January 2013 transfers

sammynb

You'd hope they can sort him out, he looked like he was man City for a laugh and behaved that way. I reckon El Shaarawy is the better player now & will be in the future but it would be no surprise if Balotelli started banging them in.Niang I've not seen much of - but neither had anyone I suppose. I was reading about him on IBWM and they reckon he's going to be class. Clubs like Milan don't stay poor for long because the fans simply don't turn up if they're shit.

As you know I've always had a soft spot for Meelan ever since I was a yeng 'un. So hopefully this signing will mark a new era for them if you like. They're certainly in transition at the moment but I think this can be the catalyst for them returning to their rightful place at the top of Serie A.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've a soft spot for them too after going but also they have been really important culturally/tactically throughout the years so there's always something good top read about them. Plus some of the players they've had are amazing, brilliant imports whilst also having a solid Italian spine.

Butland going to Stoke today, but back on loan to Birmingham after turning down Chelsea.

Asked a Brummy mate about him when we were linked, he likes him, but doesn't think he's anywhere near ready for the PL. They also had Hart on loan there a few seasons back and said he is nowhere near that good.

The bloke doing the Torygraph's transfer ticker is great.

21.42 What's Peter Odemwingie thinking right now? Can he possibly go back to West Brom after taking it upon himself to drive down the M40 and attempt to force a transfer through? Are QPR still interested? What of Odemwingie's agent? Perhaps the two of them are in the car together, remonstrating with each other.

Odemwingie: You said QPR was in the bag.

Agent: It was in the bag. They're just thinking it over.

Odemwingie: What if it falls through? I've burned all my bridges at West Brom.

Agent: It'll be fine, trust me.

Odemwingie: Easy for you to say. I'm having a Yorkie.

Agent: Give me a bit.

Odemwingie: No.

Agent: Our contract states you owe me 10 per cent of that Yorkie. Hand it over.

Odemwingie: You're not getting any Yorkie.

[There is a mild scuffle as the agent attempts to grab the Yorkie. Odemwingie fends him off.]

Agent: How do you feel about Anzhi?

Odemwingie: Oh, f--- off.

21.35 Crystal Palace have completed the signing of Kevin Phillips from Blackpool until the end of the season, or until he snuffs it, whichever is sooner. Phillips will be 40 in July.

:D