Moussa Sissoko signs for Spurs for like £30m or WatEVA

Park Life

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/10642548/spurs-issues-laid-bare-in-champions-league-defeat-to-bayer-leverkusen

Moussa Sissoko is currently serving a three-game Premier League suspension for elbowing Bournemouth's Jack Wilshere, and on this evidence he won't be too big a miss against Arsenal. Spurs paid £30m for the France international, but he is yet to register a goal or assist in nine appearances and he endured another difficult night against Bayer Leverkusen. Occasional driving runs through midfield hinted at what he is capable of, but the stats did not make pretty reading.

His 60 per cent passing accuracy was the lowest of any Spurs player, he lost possession more times (31) than any of his team-mates, and he didn't have a shot on target or create any scoring chances. One moment of miscontrol had Pochettino shaking his head on the touchline, and while it's not unusual for new signings to take time to settle, Tottenham's sizeable investment suggests they expected rather more.

:lol:

Imagine if something similar had happened with us and the mackems. They'd be incandescent with rage to this day.

Maybe Spurs are just the London mackems :dunno:

They're complete and utter mackems tbh. Of course they're a well run version but they still have weird chips on their shoulders regarding their better rivals.

Tackle or head a ball and he has no football brain.

Aye those things as well, I don't think he tackles at all or if he does it doesn't resemble tackling, for a bloke built like a brick outhouse he's a right tart.

I honestly don't know why people keep trying to defend him in that Spurs thread, as I say it's not like he's a new comer to the league, he spent 3 years playing shite at us and now he goes there at 27 year old, plays a few shit games and they're going "he'll come good man" :lol: no, no he wont.

I'll admit, they've got him dead on with a couple of their quotes though.

"He just looks like steam train with failed brakes"

"Sissoko looks like a rugby player giving it a go. I panicked and thought there must be a YT reel bigging him up somewhere but worryingly he looks just as terrible in them."

Those rare occasions he looks good: "When he gets a bit of space to get up to speed and runs through players, the ball bouncing about off his shins and insteps, getting the breaks of deflections, he's a glorious sight of mentalness."

I love the arc of that thread

He's going to be fantastic > He'll definitely improve under Poch > He's a decent squad player > He's utter dogshit.

Class.

Levy deserved everything he got with the deal, he's held club's to ransom for many years now, about time he got stung.

My Spurs work colleague, who a few weeks ago was saying he'd rather have sissoko than Townsend, is coming around to our way of thinking. Apparently he had a shocker in the champions league the other night

Imagine if something similar had happened with us and the mackems. They'd be incandescent with rage to this day.

Maybe Spurs are just the London mackems :dunno:

:good:

Spurs: north London mackems

Everton: scouse mackems

Man City: Manc mackems

Pompey: southern mackems

Birmingham city: yamyam mackens

etc etc...

:good:

Spurs: north London mackems

Everton: scouse mackems

Man City: Manc mackems

Pompey: southern mackems

Birmingham city: yamyam mackens

etc etc...

Villa fans act more like mackems than the "big club" of a pair should.

• 3 weeks later...

:lol: He'll always have the memory of those 5 amazing games playing in amazing half empty stadiums in Monaco and Russia, he'll be able to tell the lads what it was like to play against Bayer Leverkusen (something everyone dreams of) when he's in the West Brom home locker room in a season or 2 after his move for "more playing time".

Getting to come on for a legend like Harry Winks must have been incredible for him.

Edited by Howay

Actually he won't. He only started one CL match for them. :lol:

:lol: :lol:

He got to experience them without buying a ticket though! The West Brom lads will hardly believe the tales of THAT night in an 18,000 seater stadium, proper Champions League night that Darren Fletcher will be jealous.