Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 out of 9 100m finalist were Gay.

On another note, not one single person from the mens & womens 100 mtere final was white. I find that quite interesting. Is it just a coincidence or is there some sort of physiological reason why or a social reason (and no, I dont mean they are quicker at running from crimes)

The only athelete not to run under 10 secs last not was Asafa Powell, and he pulled up. The four who finished 2nd-5th all ran personal best times for the event, buit were still not able to get close to Bolt.

They reckon in the West African genes/body/bone structure that is partucularly suited to sprinting...same as its the West Africans' make up that makes them good at distance races (Mo Farah is from Somalia). You dont see many top class black swimmers mind...not sure why that is...

The only athelete not to run under 10 secs last not was Asafa Powell, and he pulled up. The four who finished 2nd-5th all ran personal best times for the event, buit were still not able to get close to Bolt.

They reckon in the West African genes/body/bone structure that is partucularly suited to sprinting...same as its the West Africans' make up that makes them good at distance races (Mo Farah is from Somalia). You dont see many top class black swimmers mind...not sure why that is...

But none of the sprinters in the final were West African?

That BBC Wanker was gutted that Powell messed up his timing all to run under 10 seconds.

public-swimming-pool.jpg

Glad to hear Jonathan Edwards has stopped god bothering. Didn't realise his mental health was improved.

He was reasonably vocal with a "I can't believe how daft I was" type article I think.

He was reasonably vocal with a "I can't believe how daft I was" type article I think.

He was just on a vt package on the BBC which had a load of gold winners talking about the belief that you have to have. Interesting because he realises the belief he had was so closely tied to god, and now he looks back and thinks it was that belief that spurred him, (along with the hard work) to victory, rather than any innate talent. First time I'd heard that he was now a non-believer.

The others were talking more about their belief in themselves rather than religion.

Education of Team GB is a hot issue - at the beginning of August British Olympic Association chair Lord Moynihan said it was "wholly unacceptable" that half of Team GB's gold medallists in Beijing four years ago were privately educated. It's at an early stage but the odds appear to have improved: so far 32% of Team GB's medals are from privately educated athletes.

From todays Guardian

I went to the National Road Race a couple of months back and it was at the grounds of Amplethorpe College where Lawerance Dalligio was taught. Its not a suprise, the facilities there were amazing, but at £20k a year they should be.

My lass' mum works at Milford in Somerset (very, very expensive school - Nic Cage's kids go there) and they've been trying to get planning permission to build a bobsleigh run!

Shouldn't be too expensive

05coolrunnings_ringsblog-blogSpan.jpg

I went to the National Road Race a couple of months back and it was at the grounds of Amplethorpe College where Lawerance Dalligio was taught. Its not a suprise, the facilities there were amazing, but at £20k a year they should be.

Do you mean Ampleforth? It's a private school run by Benedictine monks in N. Yorks. I know a few priests that were taught there, including Basil Hume and 2 of the Bishops of Hexham and Newcastle. It's a stunning place with stunning fees, as you say!

Just reminded me of Benedictine. Discovered that when I was in my teens on ferry trips across to Germany. Not drank it for ages like. Its lush :D