mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Just having a browse through RTG and the usual fighting is going on between people who are outraged at where the club is, and those who just don't want to hear it. The thing that it got me thinking about was just how similar all 4 of their seasons in L1 have been - iirc they've always been in positions 3-6, always with a game or two in hand that would potentially put them in the automatic slots, and always somehow incapable of capitalising on it.

They've had multiple different managers who have all more or less achieved the same outcome. Maybe it's just not going to happen. I mean if they did go up, on this evidence they'd be struggling at the bottom of the championship. I'm not totally sure of how much overlap there is between lower champ and upper L1, but I'm assuming it's not more than a couple of teams either way.

Eventually you would think they won't be able to sustain the current placing in L1 - and it that happens and they sink to midtable, how long before they build the next team that's going to be capable of pushing out? And how long then in the championship recalibrating, consolidating, and pushing up? They could be out of the top flight for 20 years based on how this is going, it's incredible.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

SMB v Oxford  26,634

Toon v Burnley 51,948

Not quite double

In fairness to them, they are now a very well established third division club and they do have a shit team of players most of us have never heard of and wouldn’t recognise if they were on the till at Lidl (some of them may well be, to supplement their income).

And aye a fair swedge of their tickets are probably free or about £10, what with them being nearly a non-league side.

But that’s not a bad turn out, probably due to the pull of the big team they were playing.

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Dougle said:

In fairness to them, they are now a very well established third division club and they do have a shit team of players most of us have never heard of and wouldn’t recognise if they were on the till at Lidl (some of them may well be, to supplement their income).

And aye a fair swedge of their tickets are probably free or about £10, what with them being nearly a non-league side.

But that’s not a bad turn out, probably due to the pull of the big team they were playing.

Good post.A cup final for the makems.

• Haha 3

On 05/12/2021 at 19:34, Rayvin said:

Just having a browse through RTG and the usual fighting is going on between people who are outraged at where the club is, and those who just don't want to hear it. The thing that it got me thinking about was just how similar all 4 of their seasons in L1 have been - iirc they've always been in positions 3-6, always with a game or two in hand that would potentially put them in the automatic slots, and always somehow incapable of capitalising on it.

They've had multiple different managers who have all more or less achieved the same outcome. Maybe it's just not going to happen. I mean if they did go up, on this evidence they'd be struggling at the bottom of the championship. I'm not totally sure of how much overlap there is between lower champ and upper L1, but I'm assuming it's not more than a couple of teams either way.

Eventually you would think they won't be able to sustain the current placing in L1 - and it that happens and they sink to midtable, how long before they build the next team that's going to be capable of pushing out? And how long then in the championship recalibrating, consolidating, and pushing up? They could be out of the top flight for 20 years based on how this is going, it's incredible.

The best they can hope for is being a yoyo side. Between the third and second tiers I mean. :lol:

• Haha 1

They don’t even know who owns them ffs :lol: 

It wouldn’t be surprise me if that Dreyfus kid is just on a jolly, enjoying the sycophancy of the daft mackems. 

Pretty awkward that half his money is from Qatar mind.

• Haha 2

It was all going so well for them- “five in a roweh”, The Italian Fascist manger, Hippo Heed, then… fucking oblivion, and all of it recorded for our enjoyment. 

Maybe I’m wrong and there is a God :lol:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

It was all going so well for them- “five in a roweh”, The Italian Fascist manger, Hippo Heed, then… fucking oblivion, and all of it recorded for our enjoyment. 

Maybe I’m wrong and there is a God :lol:

:lol: They were so close to six in a roweh as well, which of course meant they could have held up one full hand of fingers to show the wins. 

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: They were so close to six in a roweh as well, which of course meant they could have held up one full hand of fingers to show the wins. 

:lol:

They’re on four in a row now- two more seasons of turgid incompetence and they can  finally live their dream. 

• Haha 3

Billy Two Coats pictured seconds before campus security respond to the complaint of “ a tramp pissing in cans and offering them to students”

… also, isn’t Alma Mater usually only applied to somewhere you graduated from? :lol:

#playdough #mouldycarpet #toucher #bannedfromheronfoods #absoluteroaster

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/safc-play-scrooge.1567068/

True colours on show. :lol:

edit; my post above was tongue-in-cheek but it’s surprising that more than a few of the filthy fuckers have actually used that as an excuse. 

edit 2; it’s not surprising at all. :lol:

'This story smells of gravy'. :lol:

There you go, Dick Dastard says it smells of gravy so nothing to see here. :lol:

• Haha 1