mackem messageboard gold

Gene_Clark

Just addressing the fact that your fans hounded out Sir Bobby Robson. Its not an urban myth , its fact. So dont try and brush it under the carpet

Someone just admit HE WAS HOUNDED OUT BY THE FANS .

Bet they cant :)

You might want to look at the way SBR was undermined by Shepherd in the previous 18 months before August 2004 before you start blaming the support....or you might want to continue to come across as an atrocious fuckin dickhead...I'll leave that up to you...

Fans 'spat on SBR'? Where and how could someone make up such unintelligent drivel?

EDIT: Just googled 'spat/spitting on Sir Bobby Robson' and nothing factual appeared. It was all comments by mackems on newspaper articles and RTG claiming that Newcastle fans did. And, I was too young to remember the SBR years sadly (I was born 21/12/2000) and the only stuff I know about his sacking was Freddy Shepherd, for some ridiculous reason, sacked him because we finished 5th, and just missed out on Champions League. And how we have deteriorated since...

Edited by Haydnator

Did he not have Bovril thrown at him back when he was England manager? So basically he wasn't spat on and it wasn't even anywhere near him being manager of Newcastle.

Just googled that. And nothing relevant to that appeared. All lies by mackems probably? What a bunch of rancorous cretins.

Just googled that. And nothing relevant to that appeared. All lies by mackems probably? What a bunch of rancorous cretins.

Could be, I'd heard about it but didn't see it myself. I remember there were fans unhappy with Sir Bobby after we had finished 5th but it definately wasn't a hounding out, most were annoyed with Dyer, Jenas, Bramble and co for being cunts as well as Freddy fucking Bobby over

He wasn't hounded out at all, I think most people wanted to see him given the season and expected him to 'move upstairs'.

Shepherd thought he'd lost control of the players & I suppose that was illustrated clearly by Robson's replacement. The fans don't make these decisions, just like the fans didn't bring Keegan back but got stick for it.

Anyway, I think Sir Bobby got abuse for dropping Keegan from the England squad - that's when he was spat at, apparently...

Could be, I'd heard about it but didn't see it myself. I remember there were fans unhappy with Sir Bobby after we had finished 5th but it definately wasn't a hounding out, most were annoyed with Dyer, Jenas, Bramble and co for being cunts as well as Freddy fucking Bobby over

That season we finished 5th under Sir Bobby, I've had a look at it and was the thing a handful of fans were questioning was the fact we only won twice away from home?

He wasn't hounded out at all, I think most people wanted to see him given the season and expected him to 'move upstairs'.

Shepherd thought he'd lost control of the players & I suppose that was illustrated clearly by Robson's replacement.* The fans don't make these decisions, just like the fans didn't bring Keegan back but got stick for it.

Anyway, I think Sir Bobby got abuse for dropping Keegan from the England squad - that's when he was spat at, apparently...**

* Lost control? Shepherd really though the man who had Craig Bellamy man managed to a tee was losing control of the players?

** The only things I could find on the internet that spoke about this was a Mag article from September 2013 and a Stoke City forum topic from around the time of his death.

To be fair, to an extent I would say he did - that or the players were just cathwords. I think when people spoke to Dyer he had massive regrets about the way he behaved under Bobby...

To be fair, to an extent I would say he did - that or the players were just cathwords. I think when people spoke to Dyer he had massive regrets about the way he behaved under Bobby...

Aye to be fair towards the end he had a tough time keeping those bellends under control, hence Souness coming in to crack down on them... which ended up as a failure.

I had a look on NUFC.com and went to the match report of the first game of the 2004/05 season (the opening 4 games were Sir Bobby's last in charge of NUFC) and was quoted

"I had a long discussion with Kieron on Friday, I felt when it came to picking the team that Nicky Butt and Jermaine Jenas were in a fitter condition.

"It's utter rubbish to say we had a row. If Kieron is unhappy, he should come and tell me. I didn't know that Keiron has a camp - I know he has a nice house.

"I don't know where these wild stories come from."

That season we finished 5th under Sir Bobby, I've had a look at it and was the thing a handful of fans were questioning was the fact we only won twice away from home?

Can't really remember tbh, I know finishing 5th was a dissappointment (looks daft now but higher aims etc back then) and iirc we had a poor start then Freddy chucked him. As Tom rightly said the majority wanted him to get at least the season, so no idea where this hounded out bollocks comes from.

:lol: uncal mick. If anyone ever summed up Sunderland, it's him.

Aye, massive legend on their forums for holding up a misspelt sign outside of SJP in the middle of the night. Middle aged charva hanging out with his 16 year old nephew and they all respected him :lol: .

To be fair it was the upstarts in the dressing room who lost Sir Bobby his job, Dyer (The little wanker) was the main instigator. The scum down the road have tried to point score for years over SBR, just goes to prove how small time they really are.

If we're being serious about terrible treatment of Sir Bobby then you have to look at the media treatment when he was England manager, nothing short of horrific for a man that lived and breathed football and these cunts were supposed to be English and professional. The most revered man in world football and his own people calling for his blood.

To be fair it was the upstarts in the dressing room who lost Sir Bobby his job, Dyer (The little wanker) was the main instigator. The scum down the road have tried to point score for years over SBR, just goes to prove how small time they really are.

If we're being serious about terrible treatment of Sir Bobby then you have to look at the media treatment when he was England manager, nothing short of horrific for a man that lived and breathed football and these cunts were supposed to be English and professional. The most revered man in world football and his own people calling for his blood.

Not just in calling us out over him either - in pretty much every way imaginable.