If we were to sign 2 players in January

Andrew

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumour is that Chelsea want Demba Ba as a replacement for Daniel Sturridge. I would hope that if Chelsea made an approach, that Newcastle ask for a like-for-like swap for Sturridge. We can offer him 1st team football and hopefully Europe still next season. Only stumbling block would be wages, but didn't he already say he would take a pay cut if necessary?

Thoughts?

Rumour is that Chelsea want Demba Ba as a replacement for Daniel Sturridge. I would hope that if Chelsea made an approach, that Newcastle ask for a like-for-like swap for Sturridge. We can offer him 1st team football and hopefully Europe still next season. Only stumbling block would be wages, but didn't he already say he would take a pay cut if necessary?

Thoughts?

Whilst Sturridge would be a good signing, Demba Ba is irreplaceable in this team at the moment. Sturridge is more about pace than power and strength like Ba.

As an all round striker Ba is a terrific player imo.

Whilst Sturridge would be a good signing, Demba Ba is irreplaceable in this team at the moment. Sturridge is more about pace than power and strength like Ba.

As an all round striker Ba is a terrific player imo.

Worth a straight swap though for something we don't have up front? A younger player who could be worth more in the future

He would suit playing with either. But Cisse and Ba both want to score, hence either one scores in a game but not both in the same game

I think he would be worth a shot. Ba seems nailed on to leave, might as well be for a £15 mil England striker who is still very young

Bu hool or by crook, we should get Debuchy. He is quick, strong and versatile. He is also a proven international and isnt overly priced.

I love Demba and rather than go and spend millions on his replacement, give him a contract good enough to keep him.

Bu hool or by crook, we should get Debuchy. He is quick, strong and versatile. He is also a proven international and isnt overly priced.

I love Demba and rather than go and spend millions on his replacement, give him a contract good enough to keep him.

No.

Let him go. Trying to fit him into the 4231 system is a problem. Replace him and get Debuchy and a young prospect...Pardew mention a "young serbian" in his interview.

Sturridge looked absolute shite yesterday against Spuds. He was slow, could not pass accurately over 5 yards and almost gifted them an opportunity.

Yeah he scored a goal but it was just pure luck of being in the right place, Torres was waiting in the wings and would have had it anyway.

We should be pulling out all reasonable stops to secure Ba and if he's not interested in staying, then we should be looking for a right or left forward so we can revert back to the 4-3-3 that the team plays so effectively and not worrying about player's egos/demands on where they want to play.

• 3 weeks later...

Quoted in French newspaper L'Equipe on Tuesday, Lille right back Mathieu Debuchy has been talking about his abortive move to Tyneside in the summer - and how he doesn't anticipate a mid-season switch:

"I fought to go to Newcastle, but the President (of Lille, Michel Seydou) didn't want it. I didn't want to end up in conflict..."

"Yes I was disappointed - I hope that there will be other opportunities.

Asked if the deal could be revived in the January transfer window, Debuchy (who is under contract until 2015) said:

"The moment has gone, I'm now 200% committed to Lille. I don't want to leave for the sake of it, I really wanted to go to Newcastle - next year it isn't certain that I'll go

Quoted in French newspaper L'Equipe on Tuesday, Lille right back Mathieu Debuchy has been talking about his abortive move to Tyneside in the summer - and how he doesn't anticipate a mid-season switch:

"I fought to go to Newcastle, but the President (of Lille, Michel Seydou) didn't want it. I didn't want to end up in conflict..."

"Yes I was disappointed - I hope that there will be other opportunities.

Asked if the deal could be revived in the January transfer window, Debuchy (who is under contract until 2015) said:

"The moment has gone, I'm now 200% committed to Lille. I don't want to leave for the sake of it, I really wanted to go to Newcastle - next year it isn't certain that I'll go

:cry: