Newcastle sign four year shirt deal with ''Wonga''

Holden McGroin

• Replies 807
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

those ones are the worst like see them far more often on the tv games and just hideous

Aye really hope someone does away with those. Advertisement can be done with style, those are just plain ugly.

I don't think the brand image of the club outside the region is that far away from brand identities of those two tbf. Not the same certainly but closer to that end of the scale than Louis Vuitton etc. I think Wonga denigrates the club but its not as if we are an aspirational lifestyle brand.

I don't think the brand image of the club outside the region is that far away from brand identities of those two tbf. Not the same certainly but closer to that end of the scale than Louis Vuitton etc. I think Wonga denigrates the club but its not as if we are an aspirational lifestyle brand.

you say that but...

louis-vuitton-house.jpg

Edited by Dr Gloom

And the ones in the dugouts, on the side of the pitch, the hoardings in the stands ........

..... Essentially , unless they've paid the going rate, I'd like to see SD advertising booted into touch.

Won't happen.

And the ones in the dugouts, on the side of the pitch, the hoardings in the stands ........

..... Essentially , unless they've paid the going rate, I'd like to see SD advertising booted into touch.

Won't happen.

At least having sponsorship there isn't that unusual.

Newcastle United FC ‏@NUFCOfficial

New Club sponsors wonga.com have chosen to return the Gallowgate roof to its former state, painting over the Sports Direct logo

So will the sportsdirect and puma signs go down as well as it was in it's 'former state'?

SAM_0504.JPG

to....

Newcastle%20United%20-%20Gollowgate%20End%20Full.JPG

• 3 years later...

Contract to end when due to end exclusive.

Fair do's to them like, be happy if they get a more appropriate sponsor. If they really want to get fans on side though, they'll vastly reduce the Sport's direct signage.

Don't think many would complain if it was on the big screen & Pitchside electronic boards along with others.