Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's Denise Lewis to put a big fucking pin of tedium in the fun bubble, the boring cow.

The athletics with her and Colin Jackson let down the general high standard of punditry.....oh and Cavendish.

Repeating "incredible" doesn't pass for insight or capturing the mood.

Get Stewart Hall in.

@TheRealEboue: Welldone Jessica enis . You are more than a woman . You are a golden woman. You have a better body that @piersmorgan & @Lord_Sugar

:lol: :lol: :lol: He's crackers.

Well Bonamental's had a canny night. :lol:

he has hasn't he :lol: if you're going for one day...

Rutherford then :lol: good lad

:D

Haven't I fucking just!? Wow. Just wow. Can barely speak, absolutely knackered, sunburnt, but that was incredible! Can't believe we were there for that! Immense night.

Haven't I fucking just!? Wow. Just wow. Can barely speak, absolutely knackered, sunburnt, but that was incredible! Can't believe we were there for that! Immense night.

Dead chuffed for you! Meanwhile I was in a gay bar where everybody actually cared about sports all night long. That's surely at least as much of an achievement. :first:

Dead chuffed for you! Meanwhile I was in a gay bar where everybody actually cared about sports all night long. That's surely at least as much of an achievement. :first:

:lol:

Coe presented the gold to Ennis. Got a big cheer as well.

And you might not have even got the medal ceremony tonight if they hadn't sorted out the issue over the German girl's disqualification. Protest, counter-protest, all very dramatic behind the scenes apparently.

I just wish we had a better national anthem. Hell, longer would be a start :D

It was a bit strange. They said early on that the ceremony would happen tonight, so when the screens showed "medal ceremony" after the 100m final, everyone started cheering, only for it to be announced it was the women's discus final and there was a huge groan and then laughter.

Ben Sheppard was "presenting" to the crowd before and after, so he explained what was going on. Fair number of people had left before that though, which just seems odd to me. It was only about an extra 20mins after the 100m finished, can't imagine they'd have avoided that much of a queue to get out.