Chris Moyles quite Radio 1 breakfast show

ajax_andy

Steve Wright's original Radio 1 "posse" was a work of genius as it was the original one. All those freaks in one studio & all the characters calling in...fuckin great iyam :)

His Radio 2 show is horrific and mostly pre-recorded.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hallelujah! They should put him and his merry band of wankers on some 'out of the way' station, rename it the cunt channel and charge anyone sad enough to actually want to listen to his irrelevant guff. Proceeds from this system can go towards paying slaves to hold my smug grin in place.

If I seem bitter it's because the Mrs likes to listen to Radio 1 on the way to work in the morning.

The only thing I know Moyles from was that first appearance he did on Buzzcocks years ago when Lammar was still host and he came of as an utter cock-end - never been interested in him since and I presume he's fucking off somewhere to die.

I've never listened to Radio one since Mark and Lard did the breakfast years ago and now only listen to XFM.

His Radio 2 show is horrific and mostly pre-recorded.

Can't disagree with that.....in his day though I think he was very original, pity his day was 30 years ago. I don't think any of us are the people we were 30 years ago...I was 12, so thats good :D

Can't disagree with that.....in his day though I think he was very original, pity his day was 30 years ago. I don't think any of us are the people we were 30 years ago...I was 12, so thats good :D

I remember there being some great 'sketch characters' that used to be on .

"Billy & Dave" being one iirc . Cockney spoof combo that came out with some funny stuff .

Chris Evans had 'Dr Bongo' in a similar role when he started on Virgin radio that was always worth a listen

The only thing I know Moyles from was that first appearance he did on Buzzcocks years ago when Lammar was still host and he came of as an utter cock-end - never been interested in him since and I presume he's fucking off somewhere to die.

I've never listened to Radio one since Mark and Lard did the breakfast years ago and now only listen to XFM.

That was one of " those" TV moments which were a sheer pleasure to watch.

Mike Read has written about article in the Guardian about this. Well it's half about this and half about how great he (Read) is. :lol:

Worth reading just for the comments section.

mikereid1.jpg

"Furthermore, Moyles is to radio what Chiles is to.......Am I going too fast?"

Meanwhile at Guardian HQ......

202738947_640.jpg

"Yeah, Mike, can you go a bit slower, cheers."

I quite liked him a few years back when he was a lot more rude to morons who used to ring up. He was obviously told to tone down his act. Aled is a complete bell-whiff though. How he got a producers job at the BBC baffles me.

Thats it for Radio 1 for me. I'm officially too old for that station now.

I think he's shite and went off him years ago, but when I have had Radio One on the rest of the presenters have sounded utterly unremarkable, souless clones. Very little personality. I hated Scott Mills too but again put him up against Gregg James or Fearne Cotton and he's absolutely brimming with personality. If I've not got 6 Music on i don't mind a bit of any of the Absolute stations. They that "no repeat" thing where they won't play the same song twice through the daytime, which is pretty appealing.

• 3 years later...

Part of the re-branding of xfm...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a667128/chris-moyles-announces-he-is-the-new-radio-x-breakfast-show-presenter.html#~pnzINdWaU4j2FC

it was sort of "bbc6 music-lite"....which I expect he could go with but its not exactly got a national profile...he'll be a bit like Alan Partridge tucked away on North Norfolk Digital...

Which radio stations do people listen to? In the morning or whenever.

I used to flit between Radio 1, 2 and 4. But now it's 6 Music from 7-4 (Can't abide Steve Lamaq and his constant references to working at the NME). Never been able to put up with fucking adverts and Smashy and Nicey shit on commercial stations.