mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Even if they do get relegated this season, they'll have done it the classy way. No one calling anyone a "cous cous nonce" and no one putting his hands down a 15 year old's kegs. And for that they deserve maximum respect.

:lol:

Mind you, season's not over yet.

:lol:

Mind you, season's not over yet.

It would be typically Sunderland to have some kind of disastrous off-field clusterfuck happen just in time to give them the siege mentality needed to claw their way to 17th (and safety) on 28pts.

At the end of the day we're going places (atm at least) whilst the height of their ambition is stagnation. Fuck them

Spot on.

It's canny funny when you think at the start of the season we were told how irrelevant we were and that we're not rivals because we're not competing in the PL with them. Despite that here we are not really giving a fuck about them aside from having a bit of a laugh at them, meanwhile the chip on their shoulders regarding us is growing as they've noticed telling us we're a league below them isn't bothering us, and we're actually enjoying the season while they're fucking miserable in theirs. They are also keeping an eye out for teams that are x amount of points off us "wouldn't it be funny if McClaren's Derby overtook the mags".

Edited by Howay

At the end of the day we're going places (atm at least) whilst the height of their ambition is stagnation. Fuck them

That 50yr old crowing about being in the top flight for 10yrs in a row. Completely ignoring that, in only 5 of their 15 seasons in the Premier League have they managed more than 40pts. Over the last 9 full seasons they've accrued 365pts from a possible 1026. Average of 40.5 a season. That's fucking terrible.

We've only managed less than 40pts in 3 seasons out of our 22. Over the last 9 full seasons we've accrued 397 from 1026. Average of 44 per season.

Spot on.

It's canny funny when you think at the start of the season we were told how irrelevant we were and that we're not rivals because we're not competing in the PL with them. Despite that here we are not really giving a fuck about them aside from having a bit of a laugh at them, meanwhile the chip on their shoulders regarding us is growing as they've noticed telling us we're a league below them isn't bothering us, and we're actually enjoying the season while they're fucking miserable in theirs. They are also keeping an eye out for teams that are x amount of points off us "wouldn't it be funny if McClaren's Derby overtook the mags".

Same as it ever fucking was as talking heads nearly said. The 83-84 promotion we almost doubled their attendances watching one genuine world class player albeit at the end of his career and two other world class emerging whilst they were bottom feeders in the old first division being ignored nationwide. Last time we went up we had a better time again with bigger crowds and more attention and it fucking KILLED them after they'd had their lolz when we went down. Saw one of them wondering why nobody travels to their ground in numbers other than big clubs and it's not hard to see why. If you're Joe Bloggs supporting Watford who has to pick and choose his away games, why the fuck are you going to want to travel all that way to a shitty industrial estate to watch the turd that will not flush? (Obviously there'll be at least one Watford fan who cracked on with a Mackem on holiday who might come up and that'll be a Watford/SAFC friendship final confirmed in the minds of one of the most clinging, needy group of supporters in the country).

Think it was Billy Furious who noted (and I'm paraphrasing) that the difference between Newcastle and Sunderland fans was that the former nearly all seemed to have a pride in the city even if they weren't from there, i.e. from Crammy, Ashington and the like and enjoyed going to the games and all the stuff that comes with that like drinking in the city centre etc. whereas mackems from Murton, Consett and so on have little or no effinity with the place and just support the team. It's a subtle difference but it's part of the reason they take the piss out of the Geordie Nation stuff etc. They just don't get it. I appreciate 'Geordie Nation' is a cringeworthy phrase and not one I would use but you'll take my point.

Think it was Billy Furious who noted (and I'm paraphrasing) that the difference between Newcastle and Sunderland fans was that the former nearly all seemed to have a pride in the city even if they weren't from there, i.e. from Crammy, Ashington and the like and enjoyed going to the games and all the stuff that comes with that like drinking in the city centre etc. whereas mackems from Murton, Consett and so on have little or no effinity with the place and just support the team. It's a subtle difference but it's part of the reason they take the piss out of the Geordie Nation stuff etc. They just don't get it. I appreciate 'Geordie Nation' is a cringeworthy phrase and not one I would use but you'll take my point.

I used to know a Sunderland fan who hated mackems and couldn't get away from Roker park quick enough which I found extremely weird behavior but apparently he wasn't alone. Why bother I'd ask? He said he supported Sunderland and fuck them Mackem bastards. :lol:

:lol: Tooj was telling me he has a mate from back in Hartlepool who supports them but openly admits to hating mackems :lol:

Personally think it's mental to hate a large portion of your own support but still go to games but they've always had a support who've been a carrot short of a casserole.

[emoji38] Tooj was telling me he has a mate from back in Hartlepool who supports them but openly admits to hating mackems [emoji38]

When I lived in shields I knew a lad who went everywhere with them who always said he hated Mackems as in people from Sunderland itself.

For what? :D

I said something along the lines of

'If Shelveys said something racist he should rightly be banned, but some people on here have short memories and we won't be chanting 'he shags who he wants' or covering crimes up at board level'

I said something along the lines of

'If Shelveys said something racist he should rightly be banned, but some people on here have short memories and we won't be chanting 'he shags who he wants' or covering crimes up at board level'

You're fucking kidding me :lol: