Colo Gogo

Banshee

I truly think the wife is unwell story is bullshit to be honest. Wants to go back to his home country and the club his father is a massive part of. Which is fair enough. Except don't sign a 4 year contract extension 6 months earlier. We do hold all the cards and we need to hold firm here or we set a precedent that will come back to bite us big style.

• Replies 891
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's 31, probably fed up with hollow heads Pards, Llambs and Ash, sees no reason to play for a club which doesn't want anything, and wants to see out his last good years as a footballer with an ambitious club in Argentina where is father, who he loves, plays an important role. THE END

Are San Lorenzo that ambitious? I don't think they've ever been one of the top clubs there and apparently they're skint! I can't see where ambition comes into this. If it does there are surely a lot of other clubs that would want him and be able to pay a reasonable fee.

Are San Lorenzo that ambitious? I don't think they've ever been one of the top clubs there and apparently they're skint! I can't see where ambition comes into this. If it does there are surely a lot of other clubs that would want him and be able to pay a reasonable fee.

Ambition is relative, and the Argentinian Primera División hasn't started yet. If he can help San Lorenzo win the league in Argentina that would surely be a great achievement from Colo's point of view, probably...I mean the alternative is to rot away in a wee club in the N.E.

Edited by Aeris

He's 31, probably fed up with hollow heads Pards, Llambs and Ash, sees no reason to play for a club which doesn't want anything, and wants to see out his last good years as a footballer with an ambitious club in Argentina where is father, who he loves, plays an important role. THE END

Which is fine. He's also under a long contract and we hold his registration. We get the right amount of cash, no problem.

I would think we hold very few cards in the reality of the law.

If he was simply to up and leave then it would be left to a long drawn out international legal battle. Sure we could stop him from playing but that wouldnt help us.

Eventually lawyers would agree a settlement fee, they would take a big cut and everyone would move on.

Very sensible to try and settle it now but very wrong to think we can play hard ball here.

Rubbish. He's our player and we would have a case for San Lorenzo trying to unsettle him. He's here until the for at least another 18 months unless the club decides otherwise.

As I've already said previously. Happened when we signed Jonas, His old club Majorca wouldn't release his because they thought they were owed money from us.

We signed Jonas under the Webster ruling. Under the same law Colo cannot buy out his own contract until two years have passed since the signing of his most recent contract.

Ambition is relative, and the Argentinian Primera División hasn't started yet. If he can help San Lorenzo win the league in Argentina that would surely be a great achievement from Colo's point of view

They're half way through the season and are sitting in 11th place.

Apart from that you're spot on.

They're half way through the season and are sitting in 11th place.

Apart from that you're spot on.

I watched the Torneo final table. Apparently Torneo final is a different tournament than the one they play from august till december. The inicial has ended.

Edited by Aeris

But you don't sign a legally binding contract with a specified duration.

If they let Colo do it, Ben Arfa will go on strike the moment he wants out and so on and so on.

This is the main worry. Colo is clearly going, but we have to make it as hard as possible for him to do so. If this involves a lengthy legal dispute then so be it.

:lol: That doesn't reflect the position on her current season on FM.

I dont really play it much, I just use it to see what the scouts (they are real scouts) thinks of the players skills and stats, so I don't have to go to matches on another continent or find shit streams to get glimpses of what they are like. It's not really that uncommon nowadays, many teams uses it as some sort of database. Solskjær told in a Norwegian sports article he's been using it himself...

Edited by Aeris