mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

If Borini is any good why didn't anyone but Sunderland want him?

Who have they beaten to his signature? He would have been happy enough rotting at Liverpool if he could have gotten away with it....

Hugely underwhelming. They've now spent three transfer windows chasing a player who spent the entire of last season warming a bench at a team that's only about 10 places better than they are.

Good for them if they're happy about it, I guess...

Edited by Rayvin

This post on RTG, a reply to 'Borini always scores against the mags':

'You're so right brother, some players just seem to have 'a thing' about scoring against certain teams and Borini just loves the mags. He knows it, we know it and of course they know it. A fact that is worth the transfer fee on it's own.'

So they're happy with spending £7.5m rising to around £10m to get a player who scores against Newcastle? What a bunch of pathetic, sad, obsessed losers.

Being fair though, he did get 7 goals that season he was on loan with them. Hugely impressive number. To put it into context, when Shola was the same age playing for us, he also managed 7 goals in 25 games (26 to be exact) when he was the same age (as Borini was two years ago).

They've spent £10m on their own version of Shola.

They love to create fictional "Mags" in their heads down to their superiority complex. I honestly couldn't give a fuck who they sign TBF, let them crack on. End of the day defensively they are absolutely shocking so they will always concede goals. I bet with Borini finally signing for them they expect to finish top 10? Fucking dreamworld.

Fully agree.

In all honesty who was the last player they have bought that has genuinely done really well for them and helped them finish high-ish up the table?

They genuinely just sign utter wank players that aren't worth worrying about, they have a real knack for it tbh. It's probably harder to buy the amount of players they have bought with all the money they have spent and not buy one decent one than have a few that are canny.

It's miraculous they have survived in the Premier League this long when they consistently look among the worst in the league year after year. The fact they've spunked their collective loads over signing this complete and utter skinny carthorse shows how desperate they are. I'd feel bad for them if they weren't such annoying cunts.

Fully agree.

In all honesty who was the last player they have bought that has genuinely done really well for them and helped them finish high-ish up the table?

They genuinely just sign utter wank players that aren't worth worrying about, they have a real knack for it tbh. It's probably harder to buy the amount of players they have bought with all the money they have spent and not buy one decent one than have a few that are canny.

It's miraculous they have survived in the Premier League this long when they consistently look among the worst in the league year after year. The fact they've spunked their collective loads over signing this complete and utter skinny carthorse shows how desperate they are. I'd feel bad for them if they weren't such annoying cunts.

I was chatting to a few mates about which club has made the most "bad" signings in the Premier League era and while a few clubs have spent big on shit, they can at least console themselves that amongst their shite, there is a gem or two. So while Spurs might have wasted a big proportion of the money they got for Bale on players like Lamela and Soldado etc, they still have Modric to look back on fondly, or Bale, or Friedel etc.

Am I biased in looking at the players signed by sunderland and seeing shite signing after shite signing?

It's not like they've no money to spend, but Bent? Johnson? Defoe? Are these the best players to pull on a red and white shirt for the great unwashed? Midtable fodder at best. Wigan have had better players, Portsmouth, Leicester, the list goes on.

Says to me they must have an absolutely shocking scouting network.

I was chatting to a few mates about which club has made the most "bad" signings in the Premier League era and while a few clubs have spent big on shit, they can at least console themselves that amongst their shite, there is a gem or two. So while Spurs might have wasted a big proportion of the money they got for Bale on players like Lamela and Soldado etc, they still have Modric to look back on fondly, or Bale, or Friedel etc.

Am I biased in looking at the players signed by sunderland and seeing shite signing after shite signing?

It's not like they've no money to spend, but Bent? Johnson? Defoe? Are these the best players to pull on a red and white shirt for the great unwashed? Midtable fodder at best. Wigan have had better players, Portsmouth, Leicester, the list goes on.

Says to me they must have an absolutely shocking scouting network.

Can't imagine many Spurs fans would consider Friedel a great signing but I get your point.

You only have to look at who the tramps most highly regarded players are in the premiership era to tell you everything you need to know about. Phillips and Quinn!

Don't forget about Catts for England! :lol:

I get that Cattermole is a useful player to drag you out of a relegation scrap, but he's also the reason you're consistently in a relegation scrap.

I don't think it's a stretch to say that given what they've spent, they're the biggest underachievers in the league? We've spent a fair bit in the 22 years of the Premier League, but we've played in the Champions League, had global stars and "top top" players pull on our shirt.

They've finished 7th once.

It was, fairly I think, pointed out that they've signed Borini for less than they got for Whickam.

Which isn't a bad trade imo.

Sure, but we got Sissoko, Cabaye, Debuchy, Cisse etc. for less than we got for Carroll. They can't brag about balancing a cheque book if they've ripped into us for being a selling club. :lol:

Borini is a decent little player, but their issue remains their back four, and their centre mids. Signing another hit & miss striker isn't going to fix their underlying problems. Also, if they're happy to spend cash on Borini, why wouldn't they take a punt on Austin?

Ellis Short probably sanctioned the signing because he knew the fickle fans of wearside would welcome it due to his two goals against the team from the regions capital.Another goal against us and they will probably remove the statue to the Geordie who took them into the 3rd division and replace it with a one of Borrini.

The state of what they've signed and they're buzzing bless them :lol: they all turned on the hierarchy a couple of weeks ago, now they're posting threads apologising. Wouldn't want a single one of their signings. Borini wouldn't make our bench ffs

They're always buzzing when they make signings every single window, and watch a few YouTube montages and claim they've been watching them for years :lol: They were over the moon with their record signing, Fletcher, when he arrived. Bet they were buzzing with the 'potential' of Wickham (he's fucked off now haha), the experienced O'Shea and Brown, and midfield powerhouse Rodwell :lol: The only mackem player with a bit of quality is Johnson, a ALLEGED paedophile. M'Vila looks decent, and he's been accused of paedophilia as well :lol:

They're always buzzing when they make signings every single window, and watch a few YouTube montages and claim they've been watching them for years :lol: They were over the moon with their record signing, Fletcher, when he arrived. Bet they were buzzing with the 'potential' of Wickham (he's fucked off now haha), the experienced O'Shea and Brown, and midfield powerhouse Rodwell :lol: The only mackem player with a bit of quality is Johnson, a ALLEGED paedophile. M'Vila looks decent, and he's been accused of paedophilia as well :lol:

You may have to edit this for legal purposes.

When they signed Steed Malbranque one makem on rtg desribed it as ` a truely remarkable signing'.They thought Wickham was quality because they'd pipped Liverpool to his signature.Only the makems thought that mind.I've pointed out before that every player is a good signing and even more so after a new signing has a good ( actually average ) debut.They did it last season after the debuts of Bridcutt and Jones.Kaboul was always going to be a shite signing .After his first two shocking games he was dropped,but reinstated for the Villa game,and after a rank average performance against Villa last weekend ( and another 2 goals conceded ) he's now a good signing again.CATTS FOR ENGLAND

You seem to know everything about sunderland , even down to what the players say in interviews :) You seem a bit obsessed