January 2013 transfers

sammynb

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the list my spies have obtained for me.

1. Loic Remy (If they accept our fee/player accepts our terms, all non-negotiable)

2. Antoine Sibierski

3. Shefki Kuqi

:lol: Not a million miles from the truth I'd wager.

:lol: Not a million miles from the truth I'd wager.

Wouldn't Lovenkrands be number 2 and Kuqi 3 now Sibierski is retired?

Isn't the word on the street that Rogers doesn't rate Enrique and wants rid?

Would you have him back to strengthen the squad?

Or fuck the cunt, let him rot at the red bin dippers.

Enrique has been killing it for Liverpool of late, just picked up a hamstring injury though... was frequently on the cusp of a major one here - from his sprinters build iyam.

My hopes rest on strengthening in the window and the return of Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Taylor. I think our squad, when fully fit, is more than capable of getting us out of this mire and taking us into Europe next season.

Krul is a young 'keeper with bags of promise, I've no fears about him.

Debuchy was one of the performers in the Euros and I believe he'll be a massive improvement on Simpson, who is an adequate deputy (as is R.Taylor).

Taylor isn't great, still prone to the rash tackle and what not, but he's good enough to play alongside Colo until he's improved upon, however he's injured more often than not and vcan't be relied upon. Williamson is a Championship defender. and needs replacing as soon as possible.

Colo is the best centre half we've had at the club in my life, I reckon. Would get into most, Premier League 1st teams, only really Man City where he might not.

Santon is young and a little suspect positionally, but I reckon a settled side will see marked improvements in his reading of the game, improvements to his performances will surely follow.

The defence does need much more strength in depth however. We need a Centre back that either challenges Colo for 1st choice, or at the very least usurps Taylor as 2nd.

Tiote's form has been shocking this season and I don't know if it's a mental issue off the field, or if the constant changes to the team have affected his game more than others? One thing is for sure, not playing alongside Cabaye seriously damages his game. Might be worth picking up another player in his destructive position.

Cabaye is a wonderful player and I've no fears about him. He, like Colo, makes all the players around him improve by orders of magnitude.

Anita shows glimpses of quality, but again he needs to get used to the team around him before I'll make a definite decision on him.

Marveaux, Bigi, Obertan, are fringe players and would be on the bench if our 1st team took the field.

Hatem Ben Arfa should be knighted. We are immeasurably better with him on the field, even if the other blue chip players aren't around. Genuinely the one player I have faith in to turn a frustrating game into a winning one.

We need a defensive minded midfielder, Sissoko and Mulumbu have been mentioned and they'd be a good alternative to Tiote when eh's inevitably suspended. Perch tried hard and has played well at times in that role, but that's more due to sheer effort of will, rather than any degree of talent.

I think the centre is well stocked and I think wide right is ok, but we need a 1st team wide left player. Remy is apparently the man to fill that void, but I'm not convinced at all.

Cisse is, in my opinion, the only striker at the club that deserves the title. He'll improve when he's in a settled team and when he gets his full confidence back.

Ameobi has been an average striker since he 1st pulled on the shirt. Apparently he's a big voice in the dressing room and according to Pardew an inspirational one. He's useful when you want to kill off a game, but as has been said; there is no way he should be starting a game. (I understand that Pardew will have been preparing for this game expecting Ba to start in the centre, Cisse out wide, hence the line-up, but it should never happen again)

Sammy Ameobi, Campbell and Ranger aren't ready for the first team and the latter's behaviour off the field should see him sold as soon as possible.

We need at least one striker, a wide left midfielder, a centre half for the 1st team and another couple of players for the bench. So 5 new players in this window.

I think we'll get 2.

Fuck me I hate Ashley. :(

End of the contract in June, Moussa Sissoko spoiled for choice on the identity of his future club. According to information from RMC , the Toulouse is advanced into contact with Juventus , Newcastle and Tottenham. The AC Milan and Aston Villa are also looking in this folder.

En savoir plus: http://www.sport.fr/football/ligue-1-tfc-sissoko-piste-par-la-juve-et-tottenham-293280.shtm#ixzz2Guqx2Aoo

I'd have him back in a shot but wages would mean it would never happen.

Right then, I only believe we are going to sign someone when it's completed. Absolutely expecting them to say we had our targers but they didn't come through, same excuse as every other window...

I don't have fears that this squad, when healthy, is good enough to be top ten. However, I do have fears that when you play midweek games and have a very thin squad, you end up on the wrong side of the table. This has happened to a million teams who "overachieved" and got into Europe.

That's why I say/said investment was crucial. This club shouldn't even be in the relegation discussion at this point

Edited by colinh9

it's a disaster that we are where we are after last season. at this stage of the season we should up there with everton and spurs just behind the top 4, not languishing just above the relegation zone. classic case of going backwards by standing still and not investing and building on last season's success.

He'd been at Portsmouth and agreed to cut is contract short when they were fucked.

He was someone I was very keen on us signing when Fat Sam was in charge but he's been gash for quite a while now. Don't think he'd be better than Williamson or Perch!