sunderland v Newcastle United (a) 21/10/2012

The Fish

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Talking of which...

http://www.independe...rt-8219010.html

"Some of my staff are ready to pull down walls," said Alan Pardew, the Newcastle manager, yesterday – and his was the voice of sanity. Tempering a Tyne-Wear derby is not easy, and perhaps his chief wall-feller was Steven Taylor.

The defender, now 27, has had this fixture in his heart since he was a boy in Whitley Bay. Some of what follows was said in jest, some was not; his words are sure, however, to crank up the intensity level a notch before tomorrow's game between Sunderland and Newcastle at the Stadium of Light.

Asked if he would ever consider playing for Sunderland, Taylor said: "I would rather go and collect stamps than stick on that shirt!

"I have not got any friends who are Sunderland fans. As for the players, I am friendly with one or two of them from the [England] Under-21s but that was before they signed for Sunderland.

"When I am warming up their fans have their veins popping out of their necks. It is like I have done something to their family or something. Even when I was just starting out I have always enjoyed that hostility, getting abuse off their fans. It doesn't bother me that much. I like that sort of thing. It won't upset me one bit."

Taylor was then asked if he would take any Sunderland players into the Newcastle team. "No," he said. "Even last year the gaffer said it, he has our team above Sunderland. That is the quality we possess. It is all very well having that but we have to go out and deliver that.

"The foreign lads have bought into everything. I was a bit nervous last year because I didn't know if they would adjust to it. This year it doesn't need introducing to anyone. Last season a few of the local lads, myself, Shola [Ameobi] and Harps [steve Harper] went around explaining it to them. All people are worried about this year is if they have any niggles. The gaffer has a few selection headaches because we have a full squad raring to go."

As an aside, can't believe he's already 27.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

why do mags say that? you are not barcelona you know! you have won precisely FUCK ALL!!!!

It's quite clear that this game means more to Sunderland than it does to Newcastle, as at present you are clearly the lesser club. There's not a single football fan outside of Sunderland that would argue this point with a straight face.

What do Barca have to do with anything? :lol:

I have an awful feeling we will lose 1 - 0 just think we have not played well in the league yet and Pardew refuses to play our in form players in our best formation.

Most teams haven't played that well, including Sunderland, so it's not as if we are on our own in that department.

We will win the game 2-1 or maybe 3-1. Think positive man.

Tyne Wear derby just been panned by Steve Nicol on espn. Doesn't compare to Mersey derby apparently. How many Newcastle v Sunderland games has he been at? Also, how many other derbies have been questioned for their importance or is it just us. Nicol compared it to Norwich v Ipswich. :lol:

2i9348y.jpg

gan on all night this :)

That picture was taken in the blue monkey in Sunderland you meff. You have to look yourself in the mirror and admit Newcastle women are far far far superior to mackem women. It's genetic. I used to work in Sunderland and odd times I turned out in the "tewn", I used to think Holland must be playing the neet with the amount of orange face paint on the women. There literally is nothing Sunderland can take the piss out of Newcastle for we can't return 100 fold.

Steve Nichol is a cunt. If we get beat tomorrow and one their players says that what Steven Taylor is quoted as saying in todays mirror motivated them then that will make him one too...whether its true that Adam Johnson would only make our reserves or not you don't say it to a reporter the day before the game...