England

LeazesMag

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I normally go for an acca of 6-7 bankers and another on form. It'd usually be Man U, Man City, Rangers Celtic, Barce, Real Madrid.

Find an acca on draws fun though. Villa, sunderland, Stoke were always a decent punt for that. Get better odds for draws as well. :good:

I keep saying I should start doing it again, but never get round to it. One day. We all enjoyed it, it gave you something else to look at among the football results.

It's over 20 years now since I did this sort of thing.

Gram ?

Yep, Gram. Do a search on "Milner" with him as the poster, it's unerring.

http://www.toontastic.net/board/user/1364-gram/

"Milner is just a spotty pleb who needs benching"

"we are stuck with shite like James Milner"

"I don't rate Milner. However, its fucking frightening that so many are including him in the side despite his complete shitness this season"

"better off saving your ire for those patently not good enough for regular first team football like James Milner. If we got our money back on him I'd be over the moon."

"I'd happily drop Milner to keep Smith on the right" :lol:

"Milner is adequate, I doubt if he will play for England."

"Milner has little or no chance of ever making it at the top level."

"Would any of the top four covet Milner? Not a cat in hells chance. He struggles at U21 level. "

etc.

Yep, Gram. Do a search on "Milner" with him as the poster, it's unerring.

http://www.toontasti...user/1364-gram/

"Milner is just a spotty pleb who needs benching"

"we are stuck with shite like James Milner"

"I don't rate Milner. However, its fucking frightening that so many are including him in the side despite his complete shitness this season"

"better off saving your ire for those patently not good enough for regular first team football like James Milner. If we got our money back on him I'd be over the moon."

"I'd happily drop Milner to keep Smith on the right" :lol:

"Milner is adequate, I doubt if he will play for England."

"Milner has little or no chance of ever making it at the top level."

"Would any of the top four covet Milner? Not a cat in hells chance. He struggles at U21 level. "

etc.

God, I'd forgotten about him, he hasn't been on here for ages

Anyone see on SSN about penalties. Germanys record is played 6, won 5 lost 1. Our record is played 6, won 1 lost 5. :blush2:

Italy are pretty bad though, they've done 7, won 2 and lost 5.

Greece have never been involved in one, Czechs and Portugal have never lost one and Spain and France are bother won 3, lost 3.

I keep saying I should start doing it again, but never get round to it. One day. We all enjoyed it, it gave you something else to look at among the football results.

It's over 20 years now since I did this sort of thing.

Used to do it a fair bit at Uni, just little daft accas so when we were watching the results roll by on BBC we didn't have to put up wioth Garth fucking Crooks "insight". These days I'll still be checking that Crawley hasn't fucked up my bet by losing at home to Barnet, but I'm more likely to take a punt on the horses. Just won c£300 on the races at Ascot thanks to my cousin :D

Garth Crooks is comfortably the biggest idiot of all the football pundits on TV.

What are you planning to do with the £300 ?

Add it to the other £300 I won yesterday and the rest of the cash. Put most of it in my Nephew's account and the rest I'll spend on something frivolous.

God, I feel sorry for the poor sods who have to suffer his "expert" predictions as they are ferried somewhere today. A greater advert for public transport/using your own car/walking/never leaving the house does not exist.

God, I feel sorry for the poor sods who have to suffer his "expert" predictions as they are ferried somewhere today. A greater advert for public transport/using your own car/walking/never leaving the house does not exist.

It's just the sheer fucking stupidity to be honest or ignorance - call it what you want - that gets me.

You're talking about Italy for fucks sake, the last time they conceded 4 goals in a major competition was against Brazil in 1970. :lol:

Bunton's up . Quick day shift in the Taxi then it's party on!

4-1 to England.

tumblr_lfxp0sF2xZ1qbbtoco1_500.gif

Is she? Great, I'll pop round yours and tell her exactly what I want, what I really, really want. :naughty:

England haven't beaten a major footballing nation in the knock out phase anywhere other than Wembley....Belgium in 1990 don't count as they hardly count as a major footballing nation,neither do Cameroon, neither of them were going to win it that year,even if they'd put England out. If they do it tonight they'll be putting out a nation who have won 4 world cups and have been runners up twice. There is an understanding in Italian football culture about tournament football that is usually nowhere to be seen when England arrive at summer tournaments themselves. Italy look average so far but they didn't look any better in 2006 when they won the WC. Putting them out removes a potential winner. That for me is huge.

I've not seen too much in Englands games that has suggested this time is going to be any different to the countless other times we've messed it up at this stage but if we deny Pirlo space and time then theyve got little else tbh. Getting to the semis will be a major over acheivement in view of our history but its do-able iyam.