Kenny's Been Sacked!

NufcBano

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The logic of your standard LFC fan is flawed beyond belief. They want millions spent, a huge stadium yet they want to retain the 'club' mentality and keep it all very local.

Well 25 years ago when they were owned by the Moores family maybe but not in 2012! The abuse being dished out to Henry in the wake of Kenny's sacking is dreadful tbh. This fella saved their club from going bust a little over a year ago. His mistake was bringing Dalglish back in the first place rather than sacking him now.

Seems to a group of their fans now trying to claim the yanks were delusional to consider they were ever in a chance of top 4 and that they were only 5 points above relegation when Dalglish took over. They only need to look at Redknapp at Spurs who took over when they were bottom of the league but who delivered top 4 the following season to know that arguement doesn't stick.

Dalglish had the time, the resources and the backing to get into the top 4. He failed miserably.

Shame he's gone.

They've sacked King Kenny quickly so they've got plenty of time to think about it. I doubt they'll make another appointment to curry favour with the fans.

I hope Pardew isn't on the list, I don't share the opinion that he couldn't be tempted to jump ship. He would tick a lot of boxes - including league success on a shoestring - with the added bonus of fettling a rival. Hopefully Pardew will want to finish what he's started but you can't expect any loyalty in football.

If they offer Pardew a significant wage increase and Ashley won't match it, he'll be off. Crazy to think otherwise.

The only thing that could potentially stop Pardew going is that he climbed a fucking mountain here overcoming the initial scepticism with his appointment, but it would be nothing compared to replacing The King. Whether he wants to go through that again and risk being out of work in 18 months is the big factor imo.

Expectations are higher there too - you need to deliver trophies from the word go and they have nothing like the squad to guarantee that.

And that's if he's even on their radar.

Am not saying he won't be tempted by Liverpool, I just think he's the least likely to be bought off by anyone, and Gemmil has listed the very good reasons not to take the Liverpool job.

The issue pertaining to NUFC in all this is this "Moneyball" narrative at Liverpool....the bosses at Fenway Sports employ Billy Beane, on whom the book and film are based. Billy Beane recommended Comolli for the DoF job at Liverpool (fuck knows what happened there last summer, Comolli must have returned his copy of the book to the library!) but what Carr and Pardew have acheived in the last 18 months is fully in line with the principles laid down by Billy Beane. Its inconceiveable that the "team" at Newcastle haven't been noticed by the top bods at Fenway. Whether they make an approach is a different thing.

Although I don't think he'd leave us for Liverpool, Pards jumped ship at Reading as soon as West Ham came along. However that was quite a leap in terms of career advancement. NUFC to Liverpool in their current state would definitely not be a step up when you compare squads. It would only be for money and I'm fairly sure the owner is getting fed up throwing vast sums of money at the club with little to no return.

Dont Ashley and Llambias have Pardew's kids in a wharehouse somwhere making him work for a fiver a week? Obviously if he goes that's his kids done for.

Good point, has he paid off the gambling debt yet?

If Pardew went, which IMO he wont, the Mickey Mousers and their deluded minds will be GUTTED with the appointment.

They still think their a top 4 club and challenging for the tittle so only appointments like Hiddink, Guardiola, Mourhinio etc. In the past they wouldnt of had issues with these due to the history of the club etc but who in their right mind is going to come in with the existing squad they have unless they are given £150+m to rebuild. They have no midfield to note of and their defence is shite! The owners wont be trusting the new gaffer with a huge "war chest" because they will be expected to work with what they have with a few additions.

Padrew isnt seen as a top gaffer by the deluded lot. Lets be honest, none of us expected to see us in 5th and the West Ham fans pointed out he had no plan B etc. Some of the decisions he has made we have questioned, but throughout the season he has overcome obstacles. I like Pards and the way he is allowing lads to have a fair crack at the whip. I would be gutted to see him go.

Class Liverpool fan on the radio this morning saying they shouldn't of sacked Kenny for another 12 months because then 'Guardiola will be free.' Magic. :lol:

Hes free now isnt he?

He only ever signed a 12month contract anyways

Dont Ashley and Llambias have Pardew's kids in a wharehouse somwhere making him work for a fiver a week? Obviously if he goes that's his kids done for.

I'm unsure whether you meant to write 'warehouse' or 'whorehouse'. Hopefully the former.

Hes free now isnt he?

suppose he was going under the assumption that Pep is taking a year off out of the game and will then come back to manage them. Which of course is bonkers.

Hes free now isnt he?

Nah, he's said he's taking 12 months off. Although the press are still linking him with the Chelsea job, obviously the statement 'I am definitively taking at least 12 months off' was too cryptic for them to understand.

Funny how he got sacked after flying to the US to meet with them. I imagine he probably submitted his transfer targets which were a list of young English players he reckoned the club should wank £30m + each on.

Nah, he's said he's taking 12 months off. Although the press are still linking him with the Chelsea job, obviously the statement 'I am definitively taking at least 12 months off' was too cryptic for them to understand.

OR the press realise that ££ means a lot in football.

Funny how he got sacked after flying to the US to meet with them. I imagine he probably submitted his transfer targets which were a list of young English players he reckoned the club should wank £30m + each on.

Jimmy Perch and Mike Williamson tbh.