mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

It's hilarious like

Johnson, Fletcher and Whickham gone last season

Mvila and Yedlin's loans ended

Kone, their best player, is off

And to replace that lot they've signed 2 kids from Man U no one wants and paid Chelsea double what they paid for a player who couldn't get 1 game for them last season :lol:

To be fair losing Fletcher improves any squad.

:lol:

Sunderland manage to stay up every single fucking year. Every year they're either the worst or second worst team in the league, and they just somehow make it. I'd be very surprised if they went down. With Allardyce I would have agreed, but not with Moyes.

Their summer has been turmoil as well. They had an alright January window but Kone is off, and Kirchoff is their De Jong. Defoe is a year older and their signings... well if we'd signed any of them in the top flight I'd be worried.. And they're skint. I'm not as sure about Moyes as I would have been a few years ago

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

I guess we'll see mate, maybe you're right. As nice as it'd be to think they'd implode, there's so much dross in the PL now that I think a competent manager actually can make a difference. Maybe it's an insurmountable challenge though.

I guess we'll see mate, maybe you're right. As nice as it'd be to think they'd implode, there's so much dross in the PL now that I think a competent manager actually can make a difference. Maybe it's an insurmountable challenge though.

This is where I'm at, sunderland are terrible and have a weaker side, but Moyes is a better manager than Allardyce. They need to buy some players soon though, as their fixtures in September and October aren't kind at all.

I'm hoping that the fact it took him a while to make Everton a half decent team along with their impatience could still cause problems.

I also don't think he's as good as hippo head at finding short term gems like Kone.

I'm hoping that the fact it took him a while to make Everton a half decent team along with their impatience could still cause problems.

I also don't think he's as good as hippo head at finding short term gems like Kone.

Yeah a decently shitty start could see him getting the bullet.

Edit: From a quick google search you can see he and Everton were notoriously slow starters to the season.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

:lol: What point is he trying to make there? That he fucked up more than we thought he did? We definitely could have done with Kone really, he proved to be a decent PL CB for the mackems. What a shambles of a bloke. Edited by Howay