Pardew's excuses

DubiousBobcat

Why would the players want to go though another season fighting tooth and nail to finish as high up in the league as they can, in the hope that the club pushes forward like last season, only to be let down again when there was no reward in putting those performances in last season, when no real improvement was made in the summer?

Professionalism or self-respect perhaps :whistling:

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the way last season "we over performed" yet this season "it's Ashleys fault".

Could it not be we are under performing? :lol:

I don't know how you dare have a go at anyone for not being able to reconcile their opinions last season with this season. In the space of about 10 games, Pardew has gone from the best thing since sliced bread, to utterly clueless in your constantly u-turning mind.

The problem is that virtually every Newcastle fan wants stability but so far this season Pardew is looking clueless.

Bottom line for me is that if we can get better then lets get better.

And we cant so thats that conversation over.

Seriously though, he came in and took us into Europe, had us playing canny (Im not going to say great) football and competing with the best in the league. This season we've been found out and look fairly clueless as to how to change, so frankly the two equal out and hes got a clean slate to turn it round as far as Im concerned.

The big question comes in January, how will Pardew sort this because it clearly needs the chequebook out and some serious strengthening.Will he be allowed to or will we insist on buying bargains and untested Frenchmen? which at this point in a dangerous season we do not need.

Failing to grasp the opportunity to improve the squd from a position of strength when players would WANT to come could bite us on the arse again. If we are in a relegation battle cone January it'll be a lower calibre of player willing to join than there was in the summer.

In the space of about 10 games, Pardew has gone from the best thing since sliced bread, to utterly clueless in your constantly u-turning mind.

Well enlighten us oh wise one with your opinion.

Are you saying we stick with him regardless? Another 3 games? Another 5?

Into the championship?

Well enlighten us oh wise one with your opinion.

Are you saying we stick with him regardless? Another 3 games? Another 5?

Into the championship?

You give him a good crack at turning it around, yes. Pretty fucking obvious really. Clearly you don't stick with ANYONE 'regardless', but assuming we can steer away from a genuine relegation battle (by which I mean getting stuck in the relegation zone at any point), then you stick it out with him and let him start next season. What you don't do is get 10 games (to be honest it might have been even sooner than 10 games when you carried out your latest u-turn) into a season and decide that the bloke who finished 5th last season is completely shit and its time to start thinking about replacing him.

Do you seriously not realise how stupid you look completely turning on a bloke that you had down as a fucking genius 10 games earlier? Christ, I remember you listening to interviews that the bloke gave and coming on here still flush from the wank you'd just had, and now this!?

:lol: being good at interviews does not equate to a great manager.

I thought he did well last year but now everyone is telling me it wasn't him it was.....

Hughtons team spirit

Carrs signings

Etc

We over achieved you all say

You can't have it both ways. If the above is true and he over achieved then he deserves less of a chance had the 5th place finish been down to him.

You seem to want to have your cake and eat it. (normally a pastime I'm all in favour of).

We should be third bottom today.

I have said several times its not the time for him to go just yet (unless a top candidate replaced him), but he is certainly tying his horse up outside the last chance saloon.

Anyway I have my soirée to prepare for.

Sacking the manager of the last season after a poor run of games would be completely wrong. Moyes would've been out on his arse long ago taking the same approach.

Exactly. Stability ffs.

Pardew proved last year that he can get the best out of this squad. Injuries and fixture conjestion are going to hurt any side. We need more players but we knew that before and that we don't have a bigger squad isn't Pardew's fault. Everyone needs to take a deep breath. This season is going to be a struggle for sure but that's no reason to make things worse by sacking the manager on a whim.

Seriously, look at the caliber of poster on here that is calling for Pardew's head. That pretty much sums it up. People are fickle. Throw in a healthy dose of stupidity and that lack of attention span is compounded by the perpetual confusion these people walk around with. There you have it, the reason why the dullards want Pardew out.

The game has become so fickle. Im as pissed about anyone about the last few games but calling for the manager's head..... :rolleyes:

Get used to mid table struggles while the Fat One reigns supreme here, or wish he miraculously develops a bit of ambition for us to kick on after having a decent season like the last one.

Edited by aimaad22

CT you sound like your opinion is based on what others tell you, you're turning into wormy here.

Not at all, Im simply saying I call it as I see it.

The ones on here who are bleating that we over achieved last season and it was more down to luck / Hughton / Carr etc cant now cry crocodile tears for the great manager that got us 5th.

All the best will for Pardew to get it right, stability etc etc which is all good, cant get in the way of the facts.

And the facts are simple, we are heading for trap door very fast.

I would much rather Captain Pardew gets it right and turns it around, but if he doesnt then I would rather someone else gets a chance to keep us up.

The only difference I see is the time people want to give him. LBT and a few others want him gone now, Im getting pretty close and others are being cagey and saying sometime.

Those that think we should soldier on regardless if we go down are mad imo.

The game has become so fickle. Im as pissed about anyone about the last few games but calling for the manager's head..... :rolleyes:

Get used to mid table struggles while the Fat One reigns supreme here, or wish he miraculously develops a bit of ambition for us to kick on after having a decent season like the last one.

But we are not in a mid table struggle, we are in a relegation battle :rolleyes:

Ironically enough, I was on twitter today discussing alternative views with a bloke on there, in reaction to another guy stating Joe Kinnear was a better Ashley appointment than Keegan was. It got me thinking why people look for these alternative views. My opinion is that they look for them because it makes them appear different, it makes them (in their opinion) look more interesting. People who support Ashley, including one of my best friends, almost always fall in to this category. Anyway another lads take on people who look for these alternative views was people have them because they feel worthless when everyone thinks the same way, so many HAVE to contrive something new to make themselves feel comfortable about who they are.

I'll remind people that our manager is the current Barclays Premier League Manager of the Season. The only manager in the last 10 years to win it who came outside the top 2. His achievement of coming 5th (while I think we were lucky) noted because of his work shopping at Aldi rather than Harrods like the clubs above us and just below us last season. Ashley deserves NO credit for last season, we still haven't spent the money we generated in 2010/2011 man, the job Pardew did in terms of where we finished with the meagre amounts he had to spend and the average squad we already had was quite astonishing.

It's amazing people who watch football year in year out yet still don't understand the game. There are very very few things in football more important than the M word. Momentum. Last season we started it thinking aye mid table will do with this fat cunt spending next to fuck all yet again, but we got to game 11, and we had a look around, and thought fuck me we've got 25 points from 11 games and we're second. We kept on just quietly getting results, 3-1 at Stoke, draws at Man Utd, and it set us up for the whole season. It's not because we were playing brilliant, we haven't got a good enough side and squad to play brilliantly and that is NOT Pardew's fault, it's because we had a good little spirit in the team, and looked like a side while not being brilliant who knew exactly how to get results.

This season though there is no momentum, there is none. Pardew is not a miracle worker, we've been desperately unlucky with injuries, there aren't too many games where he's been able to field the same team twice, in a tired squad bereft of confidence, yet all of this is Pardew's fault??!?! FUCK OFF! The blame lies squarely as that potential heart attack victim cunt. The money is there, we needed three players with our additional Europa League campaign not to mention the fact that the money is there, but they just won't fucking spend it. The Debuchy deal sums it all up. We're not talking about Deportivo wanting £11m for Luque after accepting £7m and FFS bending over backwards. They wanted £6m for the best right back at Euro 2012 (imo) and Llambias turns round and says "deaw off we fort it was 6 miww in eurows" fuckin cunts. You could feel it just before the transfer window closed, and certainly just after it, that the momentum was lost for this season certainly, that is not Pardew's fault, he isn't doing anything different, we'll battle on and come 12th like I said, will be an up and down season, but people questioning his position should never go to a game ever again. David Moyes came 4th with the blue dippers, the next season they come 17th. Everton stood by him, and while in my view they are massive overachievers given their stature, fanbase, and size, he almost single handedly made them an established top 8 club over a whole decade. Pardew can do the same, but he'll have to keep on performing miracles as long as the two FAT BASTARDS are in charge of the club.

:lol:and hate in equal measure.

These idiots shouldn't wind me up, I'm 34 ffs, but some of them believe what they say. "Pardew Out" ffs!

Nah. Sometimes I think you're a bit "wide of the mark" though. Sometimes I even think you're a 'mug'. Occasionally I just think "oh dear" ;)

That's a top post, Stevie.

Spot on with the momentum point - you get the feeling that the entire squad were chomping at having a player like Debuchy sign after he had a storming tournament at the Euros. Cabaye, his best mate convinced him that we were the team to join such that he was going to choose us over Inter Milan :lol:.

I agree with the principle behind not moving the deal through - we were being fucked around by Lille who still hate us for the Cabaye deal (and Cabaye tapping up their player) so Jabba was never going to budge. However when you spend an entire window focusing on one big name transfer and end up with Anita, Amalfitano etc then the entire club will be affected. Now the team is jaded and fucked off because they view (like the most of us) that the club hasn't taken strengthening the team seriously. We're still seeing that now; the morale is at an all time low for this team and Pardew's doing the best he, or any other manager can.

We *might* throw a cheeky bid in for Debuchy again in January but Lille won't be having it, so we'll end up with a third choice for peanuts if we're lucky.

Agree Stevie, calling for his head is a joke. The Mackems are a perfect example of how a new manager gives you a lift for a few weeks and then the same old problems start shining through again. We have 9 or 10 first teamers atm. The clubs around us last season had 16+. The injuries, suspensions and extra games are getting us found out now. I'm still shaking my head at signing a 6mil CM out of all the other positions we could have done strengthening first