mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

22 minutes ago, Tom said:

I mean he’s from North Shields ffs, what else is he? :lol: 

I think their angle was he’s not actually from North Shields, I guess he’s lying about it :lol: and of course in true mackem style it’s an argument that while completely illogical is hard to verify since anything short of him supplying evidence he was born at Rake Lane would be disregarded as fake, even a birth certificate would be fake tbh as there’d be some MLF nurse who was there that day they’d know that didn’t know of any patient under the name. 

I genuinely don’t get this craic from them, why not just accept people actually are Newcastle fans? :lol: Have a go at him, call his music shit, whatever else but the lad’s blatantly a Newcastle fan. 

• Like 1

Didn’t they try to claim he was from South Shields despite every scrap of semblance about his upbringing clearly states it was North Shields. Remind me where the Low Lights Tavern, which has his Brit Award as a beer pump located.

And that’s before we start on the fact South Shields is further north than Newcastle, which the try to dispute. Fuckwits.

If he was South Shields, which he isn’t, there’s still a greater chance he’d pick us over them anyway. But he’s not Elton John, or something 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Howay said:

:lol: That’ll show him. 

I'm sure he'll have a laugh with it and them as long as they're decent enough lads? 

(Starting to see the flaw in my argument). 

• Haha 4

Oh aye, last time I was home (pre-COVID) I was down North Shields fish quay, in The Ship's Cat, when Fender walked in. The place was empty but got canny busy once he come (assuming it was after a gig) I had no idea who he was but one of my mates was banging on about him. Anyway, at one point I was getting a drink and he stood next to me at the bar. I told him it was good to hear of a local lad doing well and I'll look out for his stuff. He said thanks, but after getting his drink he gave a look over both shoulders and lent towards me before saying "actually I'm not from here, I'm actually from South Shields which meant I was a massive lads fan but I switched allegiances as a 1992 bandwagon jumper despite that being two years before I was born, FTM" I was a bit taken aback but after thinking about it it makes sense given it's literally impossible for anyone to be born local to Newcastle and support them, everyone is born far away and bandwagon jumps provided you have any type of success in life. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

So taking an NUFC flag to a Sam Fender hometown gig is professional mag behaviour but taking an SAFC flag to a Liam Gallagher gig in the south is perfectly fine. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

“KLD” the “MLF” given an 8 week driving ban after being clocked going 110mph. 

He’d probably been to a local food bank & drove off with a boot full of scran before those in need could get it.

Also I know a lad who got about 3 years for similar….8 weeks!? :lol: 

Have you seen the roads around there? I don’t think they’ve been painted since the 1960s. 

Anything faster than 15mph feels like a risk 

• Haha 3