Moussa Sissoko signs for Spurs for like £30m or WatEVA

Park Life

Trophy's make a successful club but they don't necessarily make a big club.  Teams like Man Utd, Liverpool (historically at least), Barca, Real, Bayern etc are both.  Monaco and last season Leicester, are both successful but not big.  We're a big club but we've not been successful for 50 years or more.

Players often talk about big clubs but the reality is they're talking about success.  Sissoko wanted to play for a team who are successful so that he can play in the champions league, where he mistakenly thinks he's meant to, and earn more money.  They don't really give a fuck about how many supporters those teams have or how big they are.

Just checked the match report for the Stoke game. No mention of him. Did he even play?

12 minutes at the end in which he did nowt and got booked.

Sort of thing he'll need to get used to

Ah ok. I was hoping he'd played the entire of a 4-0 victory with nothing worthy of mentioning :lol:

We'll see how he gets on I suppose.

I have to say, I have a similar impression of Wijnaldum at Liverpool but I gather he did actually have a good game at the weekend.

I had that match on and I heard the commentator scream "SISSOKO!!!!!!.... Oh that was close", so I watched the replay and all that happened was he went to cut a pass back coming in from the right side of the box and he mis-hit it bad enough that it bounced off the defender and went towards goal. The initial pass was actually away from goal :lol:.

Edited by Howay

Wijanldum's the type of player you could tell had a lot of quality, but disappeared when the going got tough in a poor side. I always thought he could flourish in the right team.

Sissoko, on the other hand, is all pace and power. Other than that Chelsea game he never did anything to make me think he was too good for us.