mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

It’s like owning a Victorian five bedroom derelict shell of a house in the arsehole of nowhere and convincing yourself that it’s just as attractive to buyers as the 20 bedroom mansion in Mayfair.

‘They’ll love a fixer upper’.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

2023-24, in the conference and now a fan owned club, trouble erupts in the newly formed AFC Sunderland's boardroom meeting at the Windmill pub after buying Bill Brigg from Spennymoor where a few members of the new board go and borrow £2.7m from the bank to buy him after hearing from a mag at work that PL club Newcastle United were about to poach him, despite manager Kevin Ball saying he's only worth a set of strips.

giphy (20).gif

It's happening, folks.....

• Haha 2

:lol:
I really hope they do it, then after they’ve scraped the money together, and own the club, the realisation that they’ll need do that every month just to pay the debts will hit them like a sledgehammer. 

• Haha 1

It's the idea of a message board populated by mackems where more than one can raise ten million quid that gets me.

Not saying there are no successful or well off people from Sunderland of course but still... 

• Haha 1

I enjoy the fact that even in his made up story of how he can raise £10m he still has to get a bunch of loans to do it. Would they add the loan payments on that combined £30-40m debt to the £5m a month the club loses? Even in their made up scenarios the end result would still be a shambles :lol:.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Howay said:

I enjoy the fact that even in his made up story of how he can raise £10m he still has to get a bunch of loans to do it. Would they add the loan payments on that combined £30-40m debt to the £5m a month the club loses? Even in their made up scenarios the end result would still be a shambles :lol:.

I hope they do it :lol:

It would be the perfect coup de grace for a club that has been battered by its own fans for years, while they labour under the delusion that they're helping it. To see it finally go down in flames at the hands of it's own delusional following would be superbly poetic.

"The mags may be the richest club in the world marra, but they're all jealous as fuck that we're a fan owned club, even if we are being relegated out of League Two, in administration, and with our 5th chairman in 6 months coming in following the sexual assault allegations against his predecessor. It's what football is really about, we're showing other clubs the way! FTM!!"

• Haha 7

They’d be the first nationalised club, since it’d be funded primarily by Universal Credit, Sickness Benefit etc, since they voted to guarantee the towns main employer will be fucking off. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Howay said:

9fLQ5LEmDPnwFzTvHYwcgurKAi4.jpg

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

That’s the guy who claims to be ex SAS

think there's several of them on rtg to be honest, but then that's to be expected as there isn't a mackem breathing who isn't the hardest cunt on planet earth.

i'm no expert on the military but i always thought the sas were shrouded in secrecy till your dying day? unless of course you register on the smb in which case you're allowed to divulge your previous life with impunity.

two of my particular favourite ex squadies are zigi81 who is the epitome of someone suffering from shell shock who in reality has never heard any thing louder than a 70s bonfire night banger going off,  but especially revier, whose rambo like escapades eventually led him to wiping out every rival supporter in england (not europe, obviously) before fucking the arse off penelope cruz in some yacht at cannes. bless him!

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, thebrokendoll said:

think there's several of them on rtg to be honest, but then that's to be expected as there isn't a mackem breathing who isn't the hardest cunt on planet earth.

i'm no expert on the military but i always thought the sas were shrouded in secrecy till your dying day? unless of course you register on the smb in which case you're allowed to divulge your previous life with impunity.

two of my particular favourite ex squadies are zigi81 who is the epitome of someone suffering from shell shock who in reality has never heard any thing louder than a 70s bonfire night banger going off,  but especially revier, whose rambo like escapades eventually led him to wiping out every rival supporter in england (not europe, obviously) before fucking the arse off penelope cruz in some yacht at cannes. bless him!

Generally ex SAS members keep it to themselves and don’t talk about being hard because they know it’s a ridiculous concept for people who have been in combat which all members off the SAS have. However I only know 2 ex SAS so I couldn’t say for definite.

4 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Generally ex SAS members keep it to themselves and don’t talk about being hard because they know it’s a ridiculous concept for people who have been in combat which all members off the SAS have. However I only know 2 ex SAS so I couldn’t say for definite.

one of the doesn't wear stone island clobber and hurl abuse at jimmy hill statues by any chance?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Tom said:

The myth that we “hounded Robson out” is a strange one mind. They proper cling to it.

Aye. Some people thought his time was up but he still had the backing of most fans I’d say. It was purely down to Shepherd deciding he should go and there was by no means a fan-led movement to get him sacked. Meanwhile the classy lot down the road called him ‘pissy pants’ or something similar at the time and now they go on like he’s one of their own for being a County Durham lad 

• Like 2

I think my actual thoughts at the time we’re that he should “move upstairs” at the end of the season but i knew fuck all worth knowing at the time. (Not saying I do now :lol: )

They always used to sing about him pissing himself & having dementia etc, but every now and then there’s a mackem who tries to claim him.

He was black & white daft, make no mistake but I think he held all the North east in high regard. As most men of his generation did/do. 

Again owing to the age thing there’s no doubt he didn’t hate Sunderland and probably even liked them, but a mackem he was not.

They forget that a lot of fans of either club would alternate between NUFC/SAFC games depending on who was at home & there was zero animosity.

• Like 5