mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

The one they level at us lately is that we "won the transfer window", even though the phrase originated from within their own fanbase because they all shit themselves when we make a signing, it's evolved to us now thinking the transfer window is a competition. Every paper that's evaluated their business has slated it, leading to shouts of MAG RAG, MAGEDIA etc. They're adamant that they've had the better window like, and baffled as to why they're odds on for relegation.

Was harassed on twitter by mackems livid that I had the temerity to say there's no media agenda or bias. Which lead to them repeatedly stating how not-bothered they were about the fact the Newcastle Number 9 shirt is famous... for hours. Then the mackems who started the conversation with me then blocked me :lol::dunno:

Helped pass a quiet day though :cuppa:

There's a kid I work with who is spot on and intelligent and what have you but he genuinely believes there's an agenda whereby Newcastle (the city that is) gets all the money in the region and Sunderland gets none.

There's a kid I work with who is spot on and intelligent and what have you but he genuinely believes there's an agenda whereby Newcastle (the city that is) gets all the money in the region and Sunderland gets none.

Hold the fucking phone! It's you, isn't it? You're the "Mag at Work"!

Fucking hell man alex, the amount of shit we get because of your delusions!

1) stop banging on about the Airport

2) stop declaring that we're the Barcelona of the North

3) Stop claiming every home game attracts 60k screaming Geordies

4) stop punching horses

5) stop spitting on Sir Bobby Robson

7) stop bring up past results like the 5-1, they're not relevant

8) remember they beat us 9-1 107 years ago in 1908 and as such you should be sufficiently contrite

9) Never forget you owe your fine city to a cabal of mysterious Tyneside businessmen who have filtered money away from Wearside to be spent on Tyneside.

1bunn.jpg

"......And I'd do it all over again to keep my fellow Novocastrians in the manner to which they've become rather accustomed."

9) Never forget you owe your fine city to a cabal of mysterious Tyneside businessmen who have filtered money away from Wearside to be spent on Tyneside.

1bunn.jpg

"......And I'd do it all over again to keep my fellow Novocastrians in the manner to which they've become rather accustomed."

You've posted that before (or something very similar) and I had to stifle a laugh when the lad was on about because that's all I could think of. It's fucking preposterous, man :lol:

You seem to know everything about sunderland , even down to what the players say in interviews :) You seem a bit obsessed

Yet you're a mackem signed up and posting on an NUFC forum. And have you ever heard of social media? If you have mates that are mackems sharing on Facebook and retweeting on Twitter it shows up on your timeline. Just sayin'.

You've posted that before (or something very similar) and I had to stifle a laugh when the lad was on about because that's all I could think of. It's fucking preposterous, man :lol:

Yes, it's beyond belief and isn't a figment of my imagination but the figment of a few Mackems imaginations who are a strange mixture of bitter, paranoid and not a little envious of our city compared to theirs and the perceptions of both places to outsiders.

I was at a gig at the SOS a while ago, some bloke asked where me and my mate were from. I told him and being polite asked him where he was from, and he said he was from the area, just short walk from the stadium. I light-heartedly laughed and said "condolences" and he shouted his son over wanting a fight :lol:

Yet you're a mackem signed up and posting on an NUFC forum. And have you ever heard of social media? If you have mates that are mackems sharing on Facebook and retweeting on Twitter it shows up on your timeline. Just sayin'.

Your avatar btw. :lol: Fucking mint

Edited by Alex

I was at a gig at the SOS a while ago, some bloke asked where me and my mate were from. I told him and being polite asked him where he was from, and he said he was from the area, just short walk from the stadium. I light-heartedly laughed and said "condolences" and he shouted his son over wanting a fight :lol:

I did similar at the age of 18 outside of Annabel's in Sunderland at kicking out time. I got hit (stealth attack from behind :lol: ) , my mate got hit, then the police turned up and waited til we got in a taxi. Silly boy.

I don't how I didn't get chinned in Sunderland about a week after the 5-1. Was chicken dancing down the street, absolutely mortal and somehow made it from Park Lane Metro into the safety of a student pub without getting digged. In my head, it was like something off Gladiators; me, navigating the travelator as mackems chucked stuff at me.

Hold the fucking phone! It's you, isn't it? You're the "Mag at Work"!

Fucking hell man alex, the amount of shit we get because of your delusions!

1) stop banging on about the Airport

2) stop declaring that we're the Barcelona of the North

3) Stop claiming every home game attracts 60k screaming Geordies

4) stop punching horses

5) stop spitting on Sir Bobby Robson

I ended up getting into an argument with a mackem on a non-football site who literally put that list down in order, topped off with the mysterious Tyneside business cabal card. :lol:

I told them that they just needed to get a bit of perspective on things, and that you don't hear the people from another NE coastal town, Blyth, complaining about living near a world renowned city.