Official Olympics 2012 Thread

catmag

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone totally bricking it that the closing ceremony is going to be fucking awful? :lol:

Spice Girls are involved, so it's a possibility.

However, it doesn't matter how bad the closing ceremony is. As a spectacle it'll be remembered for the opening ceremony and then for the absolutely amazing nature of the games themselves. Rumour is that they're found Kate Bush in her reclusive state and have persuaded her to partake. George Michael, Jessie J and the Pet Shop Boys also apparently part of the Brit-pop finale.

That was immense last night. Farah hitting the front and just holding off everybody two weeks in a row, I was convinced the Ethiopian lad was gonna catch him on the home straight, then he seemed to kick again.

Fair play to Steve Cram btw. He's turned into a genuinely very good commentator, particularly in a race like that and last weeks 10k where it's obviously something close to his heart.

I was made up for Daley too, and it was class to see someone ecstatic with his medal. Hopefully he can go one or two better next time.

Fucking gutted that this thing is finishing today. Let's just do it all again ffs.

As someone said earlier, Sports Personality of the Year should be interesting this year for once.

Before the Olympics I thought the fella from Belgium Bradley Wiggins would win it, now I think the Muslim Mo Farah will win it just for the PC correct wankers.

Before the Olympics I thought the fella from Belgium Bradley Wiggins would win it, now I think the Muslim Mo Farah will win it just for the PC correct wankers.

Fucking hell, you'd think a devout Muslim proud to be British winning two gold medals would be hailed as a fantastic success of a multicultural and integrated Britain instead of something to moan about. You can add Renton's unhappiness at seeing Mo's pray to Mecca in with that as well.

Fucking hell, you'd think a devout Muslim proud to be British winning two gold medals would be hailed as a fantastic success of a multicultural and integrated Britain instead of something to moan about. You can add Renton's unhappiness at seeing Mo's pray to Mecca in with that as well.

Was he being serious? I thought it was a joke.

Of course he may have been putting praying to mecca in the same box as the footballers (or whomever) who thank God for their success.

Edited by The Fish

Are you for real?

I ask because your avatar displays an image of a devout Muslim.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Are you for real?

I ask because your avatar displays an image of a devout Muslim.

Or a WUM?

Edit: That's weird, I quoted MT's post and it's presented, what I'm assuming, is his original text.

Edited by The Fish

Was he being serious? I thought it was a joke.

Of course he may have been putting praying to mecca in the same box as the footballers (or whomever) who thank God for their success.

I was as it happens. Knew I shouldn't have posted it but I just find the idea that bowing in submission to a sky fairy immediately after the race for his success didnt feel right. He should credit himself for what was an amazing performance, no one else.

I know footballers often cross themselves after scoring, but it's the action of utter submission that Muslims do that I don't like. But the guys clearly a top bloke, I just don't like his religion. Sorry.

I was as it happens. Knew I shouldn't have posted it but I just find the idea that bowing in submission to a sky fairy immediately after the race for his success didnt feel right. He should credit himself for what was an amazing performance, no one else.

I know footballers often cross themselves after scoring, but it's the action of utter submission that Muslims do that I don't like. But the guys clearly a top bloke, I just don't like his religion. Sorry.

How nice.

How nice.

There's loads of elements of faith I don't feel comfortable being displayed in public. I realise at least that's my problem, no one else's. Don't feel like I need to be patronised by you though.