Newcastle Utd vs West Brom

Aeris

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My river went out in the fucking 86th :crying: . Ended up watching the last 6 just tick over on livescore :lol:, still delighted though regardless of the fact it wasn't deserved. What was the goal like?

Sammys assist was alright :D

My river went out in the fucking 86th :crying: . Ended up watching the last 6 just tick over on livescore :lol:, still delighted though regardless of the fact it wasn't deserved. What was the goal like?

Screamer from 18yards.

I'll gladly take the 3 points but we didn't deserve them after such an incompetant second half.

It looked like the first-half team had stayed in the dressing room and their counterparts were awful.

Ben Arfa went on a determined run through the middle and was fouled, ref allowed play to continue with the ball going to Sammy. He took a touch then a wild shot from distance... It was off target and swinging away but it took a deflection off Cisse's back and bounced across the line with Foster stranded.

Last 11-12 years only, so seen my fair share of bad performances :P

Absolute shocker from Cabaye. HBA pretty poor as well. Pards needs to go right back to the drawing board but nothing is clicking. Its not the start of the season anymore for crying out loud.

So you saw us get relegated only 3 years ago then? was today as bad as a two dozen games that season?....we've got Europe this season, an owner who signed nobody and as youve said one or two who arent playing as they were after January last season. . We were iffy till early spring if you remember then we went on a good run. We'll see what the window brings and how we go in the cup. We were shite today and West Brom were unlucky, but some perspective is needed.

How we won that I don't know but we did and that's what counts.

It just goes to show how weird football games can get when the only team looking like they were gonna sneak it was W.B.A and lady luck has to smile down on you, but she smiled on us and 3 points in the bag.

Our performance in the second half was as sloppy as I've seen us,

W.B.A are a good team but at times we made them look like Barcelona by allowing them too much time on the ball at times.

As they say though, it's about who puts the ball in the net that decides games and we did it twice to their 1.

Best 4 for us today were Krul, Santon and Ben Arfa, plus Colo used a cool head.

Hats off to Krul who kept us in the game so I'm giving him man of the match.

Edited by wolfy

Just to clarify something.

We aren't playing very well in games, yet we are 4 points off a champions league place.

Yes I know it's daft to look at it like that after 9 games but if we can be in this position after playing badly, Imagine what we can do when we are firing on all cylinders.

So you saw us get relegated only 3 years ago then? was today as bad as a two dozen games that season?....we've got Europe this season, an owner who signed nobody and as youve said one or two who arent playing as they were after January last season. . We were iffy till early spring if you remember then we went on a good run. We'll see what the window brings and how we go in the cup. We were shite today and West Brom were unlucky, but some perspective is needed.

It certainly reminded me of those times! Im not calling for anyone head's like. Im just saying it was really really crappy! And it was! We couldnt string two passes together!

Cabaye and co are bloody legends for what they did last season, but they really need to sort themselves out because a few games have gone by now and we've been utter shite!

Just to clarify something.

We aren't playing very well in games, yet we are 4 points off a champions league place.

Yes I know it's daft to look at it like that after 9 games but if we can be in this position after playing badly, Imagine what we can do when we are firing on all cylinders.

Sign of a good team that dont they say. We have the likes of Ba, Cisse, HBA to rescue us on bad days and thats priceless.

It certainly reminded me of those times! Im not calling for anyone head's like. Im just saying it was really really crappy! And it was! We couldnt string two passes together!

Cabaye and co are bloody legends for what they did last season, but they really need to sort themselves out because a few games have gone by now and we've been utter shite!

err...what about the rest of what I said?...does none of that come into it and you just feel the players "really need to sort themselves out" ?......best to judge the season as a whole and not just on a bad trot of games. We've not performed to the standards we set last spring, thats for sure. Did we play better or worse today than we did when Brighton put us out of the cup last season?...fuckin Brighton man! Today wasnt great but this season still holds a lot of promise, theres no need for kneejerking iyam. West Brom are decent, but they couldnt finish us off despite us being shite.

Utter utter shite. I think Pards must've been on the LSD last night, it summed up Pards poor selection, that Shola (?!?) in a right back position played their centre forward onside for the goal. Fucking woeful. We are so lucky. So, so, so lucky, but I don't feel guilty. Perch in midfield man, how many sides will we play where we "dominate the midfield" with that League One standard plodder there. Nee wonder at times we were reduced to long ball in the first half.