mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

I think he'll do reasonably well if he's given the resources to bring some players in. At the minute they're two players down from last seasons starting eleven with only Insomnia looking anywhere close to signing for them. They clearly need to improve their squad given they only just avoided relegation last season. With the frustrations fat sham was voicing about the difficulties of signing players, you have the feeling that they don't have a great deal of cash to splash even with the new TV deal. As quiff says, they're still unfashionable, although I think Moyes will make them slightly more appealing, so it's not easy to get a lot of quality to go there. As their squad stands at the moment I'd have them along with Hull and Burnley as the favourites to go down, but I do think they'll give Moyes just about enough to move a place or two above the bottom three.

Their squad is dire. I would be massively surprised if they finished anywhere higher than 17th even with Moyes.

They'll be able to attract a couple of players from the bigger Premier League clubs on loan, Moyes will still have good links at both Everton and Man Utd despite the nature of his departures.

I can see them finishing 15th-ish but doing so with a bit more time to spare than previous seasons.

Burnley, Bournemouth, Hull and West Brom will struggle and I'm hoping Crystal Palace will reveal Pardew's failings too. I've no idea how Watford wil fair.

They'll be able to attract a couple of players from the bigger Premier League clubs on loan, Moyes will still have good links at both Everton and Man Utd despite the nature of his departures.

I can see them finishing 15th-ish but doing so with a bit more time to spare than previous seasons.

Burnley, Bournemouth, Hull and West Brom will struggle and I'm hoping Crystal Palace will reveal Pardew's failings too. I've no idea how Watford wil fair.

Hull have basically relegated themselves before August