mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

It is amazing that they’re not goners yet. It’s also very funny that the team they’re slugging out  it out with - Burton - is also the team they reckoned it was humiliating for us to visit when they were Top Dogs.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Kitman said:

It is amazing that they’re not goners yet. It’s also very funny that the team they’re slugging out  it out with - Burton - is also the team they reckoned it was humiliating for us to visit when they were Top Dogs.

:lol: Aye it’s fucking brilliant. What a tragic group they are, the fact there’s any chance they might survive is unreal given how unbelievably shite they have been. I agree with zerosum though they’re a fucking mess. 

The 4 teams at the bottom are all dire, but Barnsley have put together a run of sorts. 5 points from their past 5 games is a damn sight more than Sunderland have managed. Burton are the same, 5 from 5. Only Birmingham, who seem to be in total freefall, are doing worse.

Essembee isn't deriving as much enjoyment out of the mackems plight as you would think mind. He barely posts about it at all these days.

Be honest Essembee, you miss them don't you?

4 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

I still think they could get out of it.

mackems are 1/6 to go down, so you should be able to get 4/1 or more for them to stay up if you shop around, that is if you want to profit from a glorious survival season by sunderland. 

It'll be very sweet if Newcastle stay up and they go down.  Until then I'm far too wary to laugh at their plight.

28 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Ah, so you're biding your time. Fair enough then. I agree tbh, but they don't seem to actually have any will to do so...

They’re also doing their typical thing of just curling up into a ball and acting like anyone who laughs at them is obsessed. They done similar after we smacked them 4-1 at the rubbish tip, a few days later they were saying “you still talking about that”. 

I think it’s also difficult to fully enjoy it until we are out of our relegation fight. 

6 minutes ago, Howay said:

They’re also doing their typical thing of just curling up into a ball and acting like anyone who laughs at them is obsessed. They done similar after we smacked them 4-1 at the rubbish tip, a few days later they were saying “you still talking about that”. 

I think it’s also difficult to fully enjoy it until we are out of our relegation fight. 

They never bring up past results though :lol:

I'm the same like, I'll wait until we're safe and they're doon before celebrating. They're really running out of fixtures now though, even with the others around them failing to pick up points.

• Like 1

Just now, Alex said:

I'm the same like, I'll wait until we're safe and they're doon before celebrating. They're really running out of fixtures now though, even with the others around them failing to pick up points.

Another bonus is both Hull and Barnsley have a game in hand, whether they can win it on the other hand.....?

14 minutes ago, Alex said:

:lol: Exactly. 

Aye I agree, it’s all looking good. I’d just like if some of the other shitters could start seperating a bit from them. 

In a way though it’s class that they could go down when the bar is so low to stay up. 

25 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Another bonus is both Hull and Barnsley have a game in hand, whether they can win it on the other hand.....?

So do Burton, remember Burton the team they ridiculed us about last season because we had to play them.

Aye those jibes will really come back to haunt the mackems even more if they’re still playing against them next season but in the 3rd division 

Edited by Alex

I always found that particular pisstake a bit weird - what’s so awful about burton? Better away day than somewhere like hull or Middlesbrough you’d have thought. Good beer