sure if it’s sadder if he made it up, or if it actually happened and he thought it was something profound. I do like that he adds that he goes to St Abbs a lot, maybe that’s to add credibility? Or is it staking a claim to the place on behalf of mackems? 

• Haha 5

I saw a black and white zebra once in Africa.

Well it was on the telly in all honesty, but the bloke trying to kill it had a black and white shield. Proper mag .

I had a pint with him afterwards,  Byker born and bred.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, Dougle said:

I saw a black and white zebra once in Africa.

Well it was on the telly in all honesty, but the bloke trying to kill it had a black and white shield. Proper mag .

I had a pint with him afterwards,  Byker born and bred.

Was it black and white? 

• Haha 5

11 hours ago, Renton said:

The SMB is increasingly bizarre, full of threads about territory and MLFs living everywhere. This is from a whole thread on MLFs living in Alnmouth of all places, as discussed it's apparently heroic for MLFs to come from Northumberland but county Durham Mags are vermin for some reason. 

Anyway, this has to be one of the most needy posts of all time. Wifey in St Abbs visitor centre has a neighbour who is an MLF, man in St Abbs harbour is a a Glasgow rangers fan but has a colleague who is a MLF, and a Sunderland top was spotted on a washing line in Alnmouth. Crikey. 

Screenshot_20230917_205108_Chrome.thumb.jpg.5a9acb4e888a11c76ccef08dd15865a8.jpg

What a tragically mundane pile of shite. Especially the last line, already setting up a story for his next trip to Alnmouth. Where he’ll say out loud in the pub he’s a MLF. Then he’ll put some Mag bastids in their place in some highly unlikely, low on detail, tale. 

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, Renton said:

Northumberland pub with mackem memorabilia displayed.... in the 70s! :lol:

How the fuck would you even remember this?

SmartSelect_20230918_001013_Chrome.jpg.9f5c00662587792674ef59693ca1c2a6.jpg

Because their life is empty?

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

'Barcelona of the north, marra? Ajax is where it's at these days. Sniff.'

Grandchildren won't find it hard to believe that they were in League One, however they'll refer to that period as "the Good Old Days".

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Barcelona of the north, marra? Ajax is where it's at these days. Sniff.'

Whoaaa, marra. That's gonna piss off the huge numbers of MLFs who support Feyenoord. 

Incidentally, I googled the Sunderland Feyenoord "connection" to make sure it wasn't something I had imagined, as it's difficult to keep track with them having founded so many European clubs etc. First link I got was their head-to-head record, which obviously should be canny substantial considering their closeness. Oh.

image.png.9aa46aa979bedad4542691339a807866.png

Edited by Renton
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Renton said:

Northumberland pub with mackem memorabilia displayed.... in the 70s! :lol:

How the fuck would you even remember this?

SmartSelect_20230918_001013_Chrome.jpg.9f5c00662587792674ef59693ca1c2a6.jpg

probably because he has been telling everyone the story religiously for 50 f-u-c-k-i-n-g years. 

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3