Moussa Sissoko signs for Spurs for like £30m or WatEVA

Park Life

Football is not about money.

It is about players being better, and that they show on the training ground that they are better than another team-mate and that they deserve to be involved or not. In my opinion, I need to take the decisions and I believe that the players that started in the game and the players on the bench deserved to be involved in the game. There’s nothing else to [read into] it.

It’s not frustrating for me. It’s about football. We can see in football different things that happen. You sign a player and then you expect something, and you don’t find what you expected. If another deserved to be involved, like maybe [Georges-Kévin] Nkoudou or Josh Onomah, or [Vincent] Janssen, then why not?

Just because we pay money, do they deserve to play? Sissoko needs to work hard and to show in future that he deserves to be on the team.

:lol:

They have :lol: Not sure which I'm enjoying more...

I keep checking on the Spurs forums to see what they're making of all of this, and it's fair to say that the shift of public opinion is now firmly against him. 'Worst panic buy I've ever seen', 'Someone needs to be sacked for this' and '£30m ffs' all feature prominently as sentiments.

There are the odd couple who are still clinging to this sentiment that he'll come good and that we would have been relegated much sooner if he hadn't been here as long as he was :lol: Also quite like the comments about how we're never happy unless the whole team, board, and everyone to do with the club is a geordie. A good number of them are seeing sense now tbf.

• 3 months later...

Tottenham looking to sell him for around £20m this summer, apparently. Want rid ASAP - seems as though Poch doesn't like him.

He's now out of the France squad altogether (he made every single France squad while he was here). And has told the French media he will only stay at Spurs if the manager leaves :D 

Apologies for source - but the original is from L'Equipe: https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/3167136/tottenham-ready-to-cut-their-losses-on-30m-flop-moussa-sissoko-and-flog-him-this-summer/

They'll do well to get £20m for him. We would have been happy with £15m prior to his performances in the Euros. He at least had a few good performances for us. He's done nothing of note at all for Spurs.

So is he going to look for a move to a bigger side? I guess the reason he's not performing now is because they're beneath him like how he never bothered his arse for NUFC.

I honestly don't know how any team could possibly rate him higher than the 5-10m bracket (which is still high for him imo), he's on a very similar level to Diame I reckon and honestly he puts less effort in. He lacks any sort of technique, his runs are only ever successful due to his athleticism, his passing is poor, decision making is poor, shooting is horrific (in fact he rarely is even confident enough to make a proper go of it and often opts to just side foot it to the centre of the net so he registers a shot on target).

He's a bottom half of the PL player due to the combination of his lacking ability and his total lack of effort, if he tried hard he'd probably be in the mid to slightly top half bracket I've no idea why Spurs ever thought he'd improve them.

I'm glad it's going shit for him because the bloke is a cunt tbh. Hopefully he either rots in their reserves for another year or ends up at some small French side or club like Hull.

So is he going to look for a move to a bigger side? I guess the reason he's not performing now is because they're beneath him like how he never bothered his arse for NUFC.

I honestly don't know how any team could possibly rate him higher than the 5-10m bracket (which is still high for him imo), he's on a very similar level to Diame I reckon and honestly he puts less effort in. He lacks any sort of technique, his runs are only ever successful due to his athleticism, his passing is poor, decision making is poor, shooting is horrific (in fact he rarely is even confident enough to make a proper go of it and often opts to just side foot it to the centre of the net so he registers a shot on target).

He's a bottom half of the PL player due to the combination of his lacking ability and his total lack of effort, if he tried hard he'd probably be in the mid to slightly top half bracket I've no idea why Spurs ever thought he'd improve them.

I'm glad it's going shit for him because the bloke is a cunt tbh. Hopefully he either rots in their reserves for another year or ends up at some small French side or club like Hull.

Aye, thing is Re: Diame, I think he does try and tracks around, he's just so fucking slow that he looks like he's running in quicksand. Sissoko has shown that he's rapid, he just cannot be arsed. A tall, quick player who only sprints three times a game and never jumps for headers unless he's completely unmarked. A total fanny who, and I quote someone else here, spends all game kicking the ball off people's shins.

Pretty much, aye. Especially the bit in bold

Aye, thing is Re: Diame, I think he does try and tracks around, he's just so fucking slow that he looks like he's running in quicksand. Sissoko has shown that he's rapid, he just cannot be arsed. A tall, quick player who only sprints three times a game and never jumps for headers unless he's completely unmarked. A total fanny who, and I quote someone else here, spends all game kicking the ball off people's shins.

Aye that's it, I realize my last post seemed like a bit of a pop at DIame, Diame tries that's why I try not to give the lad flak despite having a similar issue of lacking much technique I just worded it poorly. The last bit about him just kicking the ball off people's shins is spot on :lol: any run was just him bouncing it off people, sometimes it worked and he got the bounce but then he inevitably bottled the shot or made a shite decision, other times it bobbled out of play or the player was successful in the tackle and he put his hands on his hips and didn't bother trying to win it back.

Sissoko was probably one of the few players that have played for NUFC that I have really disliked. I don't have those feelings towards players like San Benito Anita, or Raymond Colback as they do at least work hard, it's just they lack in the aspect of being football players. Sissoko was also odd in the way that he wasn't frustrating in the way players like Ben Arfa or Robert were where they had immense talent but they didn't always give their all, he was an odd mix of shit football player who rarely put any effort in and I've genuinely no idea how he has made it to where he is in the game.

It of course also doesn't help that he spent most of his time at NUFC inferring we were a little club that was beneath him and he's a superstar that should be playing at the highest level. We bought the cunt for buttons from Toulouse and he spent the next 3 seasons battling relegation, I've no idea where he got that attitude from. He then moved to the 3rd best side in the league and now thinks he's big enough to give a "it's me or the manager" type of demand :lol: . Lunatic.

Edited by Howay