Euro 2012 Catch-all Thread

Aye I was in the toon watching that. Me mate had £20 on Holland HT/Czech Rep FT, and I never even got an extra pint off the cunt, despite him winning best part of £600! 2-3 I think it was.

:lol: What a tight bastard.

As for Germany, they will bring out the krutzeinsgrappen when they need it in my opinion. They can turn nasty when they need to.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone remember Czech Rep vs Dutch? Was it 3-3 or 4-3, cracking game. Nedved is one of my all time favourite players.

class as you say...the Euros always seem to have better games than the WC....the Portugal v France semi in 2000 is one of the greatest games I've ever seen in my life...in fact thats the best tournament I've seen full stop.

Germany will be far from shite imo

Portugal should be no where near 10/3 to beat them imo. Then they face Holland who individually are better in my view. Will be the best group by a mile. On paper one of the best groups in living memory. Germany are as mentally strong as any country, we know that, it's because they're brought up like robots, they're a robotic nation as Parky regularly confirms. They don't show emotion they just do it, and that's it. However their recent games against France, Ukraine and in particular conceding five against Switzerland show any side if you have a go at them you can do what you like. They have the players to play counter attacking superbly though as we know as well as anyone. That group could go any way, I think Portugal and Holland will get through though.

I went to Euro 2000, and I saw England 2 Portugal 3 in Eindhoven, what a fucking exhibition Figo and Nuno Gomes gave that night. We could've been 4-0 up at one point, but even in between our goals they were all over us.

I enjoy the Euro's as much as the World Cup me like, better quality games generally. We do Asia a favour really letting them play in the World Cup.

Think we need 2 draws and a win. Tricky group iyam. The German side are tense as everyone here expects them to win it.

What was their explanation for losing to France, conceding three against Ukraine, and five against Switzerland recently then?

What was their explanation for losing to France, conceding three against Ukraine, and five against Switzerland recently then?

220px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_137-049535%2C_Anschlu%C3%9F_sudetendeutscher_Gebiete.jpg

Edited by Park Life

you've beaten sweden once in the last 13 attempts and that was only the other week.

you've beaten sweden once in the last 13 attempts and that was only the other week.

Aye I donno if you've been supporting the toon long enough to remember this Ant, but Newcastle had a very similar problem with Southampton too which we overcame eventually.

Would you not be better just giving that to charity though? You're betting on something that's only happened once against England in a competitive game on foreign soil in 140 years of football history.

Speaking of giving to charity...?

:lol:

claws_out.jpg

Stevie testing his blades there

:lol:

Euro 2012 Football Focus on BBC1 right now, Rooney talking to Shearer, Sheva, looks a canny show up to now.

This is the first time ever, no one expects us to do anything at all. I think we'll be hard to beat, they're all Premiership players and if we were another country we'd probably be saying, they're not great, no flair, but fuck me they're no mugs and it's true. Four 1-0 wins out of five.

I reckon we'll get beat off France (quite narrowly though) and we'll have similar performances to Belgium against the other two. Like everything in England, we're either the best team since 66 or the shittest thing since Derby 07/08. Like you say, we're organised and defensively quite strong, we'll be hard to beat.

Platini saying it's nowt to do with him if the tournament turns into a racism filled disaster, and also that players will be booked if they walk off due to racist abuse.

What an absolute Cath word.

Good luck to you all but personally I'd be gutted if a team with the likes of Downing and Henderson in it won anything. Just wouldn't be right. Notwithstanding Lollerpool did win the Carling Cup with those two in it so who knows :lol:

Platini saying it's nowt to do with him if the tournament turns into a racism filled disaster, and also that players will be booked if they walk off due to racist abuse.

What an absolute Cath word.

He also said refs have the power to stop a game if there's racial abuse, can be the only way tbh. Black player who's team is down 2-0 with 10 minutes left walk off stating racial abuse, it has to be left to the ref.

It's all a bit messy tbh. Not sure what "stopping the game" means in real terms, finish at whatever score it was at the time?, empty the stadium and restart? couldn't do replays.

Ukraine take the lead, monkey chants (or suchlike) start, what's the ref to do ????

He also said refs have the power to stop a game if there's racial abuse, can be the only way tbh. Black player who's team is down 2-0 with 10 minutes left walk off stating racial abuse, it has to be left to the ref.

It's all a bit messy tbh. Not sure what "stopping the game" means in real terms, finish at whatever score it was at the time?, empty the stadium and restart? couldn't do replays.

Ukraine take the lead, monkey chants (or suchlike) start, what's the ref to do ????

I suppose, but he could have gone about it in a way where he didn't threaten players with disciplinary action for standing up to racists